“perfect little place near the Falls”

Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“perfect little place near the Falls”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed there for one night with a friend of mine in the green room in August 2013, the location of the BnB is great, walking distance to the Falls and other attraction. And the house is lovely.

Scott is the most most friendly and helpful host I have ever seen in my trip to Canada. He helped us on tourist spots, buses and everything.

And the breakfast there is absolutely amazing, simple but amazing.

Scott, don't know if you remember me, hahaha, told you I would recommend your place to others, and now I do, because your place is totally worth recommending.

Just stay here, you won't regret.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for recommending the B&B Alice. Yes, of course I remember you! I'm pleased to hear that you both enjoyed breakfast and also the hospitality here. It is not difficult providing a friendly place to stay when I so much enjoy owning / operating the B&B with the wonderful people my wife and I get to meet. If you are ever back in this region of Canada again, you must return for a longer stay, as there is a lot to see and enjoy in the Niagara Falls region, besides "the Falls", which are very spectacular.
Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed a week at the Ambiance by the Falls bed and breakfast. Its location is centrally located for day trips to the surrounding areas (Falls sightseeing, hiking adventures, or shopping to Buffalo or Toronto).

Scott is a multi-talented and knowledgeable host. He produces wonderful breakfasts as detailed in prior posts. You will not leave hungry as he has a variety of breakfast selections to satisfy any appetite. Additionally, he was able to recommend multiple hiking trails and historical sites in the immediate area (This was particularly important for our first trip in the Provence of Ontario). He has great stories about historically significant events which happened in this area.

The Green room at the bnb is on the small side but has all the amenities. It was clean and quite comfortable and served our purposes adequately.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the Ambiance by the Falls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable vacation time here in the Niagara region. Certainly there are also many interesting historical attractions / places to visit and explore in the area besides just "The Falls", and it is nice that you had the time to enjoy many of them. Glad to be able to get your days started off with nice breakfasts!
Thank you for sharing your experience at the B&B. It was indeed my pleasure to have you come as guests and leave as friends!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Ambiance for our anniversary. As a first timer to Niagara Falls, I was more than pleasantly surprised by the location (my partner had stayed on the strip before and was definitely relieved by the tranquility of the B&B). The walk to the Falls and all the attractions was even closer to me than it seemed on google maps. What's more, it's in a residential area, and though just a few blocks away, it made a world of difference!

Then there was the hospitality - absolutely top notch! Such a great balance of privacy and attentive service. We stayed in the Blue Room, and it was just perfect. It is nicely decorated and furnished (you feel like a guest at a friend's who actually cares about your comfort and the cleanliness). And what's not to love about your private, pristine washroom!

In terms of the value, we went during off-peak and that was perfect for our budget ($80). It's also good to keep in mind that all hotels/motels WILL charge you for parking, whether they advertise that online or not! Usually $12. Here you have free parking and an easy walk and easy drive to Niagara on the Lake. On top of that, we were amazed with the fine breakfast - Scott really goes all out :) It's been 4 months since our stay and after reflection, I still have nothing negative to say about it. I suspect that even though the summer prices are a bit steep for us, I would end up staying there because the very very small difference in price (in comparison to other locations) pays off exponentially. Having zero complaints about your accommodations is worth every penny. Thanks Scott!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your B&B experience here at Ambiance by the Falls! Thanks for sharing your experience for other potential guests to read as they consider a stay here.
So many guests do indeed appreciate our close proximity to the Falls, yet the quietness of the location here.
It's been a pleasure to welcome so many wonderful guests such as yourselves from the Toronto area and also from all over the world. The people we get to meet is truly the "bonus" of being a B&B owner/ operator.
Thanks again for your kind words and hopefully soon we will be able to again welcome you back for a Niagara getaway!
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed for one night over Labor Day weekend. Scott, the owner, was extremely eager to help and happy to provide tourist and dining advice. He was spot-on with all of it and I really enjoyed talking with him. The other guests I met were very friendly.
The B&B has only 3 rooms. There is always tea and coffee available throughout the day. The general living area was nice to sit and chat in. Breakfast was very good, with a range of fruit (absolutely DELICIOUS Ontario peaches), yogurt, muffins and an omelette cooked to order.
The B&B is a very short walk to the Clifton Hill area and the Maid of the Mist (perhaps 10 minutes). Extremely easy to get to after crossing the Rainbow Bridge.
My one improvement would be that I didn't find the pillows very comfortable, but that is very much personal preference!! And I'm sure if I had mentioned that to Scott he probably would have found new ones for me. :)

Room Tip: As outlined on the website, the green room is small. If you want space, choose one of the other room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing your B&B accommodations with us for your Labor Day getaway. It's always great to read that our guests enjoyed their stay here. Indeed many guests comment on how closely situated we are to the Falls area, yet on a quiet street. Also nice you were able to be here during the local peach harvest season!
I have noted your comment on the pillows. Indeed, pillow comfort can be an individual preference, so we do try to stay with a "medium/ soft" polyester fibre fill pillow firmness. We do indeed have additional pillows available on request.
It was a pleasure to meet you. Hopefully you will have a chance in the future to return for a longer stay and enjoy the many wonderful sights and attractions in the Niagara region.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ambiance by the Falls is a great little B&B tucked away on the fringes of downtown Niagara Falls. It's less than a 10-min walk to great views of the falls, and about 15 min from the Maid of the Mist and Clinton Hill. Host Scott is very welcoming, resourceful and knowledgeable. The breakfast is very good (eggs, meat, granola, yogurt, fruits).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our B&B for other travellers to read. It was certainly my pleasure to provide you with assistance on the area attractions, restaurants etc ..
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay.
As a B&B owner, the most enjoyable time for me is the interaction with our guests.
Hopefully, we will be able to welcome you back at a future time. Thanks again.
nederland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a great stay in this well decorated and maintained B&B. Scott is a great host, very friendly and helpfull. We had a lot to discuss about the Netherlands, as this is the place where his parents came from, emigrating to Canada.
The breakfast was very tastfull and nice presented. Also the location is perfect. On walking distance from the main attractions. We were happy that it was located in a peacefull area though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have had many positive guest comments about being so close to the Falls tourist area, yet being on a quiet street, which is indeed a nice feature of our location. Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here, including breakfast.
It's always a pleasure to welcome guests from around the world, including Holland.
All the best to both of you!
Shanty Bay, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I just got home from 2013 Canada Day weekend in Niagara Falls. We stayed at Ambiance by the Falls for one night, and we can say we will definitely be back! We love B&B's and will never do hotels again....this B&B only confirms that mind-set further! Scott and his wife were very accommodating. We stayed in the Yellow Room which was unique with vintage/modern charm. The room was incredibly clean and very comfortable. Ambiance is such a close walk to the falls and is nice and out of the way of the busy streets of downtown Niagara Falls. The house has a vintage old age feel with lots of character. The rates are fair and very affordable! Lastly, the breakfast was to die for!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique with a vintage feels. They are very clean as well. We stayed in the yellow room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KM H
Scott G, Owner at Ambiance by the Falls Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
It's always great to hear that our guests have had a wonderful time staying at our B&B while in Niagara Falls. Thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing your experience with other potential travelers.
As much as our guests enjoy their time here, my wife and I also get to meet so many wonderful people, which is the best part of operating the B&B.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back on a future weekend getaway to Niagara Falls!