“Great location, but spend your $ elsewhere”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great location. It is attached to the Hilton which both share a walkway to the Fallsview Casino, all a short walk from the falls. That's the best thing it has going for it. We stayed through a Groupon deal which included a bunch of food vouchers, which did help out a lot. Everything is so expensive in Niagara Falls. We were able to check in early, which was nice. The lobby area is very nice, remodeled as well as the restaurant areas. Once you figure out which elevators to take to your floor (there are 3 elevator banks which go to different floors) it is nice and clean. We were in a city view room on the 14th floor. The room itself was a bit dated. Older, ugly carpet, room doors are difficult to open/close (make sure to pull hard when closing as they don't shut completely on their own). Our biggest complaint was the extremely thing walls! As in, we could hear every single thing our neighbors were doing. From talking, to coughing in the middle of the night, to some very x rated things all day long. Luckily we weren't traveling with our children, or we would have had some major explaining to do. We have stayed at other hotels in the area, and would recommend staying somewhere else for the noise issue alone.

We also had some other comfort issues while there. We hated the pillows, which is a personal choice. We prefer more firm pillows, which these were not. Also, the temperature was difficult to control. There was a thermostat on the wall, which you would think would control the temp. Not so much. No matter what you set it at, neither the heat nor the air would turn on. We had to use the large wall unit under the window for some air. And the unit was super loud! One good thing though, is that the noise from the a/c was able to drown out the noise from our neighbors ;) One last issue, was with hot water. We were there for 2 nights, and one of the days we didn't have very hot water. We were told by the front desk that they needed to re-set the boiler and that it would be around an hour before warn water would return. It did take longer than that. It's never nice to be told that you are unable to take a hot shower at any point on vacation.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no neighbors
1  Thank natys_mommy
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Verrrrrry comfortable beds, horrible view of a dilapidated restaurant. Many pros and cons to this spot, but we can't really complain as we got a great deal on wag jag and I'm sure they don't give the best rooms out to wag jag deals. The room was clean and the hotel itself is fairly central to the action so we were able to walk everywhere and save on gas and taxis. We spent very little time in the room so we were happy. Tip, if you do get a wag jag including all the 'coupons' don't fall for it. You'll spend FAR less somewhere else with no coupon, trust me

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We picked this hotel for it's proximity and indoor connections to the casino as well as the Hilton and attached restaurants. We traveled as a group and were given a (small, but something) discount as a group rate and a reduction on parking charges. The annoying thing was their reluctance to honor that same rate for a few of us who wanted to stay a second night. I get that it is a group rate, though they essentially turned down 4 rooms for the night over a small difference, to us it was principle and we opted not to accept the higher rate and spend the money elsewhere on entertainment.
Rooms are pretty straightforward, showing a bit of age, though clean and tidy with nothing of concern. Bathroom showing it's years of use but otherwise clean. Bed was comfy enough and got a great sleep.
The Cityview rooms have you looking out over a parking lot. Though the Falls Side rooms aren't too much better on the lower floors looking straight at the Casino parking garage. I imagine some of the higher floors have a better vantage point of the falls, but nothing like some of the taller hotels, or ones on the other side of the street with an unobstructed view of the Falls.
Your options for dining are plenty but the costs are outrageous being a "tourist destination" coupled with the fact so many people get vouchers that the prices practically take them into account and are marked up accordingly.
With better options only a walk away, I probably wouldn't return without a reason, though you can't argue the indoor walks to everything were quite the plus in some rainy weather.

Room Tip: Some CityView rooms put you on the Falls Side and you end up with slight view of the Falls.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear Alex D,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to honour the same rate the next night. Our rates do change constantly depending on our occupancy. I wish you and your group would have been able to enjoy another night with us but I am happy to hear that you were able find suitable accommodations.
Please do not let this isolated incident deter you from choosing our property in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Four Points Sheraton Niagara

The hotel is pretty nice.
Check in was pleasant and smooth and did not have to wait. We checked in around 4 in the afternoon.
They seem to have plenty of staff as I thought the AC unit was on and couldn't turn it off so I had rang Guest Services and a maintenance man came up right away.

