“Slept Like A Baby”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Niagra Falls, Canada on September 11 - 12, 2012. I was able to walk to many nearby area attractions and restaurants. It was also convenient to drive my car to all the others. The hotel had ample secure parking and a location in the middle of everything. I used the vending area a few times and the luggage carts getting in and out without any hassle. My room was spotless and cleaned exceeding my expectations. The hot tub bath tub feature was much appreciated and I had a pretty good view of the town from my room. I could also see my car in the parking lot and I liked that. The staff was more than gracious and I will return again if in the area. I was pleased and felt I more than got my money's worth. I would highly recommend this Courtyard by Marriott location.

Room Tip: This was a hassle free hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We checked in without any issues and they upgraded our standard room to a junior presidential suite and gave us free parking. The only downside was there was no breakfast and the restaurant was was under renovations however the staff were extremely helpful and made great recommendations of nearby restaurants. Will be back soon for sure!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It appears that they are renovating the lobby but the rooms need it too. Mine had some kind of braket holes in the wall and just looked cheap. The shower was tiny the controls on the tub hard to reach, no HBO. I requested a view and got a city view. The city I could view was a concrete wall. One reason I picked this hotel was to try the Keg steak house attached as the hotel website said, but the Keg was closed for renovations, the web site did not say that.

Room Tip: Ask for high up
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a Junior Suit with a King bed and 2 person Jacuzzi tub. It was a nice room with a good view (we were on the 10th floor.) The pool was too cold and the public hot tub was not that hot but ok. The lobby was gorgeous and the smart board was useful. We found our room too warm, so they provided a fan. The staff were friendly and helpful. We found that the 9:30 breakfast buffet closing time a little early so only one of us were able to get down to it once in the 3 days we stayed. Walking distance to everything. Although it is a nice hotel, probably would not stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor for view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne L
Reviewed November 13, 2012

First off, let me just preface this review by saying that the hotel is currently undergoing renovation and that is why the rating is "Average". When my husband and I arrived Friday night, we were greeted by 3 friendly agents and check in was swift and friendly. This theme continued throughout the stay as ever staff encounter was friendly and warm.

The downside - they are in the midst of a renovation so the room we had was partly renovated (new soft goods, carpeting, older furniture) but comfortable. We did have an issue with the heater not really functioning the first night but we didn't say anything because well, it wasn't that big of a deal to us and the rest of the weekend was so warm that it was unnecessary. The biggest disappoinment was that our favorite restaurant, The Keg (located in their lobby) was closed for renovation so we couldn't not grab a late night bite and drink there but rather had to go across the street to the TGI Friday's where we had a civil bartender/server and a mediocre meal.

We'll be back in a few months and I am hoping that the renovations will be done, the heaters in the room will function well and The Keg is open.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SKGuidotti99
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bought a Groupon for this getaway. Parking was only $11 per night, which is cheaper than the other Marriotts around. Too bad that the Keg was closed. No room service available but otherwise the staff were friendly and the room was huge, clean and pretty decent - the huge jacuzzi was a bonus. The pool water was a bit cool but otherwise it's nice. There's also the hottub. The pool was on maintenance one day but they gave us a free movie when I asked for it at front desk. Location was a walking distance to Clifton Hill and of course the Falls.

Room Tip: King Whirlpool room is the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. Walk to Falls OR Casinos is about 5-7 Mins..pretty close to all Niagara Falls Attractions. Staff is friendly and helpful. Our package included free breakfast and a $40.00 voucher to eat at TGIF, Breakfast was good..but TGIF is below average to dine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family