“Excellent experience,highly recommend!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Corner Brook, Canada
“Excellent experience,highly recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

Excellent stay at the Sheraton. Rooms were very clean, bedding was very comfortable, a few over average perks like star bucks coffee in the room. Absolutely no complaints about the room side of the stay. The View of the Niagara (make sure you ask for falls view) was absolutely awesome!
-Down side : staff sent us to the wrong level to catch the bus to "Marineland" at 1:00p.m. When we got on the bus we were told they didn't go to Marineland at that time, the bus driver took us anyway. :)So staff not always knowledgeable about the "free" Shuttlebuses to main attraction points. Also the restaurant " Eastside Marios" and "Ihop" was grosely expensive. Tip: There's a few buffet breakfasts around the area for cheap! This hotel was definitely geared toward tourists and the money that tourists bring, look at your options for eating if you are coming on a budget. There are alot of restaurants ie. Applebees that are much cheaper if they are not located in the hotels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

We received great service and a great rate, after 3 days of searching for a hotel. Only stay here if you get a great offer, like a dining credit. Sheraton Fallsview looks at the smaller falls, but is the closest to all of the attractions. Sheraton on the Falls, the Marriott, the Oakes, and Embassy suites (although you need to walk to the attractions) all have the best views overlooking the falls (Sheraton on the Falls is the best view in my opinion and has dinner vouchers, etc.). All the other hotels are really lame because they are at least a street or two away behind other buildings. No matter where you stay, you have to do MAID OF THE MIST! I have traveled to many other continents, but this is one of the best things I have done in my life!

Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband, our daughter and I stayed at this hotel on this weekend for one night. Sunday morning we have decided to start the day by going to the pool. Everything was ok there but when I wanted to go to the bathroom at the pool I’ve noticed that the toilet basin in the women bathroom was filled to the rim with water so I refrained from using it.
When we went back to our room our toilet started to overflow and it filled the whole bathroom and the hall with water, making the whole bathroom unusable.
I’ve immediately called the reception and told them about the toilet and I’ve asked them to provide another room since my husband and my daughter wanted to take a shower to wash out the chlorine from the pool. We were told that no room was available and we have to wait for the bathroom to be cleaned.
We waited for the plumber and the cleaning staff, but when we realised that it will take a while to clean the whole mess (the water was already about 1 cm in the hall), and since we haven’t had breakfast yet, we decided not to wait anymore. I had to go down to the lobby and use the bathroom and neither my husband nor my daughter had a shower that morning.

I went to the reception desk to complain and Roberto told us plain and simple that there is nothing he can do and the only thing for us is to wait for the room to be cleaned. He did not even have the common curtsey to apologise for our inconvenience. I’ve told him that we’ve paid for 4 stars service and we barely got one star, with water from toiled flooding our room.
My husband asked for the front office manager and was sent to speak to Peter [--] who told my husband that he has no time for him and when my husband insisted, he abruptly told him that he (my husband) was getting on his nerves. He end up saying that he does not care for us or for our problem – of course he didn’t since we’ve already paid for the night and we were checking out later that day.
We have ended the conversation at that point, and decided to write to someone who actually care (we hope) about the guests in this chain of hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank PucuD

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Grand Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

This room was great - very clean, very nice bed, no noise. The location was also great, very convenient to the falls, several restaurants, and the casino. It would have been perfect except for two things: the "city-view" room was actually a view of the parking garage across the street and the parking fee was never mentioned. Parking is valet-parking only and costs $20.

Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have to admit that I booked this hotel BEFORE I read all the reviews. We always stay at the Sheraton by the Falls but we thought we'd give this "new" Sheraton a chance. It was okay...really! The construction surrounding the hotel was a muddle and we finally did find our way in. The valet people were anxious to park our car for $20 but we opted for the free parking directly across the street at the casino (it's free with the Casino Players Advantage Card...get one...it doesn't cost anything to sign up and you get free parking!). The front lobby was small and clean. The check in was quick and painless. I received a "welcome" card from the GM...nice touch! As SPGuests we received a small upgrade (from 2 queens to 1 king bed with no special view). The room was small, and spartan compared to other Sheraton chain hotels, but it was typical of a Four Points. Room was clean and fresh, all new paint, furniture and the bathroom was very clean. Beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The city view sucked but that's okay since we visit Niagara Falls at least once a month and have seen the Falls since forever!
Overall, a good stay as Four Points go, nothing special but it was okay.
This hotel was a Marriot before. We paid $179 for the room and really, it was not good value for the $
Didn't eat at the IHOP or East Side Marios (both open late). Beware certain restaurants that REALLY overcharge. When our favourite restaurant--The Old Stone Inn--was booked for the nite, we decided to go to Appleby's. We left when we saw that the price of our dinner was $26.99 compared to the same dinner on the American side Appleyby's where that same meal cost $10.69....????:(
Also, if ya love steak The Keg rocks BUT not the prices. They add an extra $5 to every entree and $3 to every app. That's kinda hefty for a view of the Falls don't ya think?

Would I stay here again? Only in a pinch. It's the location that left me lacking. We did check out the pool and hot tubs...Fab!

2 Thank SKSC
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2010

Four Points, and other Starwood hotels, are usually top-notch. I hate complaining. But for this hotel, I have to. SERVICE: Excellent. AMENITIES: Excellent. LOCATION: Excellent. ROOM QUALITY/CLEANLINESS: Horrible.

The room stunk of mold and mildew. There was visible mold patches in the carpeting, especially near the beds and air conditioner. When I asked the Maintenance tech why the rooms smelled so bad, he said the air conditioner units leak water into the carpets and they go moldy. Knowing this, I asked to change rooms. 3 TIMES! Each no success, all the same.

I checked out early, obtained a refund, and will never go back. I will, however, go to other Four Points, just not this one. The rooms might have updated decor, but until they rip out the carpets and wash the walls and fix the moisture, one will have to smell mold all night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jason670
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Made a reservation for a Fallsview room and receieved a confirmation number. Called hotel to guarantee a late arrival and was told it was no problem. Called again the day of to re-confirm the late arrival and was told very rudely that the room was downgraded to a Cityview. Nobody from the hotel called to tell me this - I had to call them to be told this?!?where is the customer service? Room rates are very expensive and stayed elsewhere - only booked at the hotel for a view of the falls and was not going to pay the same rate for a Cityview room. Will stay elsewhere on next stay.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple