“Very Average.. Stay Elsewhere”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed here for a weekend with friends. The hotel is under construction at the moment, but even so, the hotel itself is very average. Rooms were small, shabby decor, and the IHop in the lobby has to be one of the most grossly overpriced restaurants I have ever eaten in. Hugely dissapointing place to stay, but did not put a damper on our weekend. I think next time I will try the Hilton....

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

Reviewed July 20, 2010

We got there with the guidance of a GPS. When it said "arrive destination", we didn't see an entrance but only a construction site (the hotel is building an extension). "Front" entrance is actually at the back :-) We didn't choose valet parking but need to unload the luggage first. Valet person took our car key anyway (said he'll need to move our car while we were checking-in). Later when we've settled, we pointed at our car and one of the guys gave us back our key. Just by pointing, no proof, nothing, what if people accidentally pointed at others car??

We booked 2 rooms. One for my family, the other for my in-laws. We arrived at 1pm. Two rooms which were connected are all ready for us. Check in was quick & smooth. When stepping out of the elevator into the hallway heading to our rooms, a moldy smell attacked us every time when we were there, but fortunately not inside the rooms.

Rooms are spacious. City view is not too bad. A small foyer with ceramic tiles is practical. However, cleanliness of the room is below average. A strand of long hair is hanging on the lamp shade. Another strand of hair on the coffee maker. Carpet is REALLY dirty. Stains everywhere. Looks like it has been there for over a decade, but that is weird because I can tell there is a major renovation recently and everything inside the rooms is quite new.

Bathroom looks clean. Again, everything is quite new. Except one dark spot starts to show up on the grout in the shower. From the spot it showed people can imagine how dirty it was underneath. Toiletries smell awful. Didn't like it at all.

Husband & son tried to use their swimming pool. Can't get in, too many people. Free wi-fi are offered in room but it's very slow.

Beds are comfy. Had a good night sleep.

We'll be back only for their packages. They are of good values during weekdays.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travelalotwithfamily
Reviewed July 20, 2010

First - they are still "under construction" and there is no lit up sign to help you find the location after dark. The sign is black with small Four Points lettering in skinny white letters. We drove around for 20 mins just trying to find this place. Tip - its the same building as the IHOP.

Second - the first room they gave us was beyond GROSS. I'm not one to switch hotel rooms often but there were nasty black large stains all over the carpet and throw up on the walls in the foyer near the bathroom. We called the front desk who came up and agreed the room shouldn't have been on the market. The only room they had left was a king bed (we reserved two doubles) in the corner next to the ice machine. It was 1/2 the size of the other room. It too had many stains on the carpet but at least the rest of it appeared somewhat clean. The hotel has been a starwood property since April but I guess when they renovated they didn't change the carpet - its NASTY.

Third - The people were really nice. The front desk personnnel printed us directions, were apologetic about the room etc. The valet folks were also nice and attentive.

However, I would not return or recommend.

Reviewed July 20, 2010

When we arrived check in seemed to go smoothly until we went to our room to find it was a one bed room, I had booked online a 2 queen bed plus a cot fallsview room so that we could watch the fireworks. The second room was a 2 queen bed room but the view was awful. We asked for a cot three times but it never did arrive. The WORST part was when I went to go to bed I lifted the sheet to discover a huge wet spot on the bed. Absolutely disgusting!!! It was shift change so it took almost an hour for the staff to change the mattress and bedding, which did not fit the mattress. When I booked online it indicated that the room had video games for the kids but front desk said there are no video games. Perhaps if I had not had the big wet stain on the bed experience I would not judge so harshly but I find that is a terrible oversite on the part of housekeeping and I would not be willing to take that chance again. After seeing that I wanted to leave. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and next time I would be more willing to pay the extra money for a better fallsview hotel. The view on the website pictures are VERY misleading. The staff were friendly but even they gave you the sense that staying there was a rip off.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Four Points Sheraton Niagara Falls, takes the reservation but does not keep the reservation. Had two rooms booked SPG member whoopie! My fault some how? Bumped us down the street at Ramada! Four Points mgr said to me, when I suggest I would complain" knock yourself out"! Wow such great customer service! Not! Recommend anyone staying in Niagara Falls, stay at the Hilton or Ramada! They want your business!

Reviewed July 18, 2010

1.there is no cold water in the room early morning.
2.we wait 10 minutes for the elevator.
3.mattress never been rotated bending on one side
4.coffee is terrible.
5.sheets smaller than the blanket.
6.food is very expensive.
7.very disappointed with sheraton.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nazdar
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We were on a tour of Canada and no tour would be complete without seeing the majestic Niagara Falls. I went there with my wife and year old. We landed into Toronto rented a car and drove. Its not a bad drive, about 1.5-2 hours give or take.

This hotel name has been changed to 4 Points. There is nothing new about the hotel as yet. There was some renovation going on so early to say about that but overall it looked old wine in a new bottle.

We got to the hotel around 245 PM. After getting all my information the reception tells me that there are no rooms available. It was 245 PM!! So cant be helped. They take my cell number and promise to call me when the room is ready around 4. So we go out and finish the maid of the mist etc and return to the hotel at 545 PM. Mind you no call till then. We get to the hotel not even a word of apology that they did not call and inform our room was ready.

We finally get to our room, a falls view room (costed about $220). The view of the falls is tight. You barely get to see the falls as there is a large parking structure opposite the hotel and then the falls view casino. You get to see about 20% of the falls, nothing more.

My wife wanted a cup of hot water. We called room service, well there was no room service, the front desk answered the phone. She asked us to call the restaurant who asked us to call the front desk who again told us to talk to the restaurant. Finally we get through to someone in the restaurant who says that he cant send hot water to the room!!! So my wife calls back the full circle and finally finds 1 person who can send the water to our room. All in all it took us about 30 minutes to get hot water to our room. This does not speak highly of the service standards, does it?

The worse part is valet. $20!!! yes 20 bucks to park the car in niagara falls city!!! It costs 25-30 at a valet in NYC. This was a rip off. Be aware of this charge. They don't make it clear on the website when you are booking a room.

Anyway overall an average stay so I complained to the management. They wrote back that if I was coming to Niagara again they would like to offer a free stay to repair the above. I am unlikely to go there so I doubt I will use it.

You are better of paying the same amount for a non view room at the Hilton or more for a falls view room at the casino hotel and get a much better view of the falls and a nicer hotel. Btw, the non view room at the casino hotel was about 50 bucks cheaper than the rooms i paid for at 4 points.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family