New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls

Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls
Ranked #20 of 135 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London, Ontario
“Great service from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rooms were clean, beds and pillows were comfortable. Checkin was easy. Front desk staff answered any questions we had about local attractions. When I left my phone charge cord in the room, the staff set it aside so I could pick it up at my conscience. When we went to leave, my truck battery was dead. The Hampton staff searched around and found some cables to give me a boost which saved me money and time.
Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank eauclairecathy51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Hebrew first
Rising Sun, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in Niagara on business the first week of january 2013, and the arrangements for my stay included a couple of nights in 'a' Hampton Inn, unaware that there were actually two in the immediate area, and as luck would have it, my taxi driver took me to the wrong one, and obviously they had no reservation for me, as I realized the mistake, as well as a substantially higher room rate then the other name sake hotel.
I explained that I had to change my reservations online, and asked to either use the business center, or hotel wifi which required a password. The front desk clerk refused to offer me a password, and pointed to a public computer in front of the desk that had an 'out of order' sign posted on it. so, that was it.....no way to get online.
I was tired, and realized that it would nearly cost as much money to get yet another cab to the correct Hampton hotel, as it would to simply pay the extra $49.00 and stay nearer to the center of town.
I asked for and got a quiet room away from the noise of the large open atrium and indoor pool full of screaming kids.
I have been a Hampton fan for years, mostly due to the cleanliness of the chain's hotels overall, and this one did not dissapoint in this respect. My room was large and well appointed, as well as clean, it also offered a decent view of the town. It was obvious upon entering that it was meant for romantic getaways, complete with a heart shaped hot tub, gas fireplace, and king sized bed. And did I mention quiet and clean?

I always check the corners, the out of the way places that are most often missed by the hotel staff when cleaning, I also check for evidence of bed bugs or other unwanted critters, etc, and my room came out with high marks after my short inspection.

One of the benefits of staying at Hamptons are the breatkfast's that include more then a few muffins in a basket. So, the breakfast was as good, as expected, but very busy and noisy. (it is in the grand atrium which includes the pool and other public areas) The dining area was clean, and the attendant was busy cleaning and restocking the entire time I was eating.

Over all, my stay was ok, not impressed with the initial attitude of one of the front desk clerk's, but I understand that dealing with the public at very busy times can be overwhelming and unrewarding at times. It didn't ruin my stay. but it did give me a rather unimpressive first impression.
I would say that this would be a great hotel for family's that prefer to stay downtown, in the center of things. but for business or solo travel, i will look for a quieter local.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the atrium, and with all of the noise that echos in the pool area, this mi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KSWilson24
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My kids still rave about this hotel. The waterpark especially. Special check in just for kids? How cool is that! Practical location with bus to the Falls right outside the hotel. The hotel was clean, modern and most of all ... Fun! We highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AmyS1975
Brampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just returned from our night at the Hampton Inn in Niagara. we bought the water park deal that included tickets for the water park, for the Danny zzz show and for the various games at adventure city. It was an amazing deal! We went to the water park both days (the kids ages 4&7) had a blast! we also did the Dannyzz show. It was a great, kid friendly show! I have to say it was better than expected. My husband and I were in stitches laughing so hard! We also did the mini golf (which was also a hit with the kids) the swat team cars and the fun house. The latter two were a bit "cheesy" but the kids enjoyed it so we took it for what it was and had fun! Tip to remember that the tickets they give you can interchange with the other "rides" so even if it says fun house you can use it for mini golf or whatever you choose. They don't really tell you that but good to remember! As for the Hampton inn it was great! I love the Hampton inns anyway. The room was clean and even though we arrived early our room was ready for us! The hotel was only a two minute walk across the street to the water park and the parking is FREE. The Hampton Inn also does an amazing breakfast and it is included in your stay. Everything from Waffles to yogurt, fruit to bagels! Highly recommend the waffles! The pool looked nice but didn't go in, after all we had water park passes! If you plan on doing a package, go early and make good use of everything that they offer! Have fun and enjoy it like the kids.. you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: 428 had a nice view of Clifton Hill, could see the Ferris wheel from the window!
1 Thank PeanutsMum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

It's a great hotel directly across from the casino, fallsview wayerpark, adventure city, build-a-bear, nightmares - well- everything. Their breakfast buffet is fabulous, the staff is always friendly, always helpful- and they know the area well. The rooms are clean and pretty modern, and they have great deals with the local restaurant perkins- all in all a great alternative to the overpriced hotels across the street!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Noop71
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Booked this on the phone through the reservation hotline. Very friendly and booked very quickly.
Arrived at the hotel was able to check in, park the car and get to the waterpark within 15 min. The rooms were standard but clean and had flat screen TV's. The pool was nice and plenty of towels were available. also the hot tub. The breakfast had tons of options, waffles, toast bagels, cereal, coffee, fruit, omelets, sausage coffee, juice, milk. The free parking was bonus as well. It is a great location and is one block from clifton hill, 10 min to the US falls and 20 min to the Horseshoe falls. Overall no complaints and this hotel i would rate as a solid 3+ hotel and will definately recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can get a city view room it would be a little quieter.
2 Thank LondonKernel
Lincoln, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We enjoyed our package stay immensely. Our children raved about Danny Z and all the attractions they were able to experience. Our youngest said that his favourite part of today was making and eating a waffle.
I will mention that it seemed that the front desk staff seemed exhausted when we arrived and were not as friendly as expected as a result. Maybe they needed a break.
We were happy to be able to benefit from the creative package put together for families and would consider it again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying on the perimeter of the hotel away from the inner courtyard.
1 Thank KristelN123