“Nice Get Away”

Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Canton, Ohio, United States
“Nice Get Away”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here on Oct 17, 2012, we arrived a little early and since our room was not ready we were upgraded to a suite with a whirlpool, fireplace,and beautiful view. The staff was friendly and courteous.

1 Thank Regina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
massachusetts
Reviewed October 21, 2012

my husband and i stayed at the courtyard by marriott for a 2 night getaway and it was awsome. the staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions. Our room was up graded and our view was spectacular especially at night it was all lit up. it was very,very clean. They also have 2 computers for guests to use and also print whatever you need at no charge. the mini fridge in the room and icemaker in the hall was great as some hotels don't have icemakers anymore.We also got a package deal for 2 nights,it included a buffet brekfast for 2 mornings and a 40.00 credit to use at TGIF right next door. They are renovating but that didn't interfere with anything. you also got shuttle passes to go to different popular locations, which was very convenient.The location was great you could walk to everything if you wished,and souvenier shopping was right out your door. Many things to do you won't be bored..

Room Tip: our room was # 706 (7th floor) and was perfect we had a couch and a huge jacuzzi tub for 2 , king be...
1 Thank chrissyanddan
Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel should be ranked higher. The customer service is great, it's clean, and consistent with the Courtyard brand. The location is wonderful and you can park you car and walk everywhere with ease. If I ever go back to the Niagara area, I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JSShelby
Lindsay, ON
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Clean hotel, nice rooms, friendly staff but we’ll never stay there again.

1) The website offered deal with coupon for The Keg but it doesn’t mention The Keg is closed for renos. The live person I spoke with to book the room never mentioned it either. TGIF is a poor substitute. Bad form, Marriott.

2) After a long day of travelling, I unpacked and opened a bottle of wine (romantic getaway) and the only glasses in the room were the thinnest plastic deals I’d ever seen (really Marriott?.. even some of the cheapest places I’ve stayed in have glass glasses) However, I did call down and they did deliver glasses to the room. Thank you.

3) The room was right across from the ice machine. I noticed this as we arrived, thinking, ‘shouldn’t this be at the end of the hall or in a room all on its own?’ But I was too tired to worry about it (refer to #2). At 1am someone took enough ice out of that machine to fill a tub and 40 minutes later I was awoke by it being used again. I gave up on sleep for a while.

4) Wifi in rooms in theory only. After giving up on sleep with the ice machine traffic, I decided to u/l some pictures I’d taken that day. Connection to the internet lasted for seconds at a time, even when I was wired in. So very frustrating but I kept trying, in vain, for an hour. The worst hotel sleep ever for me.

5) Next morning I complained. Complaining to a manager is NOT what I envisioned doing on this weekend we were so looking forward to. She sympathized and said ‘why didn’t you call down, you could have changed rooms, we had plenty empty.’ My first thought was ‘at 3am??’, then I thought, ‘why did you book us in a room in front of an ice machine if you had plenty others available??’.. but I just asked for, and was given a different room.

6) I was told the new room would have better wifi connection as it was ‘right above the router’. It WAS better.. but still poor. I have to say though, I slept like a rock in the new room.

7) Fireplace gave a nice glow but no heat.. we laughed at that.

Maybe I expected too much from this place… but I won’t stay here again. It really disappointed us and was the worst part of our 3 day getaway.

Room Tip: beware the ice machine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard Niagara Falls, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Cathy M:

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay at the Courtyard by Marriott, Niagara Falls. Your feedback has been extremely valuable and has been shared with our Front Office Manager and team, as our guests’ experience is our number one priority.

We do hope that you will give our hotel a second chance the next time you are in Niagara Falls.
Galway
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in October. We were upgraded for minimal cost to a lovely room with Jacuzzi. The room was spacious, warm and clean with plenty of towels etc. Only fault - you hear your neighbour having a shower in the morning and it was pretty loud for a hotel. Aside from that it suited us. Also note you do have to pay for parking here also.

Room Tip: As with all the hotels around here - unless you pay for it dont expect a Falls View
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The kindest most friendliest staff (including the housekeeping staff) at any place that I have stayed . Our reservation was for a King size guest Room with whirlpool. When we checked in they did not have that room left. With no hesitation we were upgraded to a Jr. presidential suite with king size bed, fireplace and whirlpool.
The fireplace was a mood setting fireplace, did not give off any heat. The room was very clean and a great view. Our reservation also included a breakfast buffet at TGI Fridays which was very good. Overall : an excellent place to stay with very friendly staff.

Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The hotel is in the perfect location - close to the restaurants and attractions. It is within a 10 minute walk to both Falls. The hotel does not have a view of the Falls which was not an issue, since the majority of time is spent outside of the hotel and around the Falls. The hotel is smaller than the larger hotels by the Falls which made it easier to manage especially when taking the car to drive to other attractions such as the Butterfly Conservatory and Niagara on the Lake. Overall the hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly, and price was fair.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family