“excellent hotel with indoor convenience”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“excellent hotel with indoor convenience”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Excellent hotel with indoor convenience linked to the casino. The checking in was a little challenging and the rooms were not ready even after check in time. At the end everything worked out okay. Had excellent time and very clean environment. Sleep time was perfect with very nice mattress. Utilized the gym and the swimming pool, tv did not work at the exercise machine otherwise no problem. Definitely would recommend and would go again.

Room Tip: rooms facing the falls would be the best choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed one night with a coupon from Jaunt in a King Jacuzzi room, 10th floor, in the new tower. The room was very clean, bright, modern and a fair size. The bed and pillows were the most comfortable I have ever used, and I have stayed in a lot of hotels. Sleep quality was a perfect 10 in this hotel. The location is not bad, a 10 minute walk to the Falls, there are different attractions all within the area, and there is an indoor skywalk to the Casino. There were convenient restaurants within the hotel such as Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, East Side Mario's, and IHOP, but extremely over priced. We walked to the Keg and used our Jaunt coupon, and even still it was so expensive. There are so many choices of restaurants around the area and within a few minutes walk. A 15 minute car ride will get you to a fabulous outlet mall!! The only negative that I can think of was the lounge area wasn't that inviting and the sink in our washroom was clogged and didn't drain well.. minor issues. Check in was a breeze and for check out they just emailed me my final bill. Parking is across the street for 12 dollars and they will just add it to your bill. Relaxing and fun, would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the new building!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in January 2013. View overlooked parking lot but not a problem as we booked a cityview. Close and easy access to Fallsview casino. One critique is that the jacuzzi was next to the bed and I'm used to having a jacuzzi in the bathroom. More of a preference/aesthetics thing. One criticism about the website is that I tried booking two different packages from their website but the dates that the package says it's available weren't; as an example, the SPG package for this hotel is supposed to run from January to March 31, Thursday to Sunday but yet the package can't be booked for any date in February or March and the dates in January don't even cover Friday and Saturday. As the packages are a draw (since this hotel is far from Clifton Hill) I'd more than likely book closer to Clifton Hill if a package is not available. Check in/out was fast and efficient. Staff that I dealt with were pleasant. IHOP breakfast was excellent but terribly overpriced - $49.36 including tax for 2 people - eggs and ham and coffee - nothing else. Would not pay to eat at IHOP unless part of a package/promotion due to cost. Indoor walkway was a great addition. Would stay here again if I got a decent rate but due to lack of attractions other than casino and lack of decently priced food options I would not choose this location if the rates were comparable to hotels closer to Clifton Hill. Overall, a good stay.

2 Thank Travel_Snob1974
Toronto
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The first time i stayed at this hotel, they treated us so well. This time I asked for early check in, as we were coming from Embassy Suites the night before and the front desk told me that the best they could "maybe" do would be 3:00pm, instead of the 4:00pm. So we ended up going to the Us for the day to not waste our day. When we arrived at 8:30pm to check in, we were told "well you are coming very late, so what did you expect?". They put us in room 220, which was HORRIBLE! There were cracked tiles all through the floor near the tub, there were scratches on the walls, red marks that looked like they had been splattered above the bed (which is creepy) and a torn/frayed bedspread. As it was our Wedding Anniversary we had really hoped they could upgrade us or atleast give us a better room that was not ugly and damaged. The view from the room was the air conditioning vents and the top of the roof. This was not a nice room at all and very loud with the constant water sounds through the pipes and the heating units making noise all night. Then the front desk offered us the old section, and when we got to that floor it smelled like cigarette smoke, so we stayed in the original room. When we told them it smelled, they did not seem to call anyone up to that floor, so I guess they don't care if people smoke in non-smoking rooms? The next night we complained again and they moved us to a different room, in the same section, the same type of room (which is what we paid for anyway). It was the corner room, which was much larger, with the t.v being further from the bed, and the shower 1/2 the size of the other suites. The room was so clean, smelled so nice, and the condition of the room was fabulous in comparison. However, even with cranking the heat to 32 degrees, it was still so cold. I am not sure if it was because it was a corner unit or just a large room that could not heat up very quickly. We also opted to not get room service for the $5.00 card that could be redeemed for groceries at participating retailers. This is what the paper said, and then when we asked the front desk about it, they said it was for Starbucks in the Hotel only. So, when we went to get a muffin, we were told that we had to buy more than just a muffin as the voucher was for the full $5.00, and they would not let the $0.02 go. So we would have had to pay a few dollars to use the voucher, which we ended up keeping because neither my husband wanted anything else they sold. So that was a bit of false advertising. Basically, for the price we paid, we could have gone to any hotel and received the same amenities. We are thinking of going elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: They tell you that the new section is better, but ask to see the old section. t really is a prefere...
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great; room was nice, clean, excellent washroom and great design. Hotel only one of the best I've stayed in at the falls. The only thing is that our room was across from the storage room on the 4th floor and at about 4am and then again at 7am we were woken up by the storage room door closing over and over. When we asked about it nobody knew "why the storage room would be used at those hours" I don't know either?

• Stayed January 2013
fourptsmgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Bobbytr,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We regret that your stay was disturbed by the sound of the storage room door, throughout the night. We do have associates, including maintenance and housekeeping personnel, on duty 24/7 who utilize these rooms. We'll ensure our staff are more mindful of our nearby guests, especially during the late night hours.

Julie Tanos
Toronto
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the Four Point for 1 night with a group of my friends, We had booked a 2 bedroom suit and a single king room. The suit was I think on the newer side of the hotel so the layout of the washrooms and the room was better and the room itself looked nice and bright with city view. The single king room that I stayed in was all nice and everything but my city view was half blocked by the newer side of the building and the other half had the view of the parking lot across the street. But I did have an odd view of the falls, so I guess it wasn't bad.
The bathroom layout in the single room was a bit small and odd. The door was directly infront of the toilet and blocked off the tub, keep having to dodge in out between the bathroom fixtures to get around.
The rooms were ok to pleasant in cleanliness, but I did find some random hairs in the tub and the bathroom that did not belong to me, so yikes!
Another thing that was weird was the random hallways that connected the new and old part of the buildings together. I don't think guests should see where the hotel staff keep the massive bins filled with garbage or empty room service trays by the service elevator, t was all kind a strange.
Now, to the good part! The hotel's location is great! It is across the street from the Fallsvew casino and is connected by a bridge to their building and also connected to the Hilton hotel by a hallway,which is connected to bunch of restaurants. I recommend Brasa, the food and staff were great! and for your morning after hangover cure, iHop is just downstairs in the lobby!

Room Tip: If you don't care about looking in to the fallsview parking lot or having your view blocked by b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
fourptsmgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Solmaz A,

We appreciate you taking time to write a review about your stay. Upon the addition of our new tower, our hallways did become a bit more elaborate, but we're glad you were able to navigate around alright. Our hotel's location is certainly convenient, especially for those heading to the Fallsview Casino. We're delighted you had a nice weekend at our hotel!

Kind regards,

Julie Tanos
Rooms Division Manager
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I read reviews, feel totally different than most. I am definitely a 5 Star resort person when vacationing. The room was immaculate. We stayed in the newer building, corner room, jacuzzi, city view and we were super impressed. The hotel has access to many restaurants and casino and you don't even step outside. The Access to the falls and the Main Strip are right at your door step. The staff are professional and care. I read a review about not having curtains that close and if they looked, the curtains don't close but underneath the sheers there are Black Out Blinds, in order to sleep in. I'm not sure what's happened during the past reviews, but we would definitely recommend a stay here!

• Stayed January 2013