“Winter getaway for a bday”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend, we really enjoyed our stay. I was a bit worried as I had heard mixed reviews about purchasing deals (teambuy) for hotels and that the hotel had a hot water issue; in addition the inattentive staff, however we are glad we didn't listen to anyone and experienced the hotel ourselves. I had called the manager in advance and addressed our concerns, he returned my call in a short two hours! I was impressed. We are from Toronto and live in a condo we really prefer a higher floor, Joe the manager made sure our request was met, I guess since I addressed it was my boyfriends bday he also gave us a fallsview room!! Bonus! What a nice surprise thank you Joe! Although it's a distant view of the falls from this hotel the view of the casino/fireworks is amazing!! Ruth Chris was amazing you must eat here! Yes it's pricey but well worth it. If your around for more than a night I suggest going to Coppacabana that's by far my favorite place to eat in the falls!
The rooms were nice, I'm a clean freak so I noticed some dust in the closet on the ceramic, I'm particular tho others may not notice as I would. The pillows are the same as We have at home so made our stay that much more pleasant, the bedding was comfy the mattress isn't bad about an 7/10 depends all on what your use too & we have a great bed at home kinda hard to top it LOL The room was complete just a suggestion is to provide 2 bottles of water per room which is more appropriate than the one bottle they generally leave you.
The staff was great we asked for 1pm check out no problem, we checked out at 12:20 but it's nice not to feel rushed.
Did I mention this hotel connects to the casino through a walkway!! Wonderful, oh and Starbucks for morning coffee run! My fav but timmies is not all that far if that's more your flavor
There's a good little breakfast place adjacent to the hotel 6.99 buffet was great after we check our on Sunday
Overall the price location and experience I say this is a great place to stay! We will be back :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,916)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here Jan. 26-27, 2014 as part of a WagJag.

The room is very spacious (2 Queen City view). Had the 16th floor, so the view was pretty good, even if it wasn't the Falls. Room was clean.

The bathroom was nice as well. I liked that the shampoo, conditioner and body gel were in dispensers attached to the wall. The power in the bathroom did go out at night, but I was too tired to investigate. The next morning I checked the fuse box in the room and got the power back.
Shower was very nice, the water had a nice diameter and dispersal, and no issues with the hot water.

One of the Queen beds was very uncomfortable (caved in a bit, tilted towards the headboard), but we slept in the other, which was fine. Didn't hear much noise (probably because it was a Sunday night), except in the morning we heard the shower next door, nothing major.

Will definitely consider visiting again!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Booked in on December 2013. Booked thru travelzoo package for $85/night which was a great deal. Got some vouchers for food and a $25 Casino Voucher which was great. The hotel is perfect location and is connected to the casino and mall walkway no need to go outside. The stay was amazing! Excellent front desk staff customer service was very high and friendly. We booked the cityview which we know was a bad view didn't get falls view but were hardly in hotel room anyways. The room we stayed was a 2 double bed room. Very spacious and clean. Nice décor and nice washroom space. Would definitely come back to stay again. The house keeping staff were very friendly and helpful. I am very impressed with the staff it made my stay even more enjoyable. Thank-you Four Points Sheraton!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room away from elevators and ice machine!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear TravellerJToronto,
Thank you so much for the 5 out of 5 rating! We are truly appreciate you taking the time out to recognize our hard working staff at the hotel. We strive to provide exceptional customer service to every guest that walks through the door.
Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Last minute weekend get away, so we booked full rate for a corner room with a Jacuzzi. My first Sheraton Hotel experience, and it was definately memorable.

Jacuzzi is great for 2. The view to the casino is beautfiul, and you can kinda see the ferris wheel as well; loved it. Thought the amentity wasn't that nice quality, but its not big deal. Just really don't like being that close to the vending mahine, ice machine, and elevator. You can hear every "ding" from the elevator, every ice that drops out of the machine, and every pop purchased in your room. Called for a room change, but was declined; they said the hotel is sold out. Gave me a room rate discount.

