“Wouldnt stay anywhere else in Niagara”

Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is my second review of this hotel and I am equally impressed as the first stay. This resort is perfect for families looking to stay close to the Clifton Hill action but far enough for a little peace and quiet.

Parking is free and plentiful. All entrances and main areas are accessible by wheelchair and stroller.

Check in/check out is painless - never any of the long line ups you encounter at the larger scale hotels in the area.

Rooms, although older, are spotless. No dust hidden dust bunnies under the bed. Beds/pillows are super comfy.

The pool area is great for kids - lots of towels, clean, well maintained.

The staff are wonderful - all pleasant and wanting to help out as much possible. When my toddler started crying in the lobby one evening one of the kitchen staff went into the kitchen to get him cookies:)

Breakfast was great like last time - lots of choices both hot and cold and restaurant quality - super convenient to not have to leave the hotel and go out with young kids.

When travelling with the family I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank justbeachin'
There are newer reviews for Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just went to Niagara Falls for a quick getaway.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and the breakfast was more than i expected.
The staff were all helpful and most accomodating. We had a very pleasant stay.
I believe we got very good value for our money and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 12,345,475
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Front desk staff answered any questions we had about attractions and directions.
The location is close to many attractions. The room was clean, beds and pillows were comfortable.
We have been to this hotel a few times and will return. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan G
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have been here a couple of times for my daughters birthday which just happens to be over March break. Great room with King bed and jetted tub. We try to get the corner room which faces Lundy's Lane and we see everything. The pool is small but seems to work. Their HOT breakfast is more than any other hotel I have seen offer. You want it , they got it. The Falls View water park is just across the street. No hidden fees like parking like some of the other Hotels seem to spring on you. Love it Here daughter wants to know when we will be back !!

Room Tip: We prefer the corner King that faces the falls you can see most of the city
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank makingendsmeet
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfortable. Checkin was easy. Front desk staff answered any questions we had about local attractions. When I left my phone charge cord in the room, the staff set it aside so I could pick it up at my conscience. When we went to leave, my truck battery was dead. The Hampton staff searched around and found some cables to give me a boost which saved me money and time.
Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank eauclairecathy51
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in Niagara on business the first week of january 2013, and the arrangements for my stay included a couple of nights in 'a' Hampton Inn, unaware that there were actually two in the immediate area, and as luck would have it, my taxi driver took me to the wrong one, and obviously they had no reservation for me, as I realized the mistake, as well as a substantially higher room rate then the other name sake hotel.
I explained that I had to change my reservations online, and asked to either use the business center, or hotel wifi which required a password. The front desk clerk refused to offer me a password, and pointed to a public computer in front of the desk that had an 'out of order' sign posted on it. so, that was it.....no way to get online.
I was tired, and realized that it would nearly cost as much money to get yet another cab to the correct Hampton hotel, as it would to simply pay the extra $49.00 and stay nearer to the center of town.
I asked for and got a quiet room away from the noise of the large open atrium and indoor pool full of screaming kids.
I have been a Hampton fan for years, mostly due to the cleanliness of the chain's hotels overall, and this one did not dissapoint in this respect. My room was large and well appointed, as well as clean, it also offered a decent view of the town. It was obvious upon entering that it was meant for romantic getaways, complete with a heart shaped hot tub, gas fireplace, and king sized bed. And did I mention quiet and clean?

I always check the corners, the out of the way places that are most often missed by the hotel staff when cleaning, I also check for evidence of bed bugs or other unwanted critters, etc, and my room came out with high marks after my short inspection.

One of the benefits of staying at Hamptons are the breatkfast's that include more then a few muffins in a basket. So, the breakfast was as good, as expected, but very busy and noisy. (it is in the grand atrium which includes the pool and other public areas) The dining area was clean, and the attendant was busy cleaning and restocking the entire time I was eating.

Over all, my stay was ok, not impressed with the initial attitude of one of the front desk clerk's, but I understand that dealing with the public at very busy times can be overwhelming and unrewarding at times. It didn't ruin my stay. but it did give me a rather unimpressive first impression.
I would say that this would be a great hotel for family's that prefer to stay downtown, in the center of things. but for business or solo travel, i will look for a quieter local.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the atrium, and with all of the noise that echos in the pool area, this mi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KSWilson24
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My kids still rave about this hotel. The waterpark especially. Special check in just for kids? How cool is that! Practical location with bus to the Falls right outside the hotel. The hotel was clean, modern and most of all ... Fun! We highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family