The bed is comfortable, the pillows were a bit too puffy for me but the comforter was great.
The room was clean and warm and welcoming. We had city view but it was facing a parking lot across from the hotel.
Our room came with two queens, plenty of towels. However, no mini fridge, so if you want to bring your own beverages, you should bring in your own cooler. There is an ice bucket but you have to get ice then. There were two bottles of water in the room that is complimentary, no charge. There is wifi at the hotel and it is free, and you don't have to keep reconnecting if your phone goes to sleep.

There is a Starbucks, iHop and I think a few other restaurants at the lobby level of the hotel. It is right next to the Hilton and very close to the casino.

There is parking for guests but is additional $10 and the lot is across from the hotel.

I would definitely go back.
We never got to use the swimming pool as we were there for only a night and had to leave the next day.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Asian S,
Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. I am pleased to hear that overall you had a wonderful time while you were our guest. We have very dedicated team members who work to ensure that every guest enjoys every aspect of their stay.
I apologize at this time we do not offer mini-fridges in our guest rooms, we have them available to be sent up to guests rooms for a nominal fee.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed four nights. Had booked a king/double two bedroom suite and it was by far the smallest suite I've ever been in. I wasn't expecting a lot because the price wasn't much but was surprised at the front desk when we were informed parking was 15 or 25 a day extra. Many people in our group stayed elsewhere and parking and breakfast was included. The smaller bedroom had no heat and although they sent maintenance immediately, we were left a note and a space heater. I was shocked they didn't offer another room but the hotel had gotten busy by that point in our stay and we were too exhausted to move. If it was winter I would have made a fuss. We also had no remote for the tv but they resolved that quickly too. Dining choices are good but really really expensive. The only reasonable option was East Side Mario's. IHOP is insanely expensive for breakfast. We had a nice enough falls view. Also close to Casino and the Scotia Bank Center, where our event was. Front desk staff were very friendly every time we dealt with them. Rooms are dark, bathrooms tiny but clean. I've stayed at the Sheraton on the Falls and the Hilton next door and they are far superior and worth the price difference. I will say though that the beds here were very comfy and while the view isn't great in the gym, lol, it is a nice size and clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were in Niagara Falls last week for a dance competition. Our group reserved at the Four Points with a special group rate. When I called the hotel to book my reservation I was assured by their employee that I could cancel some nights if necessary since the dance schedule was not known at the time. She even encouraged me to book the four nights with the rest of the group and to cancel at anytime if necessary. Upon check-in I advised the reception desk that I did not require the fourth night. She told me that I could not, that we were bound by a contract which I never saw nor did I sign. My credit card has been charged for the four nights plus parking. This hotel`s management will not acknowledge the incorrect information that was given to us by their employee. Many other families from our group received the same treatment and were charged for unnecessary nights stay. It put a damper on what was supposed to be an exciting visit to Niagara Falls. I have never before experienced such poor customer service. I will never again stay at any Sheraton hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mph3_od
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've never had problems staying with four points before and this is even my second time staying at this location. The only thing going for the hotel is polite staff and free wifi.
No mini fridge, first hotel room we've ever been in where there wasn't one!
We went for a short walk and when we came back, someone had obviously been in our room. The blinds had been re-closed, the radio on and the one bed was turned down. I know cleaning staff were still on that floor, but our room had already been done so no need to re-enter.
Our bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, there was hair on the floor behind the door. The shower wouldn't work very well, the valve wouldn't come all the way up so there wasn't much water coming out of the shower head. The toilet wasn't flushing properly either, but maintenance came up and fixed it right away (thank you to him!)
The TV remote control wouldn't work for the PPV, couldn't scan through the movies and the channels were fuzzy.
The beds were so uncomfortable. I got maybe 3-4 hrs sleep and woke up with a sore back and shoulders. My husband couldn't sleep very well either.
No filter for the coffee maker (minor I know, but after a bad sleep you really need it!)
I couldn't wait to get out of there, we definitely won't be back!

Room Tip: Don't choose city view, unless you like looking at a parking lot
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear canadiangurl_12,
I am very disappointed to hear that your second visit to our hotel did not meet the expectations of your first visit. I apologize that you did not enjoy your time with us.
We do not offer mini-fridges in any of our guest rooms, moving forward this may be an amenity we consider adding but at this time we only have them available for rent.
I apologize for the many issues you experienced in your guest room, when issues like these occur work to correct them immediately or switch the room to a more suitable room.
I hope you will not let these isolated issues deter you from returning to our hotel.
Kind Regards,