Niagara Falls are a truly spectacular destination, although very touristy. But when we go back, we would rather stay at a motel than Four Points by Sheraton. The only good things about this place are the shower head, the TV and the location. Everything else is between terrible and awful.
The room was dated but it was decent size. The bathroom was not particularly clean, and it was tiny. The AC was incredibly loud, and you have two options: have it loud or turn it off. The worst part about the room was the floor it was on. Unfortunately we were on the 3rd floor with the pool and the fitness center. Guests use their card keys to get into facilities, and the door slams behind them. Every time the door slams, you will jump in your bed. Obviously, the floor with such facilities is also much louder because it gets more traffic. Between the loud AC, awful mattress and constant door slamming, we didn't get much sleep. Also, the rooms don't have a safe. It's our mistake for not checking in advance, but we haven't been to a hotel recently that didn't have one. Also, you cannot get even a basic map in the hotel.
The worst part of this hotel is customer service. At check in, they had incorrect dates for our reservation. It was an "error in the system", and after some time they fixed it. Then on day 2, we got locked out of the room. Another error in the system that said we were checking out that day although we confirmed a 3 night stay at check-in. Finally, when we were checking out, the points used to book the first night were not honored. Unfortunately we didn't have another copy of the document saying points were used and they took the original the first day. Again, our mistake but we never had such a problem anywhere else. That's a lot of "errors in the system" for a 3-day stay for 2 people. But at that point we were so annoyed and had to hit the road, that we didn't want to debate any more.
The valets were actually the only nice staff members. But it costs $20 plus tax a day for parking, plus a tip when you take the car out. Parking across the street in the Fallsview Casino is $5, and you can have it comped if you have a player's card.
Random tips: 1. IHOP had regular IHOP breakfast, but it's much more expensive than its other locations. We paid $60 for two omelette breakfasts that come with pancakes, and coffee for 2.
2. Do not exchange money at the currency exchange place across the street from the hotel. Their published rate is better than the casino, but they have a very high conversion fee. The Fallsview Casino has a better rate.
Obviously, how much you like a hotel depends on your expectations and what you compare it to. If you like nice hotels and decent customer service, Four Points by Sheraton is not the place to book. The level of noise, the lack of customer service, and errors in the system that come at a high price are just not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 Diamond AAA approved property is located in the heart of the Fallsview district in Niagara Falls, Canada. Minutes from the Falls and is connected to the Fallsview Casino, by an indoor glass walkway, which features gaming, concerts and shopping 24 hours a day. The hotel features Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, IHOP Restaurant, East Side Mario's and Starbucks Cafe. Other amenities offered are: valet parking, an indoor pool and whirlpool. Accommodation options are: standard, Riverview, Fallsview and luxurious Presidential rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
- Four Points By Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls
- Fallsview Plaza Niagara Falls
- Hotel Fallsview Plaza
- Fallsview Plaza Hotel