“Way over priced for mediocre rooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Way over priced for mediocre rooms”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Booked the JR presidential suite for $199/night...... Complete waste of money. You don't get much more than a regular/standard hotel room Not worth the cost. Everything about this hotel is to rip-off their guests anyway they can. $25 per night to park your car on their property! $50 for a $12 bottle of wine! Intentionally have the fewest cable channels possible with absolutely nothing on to force you to order one of their movies for $18 each! A standard breakfast with 2 eggs, bacon and toast $18.95? Never again! They take complete advantage of their guests. Pure greed! And the staff aren't the friendliest bunch.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Olyvur,
Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment with your stay. We value all of our guest’s feedback, as we use all this information to improve on in the future. We never want our guests to feel like we rip them off, we work with every guest to ensure they leave our hotel happy with the service and accommodations they have just paid for. My apologies that we were not able to meet your expectations. Never hesitate to contact the front desk, they can work with you and find you a more suitable room.
Again, thank you for your feedback.
Dana Albano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First stay here and I would definitely go back, above average sized rooms, good location, indoor walk way to Fallsview Casino, reasonably priced, especially for Niagara Falls which tends to be pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve P,
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. It’s always great to hear back from our guests who have enjoyed their time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here on the 9th of March, got to the hotel at normal check in time, not thinking id have to stand in a line for over an hour and a half to check in.it was ridiculous. especially after driving a few hours. the staff were very friendly when i finally reached them. my room was nice, bed was comfy. Parking is 15$ but you can park at casino for free. the check in would have to be my only major complaint.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear AAM17,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you had to wait in line for so long. I am happy to hear that your stay was not ruined by the wait and that our front desk provided you with exceptional service.
I hope you will choose our hotel again in the future.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

They have a major problem with check in's here we waited over an hour. They need to come up with a better system maybe an online check in option and have a dedicated line. The front desk staff is constantly going to the back room to grab coupons and try to figure out what deal you have, I can't understand why these things are not completed before hand, absolutely no method to their madness. When checking in I had two different deals and I was advised that I would have to check back in again the following day to receive my vouchers and reset my key card even though we were in the same room. This wass absolutely ridiculous so I went down the next day to a huge line up and I just went right up to the front desk guy at the counter and told him that I already checked in the previous day and just needed my key cards reset and vouchers, he rudely motioned to the line, I told him to forget it that I wasn't lining up again and that I had already spent and hour in line yesterday. So he decided serve me, good move rather than having me making a scene and calling over the manager. When I advise him that their system was archaic and chaotic he replied well why don't you come up with something better. First of all I don't need a rude reply, you are in the hospitality industry act like it. Second of all I don't work there. Thirdly really no one can come up with a better system that is paid to do so it's such an obvious problem with many solutions I travel frequently so what are other places doing better. If you decide to stay here PARK ACROSS THE STREET AT THE CASINO if you are a PLAYERS CLUB ADVANTAGE CLUB MEMBER it's free if you gamble a bit, I have never paid, if you are not a member it's free go apply at the casino. Adios amigos!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Senior_V
Dear Senior_V,
I sincerely apologize for the amount of time you had to wait to check-in. We do have all of our packages pre-made, but at times people show up without a reservation and the front desk has to make the packages on the spot.
I understand your frustration with having to check-out and back in again, this occurs when two separate reservations are made. I apologize we cannot change this.
Please be assured we are working on ways to reduce the amount of time it takes to check-in. We will be installing three new computers to add extra staff and we have added a lobby ambassador to help manage the line. In the next couple of months we will be updating our computers so that the computer itself is faster, our check-in system is internet based and can slow down the process.
I sincerely apologize for the staff member that was rude to you, we do not accept that type of behaviour from any of our staff.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope you will visit us again in the future, once we have implemented our new strategies.
Regards,
Dana
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Late and in a middle of a Blizzard, I had to stop on my way home from flying into Buffalo. The roads were too treacherous for my family. I was greeted by a very attentive and welcoming front desk staff with a very quick check in process. Room was perfect for 3 very tired people. Room was freezing, but I adjusted the heat and within minutes the room was warm. Overall very reasonable rate and parking was free. The hotel itself was perfect. Now the bad news. There is an IHOP in the hotel and we made the mistake to have breakfast here. $76.00 for 3 people for a simple breakfast. Come on!, even the waitress had to warm me of the cost when I ordered an extra order of TOAST!.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Beachfinder66
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Beachfinder66,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family during that nasty storm and more pleased to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations!
We hope you will be able to visit our hotel again in the future, hopefully when we are experiencing warmer temperatures.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went there with the kids for march break for couple nights i was charged $25 a day for parking and $22.50 for "resort fee" for the two nights which i wasn't advised prior to check in at front desk. Too long to get into elevators, check in was long and front desk agent was not knowledgeable for his job. Not be staying again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ginger s
Dear ginger s,
I am disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable time during your March Break getaway to our hotel. We do charge $25 to self-park in our lot 1 parking lot and $15 to self-park in our lot 2 parking lot. I apologize that you were not aware of these charges prior to your arrival.
We do not charge any resort fee so I am a little confused as to the additional charge you are talking about. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this charge.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Have a great day!
Dana
Oshawa
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Got the booking on Expedia. Great value but the should be more forthcoming with the parking prices.
Had a couple problems with the keys not working so they took the parking charges off.
Also had check out past 4 and had to wait. It was March Break!!
Very clean rooms and very comfy bed. Bar fridges would be a plus so one doesn't have to drag a cooler around.
Hallway got a little noisy from the kids in the morning.

Room Tip: Had a corner room. Very spacious. with jacuzzi tub.