“Great location”

Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London
“Great location”
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Hotel location makes it very easy to walk to the falls and, if you like that sort of thing, Clifton Street.

Room was large but in need of some repairs. Bathroom could have been a bit cleaner.

Some rooms, but not ours, have a jacuzzi although we were told that they didn't all work (faulty parts?).

Buffet breakfast is a bonus.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank IanG001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Hebrew first
Sebewaing, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2007

My three teens and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on our first trip to see Niagara Falls. The location was great, and we could actually see the mist (not the Falls) from our hotel. I would guess the walk to be about 15 minutes by way of Clifton Hill. It's much nicer walking around Planet Hollywood, but we didn't chance it at night.
The hotel is older but clean and quiet. Beds are super comfortable (as always with Hilton chain beds). The pool is small but there were only kids swimming. We enjoyed the sauna and hot tub too. I chose this hotel for its location, hot breakfast, and free parking. We paid $112 (USD) per night and thought that was a very good price. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Close proximity to Falls.
  • Disliked — Hot tub was too hot, pool not warm enough.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tk4books
ohio
Reviewed June 6, 2007

We stayed at the hotel June 6 and 7th after a stay in Toronto on our way home.

The hotel is in a nice location close to Clifton Street and a nice walk to the falls.

We had a suite room with a king bed in one room and a queen bed in the other. The room was ok but is dated and was not as clean as we would like. The room is set up to accomodate at least 4 people but they only had towels and wash cloths for three people. I called down to the front desk and they sent some up.

This place includes a "hot breakfest" that consits of something that is supposed to be eggs and sausage but I choose not to eat them and had some cereal instead. That was very good and considering that this is free I guess I shouldn't complain.

The first day after breakfest I went to the room and they were cleaning it so I left to let them finish. I finally went back up and there was no cleaning cart around however my door was left open and when I pushed on it, it opened right up that was disturbing since we had a laptop and some cameras with us.

The bathrooms left something to be disired as well they were dirty with hair and mildew.

I think all in all if I return to Niagara Falls I would probably try the Courtyard next door.

• Liked — Good location ok price
  • Disliked — not very nice hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank sonodalove
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Front desk staff was extremely professional. Gave us a ground-level room for convenience with our preschooler. Our 4 year-old loved the hotel pool. Rooms were adequately clean. Impressive bedding for hotel rating.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Cleanliness in bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Toronto_Mom02
Marlboro, MA
Reviewed June 4, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn At the Falls for one night and were very happy. We arrived early and were able to park in the hotel's parking lot. We were able to walk down to the Maid of the Mist and it was a short park to the indoor water park across the street. The room was sufficiently large, but the way it was laid out, it made it extremely difficult to fit the roll-away cot in the room. We were especially pleased with the staff ... very friendly and helpful in getting directions. The free breakfast had lots of variety. We've stayed at 3 different hotels in the Canadian side of Niagara Falls, and this one was the best.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank jwest
Oshawa. Ontario
Reviewed May 22, 2007

My family stayed here from May 20-22, 2007. We wanted to go to the Fallsview waterpark and it is located right across the street. None of the other "attached" hotels had the type of room we were looking for and were much pricier. We booked the 2 bedroom suite, which had 1 king in the main part and a queen bed in another room with a door between. It worked very well for us.

It is not luxurious, especially the corridors, but the rooms have been renovated recently and the beds were great. Parking and a large breakfast buffet is included, making this place ideal for us. The hotel is literally only a few minutes walk from the waterpark, casino, and Clifton Hill, but is just far enough away that you don't hear the crowds. For families who want a good night's sleep and not break the bank, I would recommend the Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Internal corridors need upgrading
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank metcat1
Brampton, Ontario
Reviewed May 12, 2007

We just spend one night in Niagara Falls.

We arrived early are were allowed to park for free in the hotel parking lot - which was a bonus.

We booked a non-smoking king bed suite.

When we checked in we were given a room with a double bed.

When we called down to the front desk they were rude to us saying that there were no non-smoking king rooms and that we would have to either "deal with what we were given" or take the smoking room.

We took the kind bed with the smoking room. The room was really large - larger than expected. I agree with some of the other reviews that the rooms are dated. Our bath tub faucets didnt completly work. They also leaked.

The morning breakfast was a lot more than we expected.

The only thing about the loby area were the tropical birds in the lobby. They were messy - bird seed all over the ground - and noisy. Because of the high ceilings the sound echoed.

Overall - I would not stay in this hotel again. I would spend the extra money for an updated property.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — fixtures in the rooms
  • Stayed May 2007