“AWESOME”

Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Three magnificent falls, two American and one Canadian, mark the point at which the Niagara River rumbles over the Niagara Escarpment.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

One of the most beautiful places to visit. I grew up in this area of New York, and it was so nice to be back for a visit. Niagara Falls never changes - it's just as beautiful as I remember it as a child. I had been here so many times as a child, but after moving away - it's funny how you miss attractions that you don't see anymore. Brought back so many childhood memories.

Write a ReviewReviews (29,023)
All reviews
in 3,577 reviews
"canada"
in 2,240 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Absolutely, no doubt about it recommended. A few tips: when you redeem your adventure pass at the welcome center (assuming you buy it online) they will ask you to schedule times to do all of the different parts of the adventure pass. Pick some times that you think you might make it but really the times don't matter at all. We were kind of freaking out trying to make our scheduled times and not one person asked us which time we were booked for. Also, another tip is that the white water walk is all by itself at one end (a few miles away from everything else) then maid of the mist is by itself too at the bottom of Clifton Hill. Niagara's Fury and the Journy Behind the Falls are both down at Table Rock. This should help you plan your adventures. We had no idea where anything was and just willy nilly did things and we were traveling all over the place. Ended up working out fine but would have been nice to know where things were. The WEGO bus system was super easy to navigate too and handy to have to get around. We used it quite a bit. This pass is perfect and all the activities were wonderful. Journey behind the falls was definitely my favorite. Oh and word to the wise (b/c we were completely surprised) you will get the MOST wet at Niagara's Fury (the 4D movie)... they dump SO much water on you. Have fun! :)

1  Thank jrzgrl5
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Came to Niagara falls and was really excited about seeing them, after all the hype about them i was expecting them to be huge. What a let down! I have been to Iguazu falls in Argentina and those are spectacular...these.....well they are just a disappointment. Even my husband who hasn't seen Iguazu was like "is this it?"

I would not return, nor would I recommend it to others.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

beautiful...can't really live in North America and miss this! a real Bucket List item...not to be missed

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I prefer things off the beaten path so Niagara Falls is not high on my list of places to go. As is usual with sites of grandeur, the human race has managed to turn this natural wonder into a fantastic tourist attraction; however, I do recommend taking a trip to see them at least once. The sheer awesomeness of the deluge is worth putting up with the tourist feel of the place. It has all the bells and whistles of a global "tourist trap". Plenty of Hotels, Casinos, Clubs, Restaurants, and Activities (none of which appealed to me). I do recommend, at least, getting a WEGO pass as it makes getting around all of the attractions very convenient. There were fewer people in the morning (I arrived around 8am) than were there in the afternoon. I recommend viewing the falls as early in the day as possible to avoid being crowded in. When I left in the afternoon, the viewing area looked like the stage front of a rock concert. Shoulder to shoulder people. The Rainbow Bridge on a Friday at around 8am was no hassle crossing into Canada. There was no line or delay. I chose to take the Peace Bridge, to the south of the falls, as my route back to the States that afternoon. I highly recommend it, as the drive down the Niagara Parkway is a beautiful one, and definitely off the beaten path. Also the wait at the bridge was only moderate.

1  Thank Jeffrey B