Husband and I booked a king jacuzzi suite for two nights. I asked for a view when I booked the room over the phone and was pleasantly surprised to be on the sixth floor with a view. Granted all we could see was the mist but I don't think any of the rooms could have a full view because of it's location.
Being on the sixth floor it was very quiet. I think the families must be booked on the lower levels. Some of the rooms had sliding doors juliet balconies overlooking the courtyard/breakfast/pool area. And there were rooms on the opposite side with space outside of their rooms where they were able to set up tables and chairs overlooking the c/b/p area. It reminded me of New Orleans with the wrought iron work.
The hot breakfast was a nice feature. It was constantly attended by two women each morning. There were bagels, bread, english muffins, pastries, eggs, pork sausage patties, yogurt, fruit and I'm sure more that I've forgotten. Coffee and tea were offered in the lobby at all times.
The bed was very comfortable and the linens felt clean and fresh. Housekeeping was wonderful in regards to cleaning our room and replacing our towels.
Also, parking was free which is not always the case for many of the hotels in the area. Sometimes the hotels hide that information but I can always rely on the reviews from this website to let me know.
It is located across the street from the Casino Niagara so it's up to you to decide if that's a good thing or not. We liked being that close so it was fine for us. It is also a quick 5-10 minute walk to the falls through the Secret Garden so you don't even have to bother walking past all the other tourists on the streets with all of the family attractions.
Don't forget to walk over the bridge to the New York side. It has a wonderful park with lots of places to walk to so you can get really close to the falls. There is also a trolley available for $2. You get a wristband and you can ride all day through the park with designated stops.
If you like to gamble you can visit the Seneca Casino which is about a 10-15 minute walk from the bridge on the NY side. And I couldn't believe it but you can drink for free there like Las Vegas! Don't forget to tip your waitress. There is a lot of construction going on in the area and it looks like it will be pedestrian friendly very shortly. We felt very safe walking from the casino to the bridge.
We would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton Victoria Inn At The Falls located on the Falls Avenue Resort, is within a block of Niagara Falls and the Clifton Hill tourist district. The hotel also sits directly across from Casino Niagara and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. The Clifton Victoria Inn has long been a family favorite thanks to exceptional complimentary services and amenities, such as complimentary hot/cold breakfast buffet, 100% smoke free facilities, free wireless internet access and free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton At The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn At The Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn