Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls
CrownePlaza.com
Good 3.5/5
$53
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$78
$164
$113
$137
$117
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Pool
Sheraton on the Falls(Niagara Falls)
$122
$109
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
$313
$304
1,645 results
All reviewshampton innfree parkingfree breakfastwaterpark packagethe breakfast areamake your own waffleswater parkcasino niagarafamily suitehot breakfastwithin walking distancesmall poolyogurthot tubindoor waterparkbeds were comfortableother attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Husband and I booked a king jacuzzi suite for two nights. I asked for a view when I booked the room over the phone and was pleasantly surprised to be on the sixth floor with a view. Granted all we could see was the mist but I don't think any of the rooms could have a full view because of it's location.
Being on the sixth floor it was very quiet. I think the families must be booked on the lower levels. Some of the rooms had sliding doors juliet balconies overlooking the courtyard/breakfast/pool area. And there were rooms on the opposite side with space outside of their rooms where they were able to set up tables and chairs overlooking the c/b/p area. It reminded me of New Orleans with the wrought iron work.
The hot breakfast was a nice feature. It was constantly attended by two women each morning. There were bagels, bread, english muffins, pastries, eggs, pork sausage patties, yogurt, fruit and I'm sure more that I've forgotten. Coffee and tea were offered in the lobby at all times.
The bed was very comfortable and the linens felt clean and fresh. Housekeeping was wonderful in regards to cleaning our room and replacing our towels.
Also, parking was free which is not always the case for many of the hotels in the area. Sometimes the hotels hide that information but I can always rely on the reviews from this website to let me know.
It is located across the street from the Casino Niagara so it's up to you to decide if that's a good thing or not. We liked being that close so it was fine for us. It is also a quick 5-10 minute walk to the falls through the Secret Garden so you don't even have to bother walking past all the other tourists on the streets with all of the family attractions.
Don't forget to walk over the bridge to the New York side. It has a wonderful park with lots of places to walk to so you can get really close to the falls. There is also a trolley available for $2. You get a wristband and you can ride all day through the park with designated stops.
If you like to gamble you can visit the Seneca Casino which is about a 10-15 minute walk from the bridge on the NY side. And I couldn't believe it but you can drink for free there like Las Vegas! Don't forget to tip your waitress. There is a lot of construction going on in the area and it looks like it will be pedestrian friendly very shortly. We felt very safe walking from the casino to the bridge.
We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights at the Hampton Inn. Everyone was friendly and helpful.The room was comfortable and clean, and everything was great except for the room air conditioner which rattled a bit. Don't stay there if you are looking for a place with a swimming pool, though. The pool is very, very small and in the open foyer! I didn't like that. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Chose this particular hotel for our family vacation to Niagara Falls based on a couple of factors; reviews on line, and price of the hotel. We had a one bedroom suite during our stay with queen beds in the bedroom and in the front room.

The Positives: Extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming staff. Check in was simple, and the person at the desk was informative and friendly. The price for this property was excellent, easily the best we found in the area, and the quality and price matched nicely. The location puts you just a block or so off Clifton Hill, and a brief 5-10 minute walk to the falls. For most of our stay we left the car at the hotel. The pool area is interior in the middle of the hotel. The pool was family friendly and the water maintained at a very nice temperature. The pool area also featured an adjoining hot tub, that was slightly over heated, and a sauna, which we did not use. Outside our room was a balcony overlooking the central atrium, and quite nice. The separate room in the suite was ideal for the children to be able to go to bed, while we were able to stay up. The breakfast was solid, with a variety of options.

The negatives: The door to our room did not close. The only way to secure the door was to slam it repeatedly until the lock caught, which was a joy to our neighbors. The heating/cooling unit in the room didn’t function well.While we enjoyed the suite, the rooms were small. Because of our proximity to the center of the hotel the noise from the pool area was easily heard in the room and continued after the time when the children had gone to bed. While the room is nice, parents with young children may wish to request a room away from the pool area.

Followup: Within a couple days of returning home the hotel manager contacted us for a follow-up to our stay (in addition to usual Hilton Honors follow-up), and upon hearing of our problems contacted us to offer partial refund for our stay.
Overall: Regardless of the followup by the manager, we would recommend this property to people traveling to Niagara. The friendliness of the staff, location, price, and overall appearance of the property are positives. Despite our few problems, the response of the hotel more than made up for that. Good place for families, and families on a budget. A definite four in my rating system.
I rate hotels as follows:

5: Great experience, no issues,excellent staff, everything as advertised and promised, price and quality correspond to expectations and experience. Definite recommendation.
4: Good experience, some issues possible, safe, clean, pretty much as advertised and promised, price and quality correspond to expectations and experience. Would recommend
3: Average experience, may or may not recommend, many issues, price and quality not in line with expectations and experience.
2: Below average. unresolved issues, rude staff, disregard of guess experience, unsafe, unclean, not worth the price paid.
1: Unacceptable. Safety, security issues, poor staffing, not worth considering.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Excellent location, excellent staff, excellent rooms. You can not ask for more. Right across from the casino, free breakfast, pool and an area to meet with friends. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one and everyone!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2010

You drive up to the front, go in and check-in. Then you drive around to the rear to unload and park. This is an older hotel so no automatic doors. The pool is in the lobby so it smelled like a pool and the lobby was very loud. The courtyard where the breakfast is served is also in the lobby, so that smelled like a pool, too. We decided to go out to eat breakfast. The room was clean and the beds were clean and comfortable (typical GREAT Hampton bed). The really odd thing is the tub, the side of the tub is about 20" high (normal height is about 14") and the shower curtain was not on a curved rod. It was extremely difficult to get in and out of the shower, my husband had to help me. The customer service could have been a lot better but we were only there one night. HELPFUL hint: I read this in the Hints from Heloise column. I took that gripper shelf liner along and cut a piece about 20" long and placed it in the tub, great for preventing a slip (in other hotels where the tub has a slip proof coating I used a piece under the tub mat for when we got out of the shower it was great in preventing that towel mat from sliding).