Only 2 sets of lights worked. After dinner, still no one came to fix it.

Unfortunately, I had really bad neighbours next to me that was fighting in the wee hours in the morning. So hot tub romantic moments were disturbed by the screaming disputes from next door. This is where the night team at the front desk shinned. They came, and stopped the arguements so that we can finally sleep at 3am. Understanding the romantic stay is now ruined, they tried to compensate the room rate for us.

I would love it if self parking wasn't across the street, just because I am lazy. But if you have lots of move, or children with you, get that done first.

Ruth Chris is awesome. Steak was prepared 100% on point. Service was "so-so" at best.

I had a great time at the falls. We laughed at all the events, but really, the front desk did do a great job at trying to make it better for us. Thanks!

Room Tip: Unless you really want to use a Jacuzzi, I won't bother with the $$$ you have to pay for it. It...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YourMuse
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear YourMuse,
Thank you for recognizing the front desk staff, they work extremely hard to ensure that every guest leaves our hotel 100% happy. I am happy to hear that they were able to provide you with service that you felt was fair in dealing with the issue that arose.
Please think of our hotel the next time your travels include Niagara Falls.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

staff at the hotel were very friendly the access to falls view casino was great for the show the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable housekeeping came by to see if we wanted turndown service would recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Moira H,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property!
We are proud to be able to offer guests the enclosed walkway over to the Casino, I am sure that many people took advantage of this perk. It has been a very cold winter!
Have a great day,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stay here every January to attend an event at the casino. We choose this property because of the walkway to the casino from the hotel and it is a Starwood property. This stay was not good from check in to check out. We were unable to get the king bed we requested, the bed skirt on ours was coffee stained, the fire alarm went off around midnight and we were evacuated to the freezing cold, no hot water in the showers the next day, uncontrolled guests parting until 4:45 am, no water pressure, empty shampoo/conditioner dispensers ....need I go on?

The vouchers for Ruth's Chris make you feel like you are getting a great room rate only you are better off steering clear of this restaurant. Again, our repeat January visit here as well and it was equally bad as the first attempt. (See original review of this last year). We made on line reservations and requested on the reservation to be seated closer to the front as the back dining area tends to run cold and is loud. When seated I had asked about our request, I was told the requests don't transfer over from the computer...then why have them? The hostess seated us and then never returned to tell us if we could change seats. The waiter had to go up front to inquire and we were finally moved. We have been to other Ruth's Chris and had great experiences as you would expect from a high end steak house. The food here is over priced and the atmosphere is horrible. The only positive was that our waitstaff once reseated was excellent. This will be our last visit to this RC. The Keg up the street is a better overall experience with great steak.

It does no good to stay at a Starwood property if you are not treated as a valued guest even at the Gold level. We may forgo the SPG benefits next trip and try either the Hilton (also attached to the casino) or return to the Embassy Suites. I had once thought this Four points was a good value hotel.

Dear SPGtravelers,
I am disappointed to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. Please be assured that we strive to maintain the highest quality of customer service. I apologize that your experience has not been an example of this.
Thank you for bringing to my attention the lack of cleanliness in your guest room, this will be addressed with the director of housekeeping.
Your comments are important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests leave our hotel 100% satisfied. Thank you again for your feedback and our apologies again for any inconvenience and upset you have experienced from the time with us.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This Sheraton has great beds and it is clean. We had been visiting the vineyards on our way to Niagara Falls. The Cabernet Franc ice wine at Trius is highly recommended and don't miss Frog Pond which has organic wine. Then we went to Queenslanding for lunch. So when we got to the Sheraton we were relaxed and not very hungry. To our surprise they had a great special in the bar. Taste two wines for $5 and have complimentary appetizers. Wow, that was just perfect.

The next morning we had breakfast in the dining room for about $20 each and it was worth every penny. The dining room has view of both the American as well as the Canadian Falls and make sure to get a seat next to the window! They have an excellent buffet with eggs, omlettes, fruit, bacon, sausage, hash browns, you will not leave hungry.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends