“Nice Hotel<Be aware of Taxes and fees per night”

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #73 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Decent hotel, rooms are very nice and clean in the MAIN building.
We were first assigned to a room in the older part of the hotel, room was clean
but very creepy in that section. Only a few other people were staying in that whole
other wing of the hotel, so we asked to be moved into the main building the next day. The young lady and young gentleman at the desk were very nice and had us moved. This hotel is a short drive to everything. PLEASE be advised the rate you are quoted is without taxes and fees, and parking fees. With the addition of these ,your quoted rate will be around $28-$30 more EACH night. If you have never visited in the Niagara area before, dining is VERY expensive . A simple breakfast for 2 at IHOP was $40. Niagara Falls is a beautiful place to visit, and everyone is extremely nice, just be advised that you will spend a good amount of money.
nice

2  Thank dszmit
RamadaPlaza_10, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review Dszmit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the hotel rooms! They are very spacious and comfortable rooms with great amenities! I am also happy to hear that our front desk staff could be very accommodating in your room change as we want every guest to be 100% happy during their stay! The price quoted for the room is before taxes and fees. It is very rare you will see a price in Ontario that includes tax. Also, we like to keep our fees separate from the room rate so that way our guests know exactly what they are paying for. We have a $12 parking fee and a $4.99 facility fee. I am glad that you found Niagara Falls to be such a beautiful place and I hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada for two days for my sister’s birthday. We had read the reviews and was very scare that some of the bad reviews were true but we received a nice king bed room in the main building. We had connected rooms. We arrived on July 4, 2014 early in the afternoon before check in time at 4 pm and we could not check in because the rooms were not clean which we were ok with. The check in was fast because of the time we arrived but when we came back to get our keys to the rooms, they had a line and the check in area is very small and people were standing in long lines. While we were waiting on the rooms, we ordered from the restaurant at the hotel Don Cherry Restaurant. They had a special on the wings. The waitresses were very nice. The food was good and then we walked across the street to the outlet mall and shop until our rooms were ready. I called housekeeper for some more towels at 4:30pm, I waited until I went to sleep. When I woke up, I noticed that I still did not have towels in the room so I called housekeeper again and this time Frank answered the phone and I told him that I ordered some towels 4 hours ago and he said “you are just follow up with it” and I said yes because I was sleep all this time. Like I said the rooms were clean until I took a shower and saw spiders hanging from the vent in the ceiling. The vents had all kind of dust in the vents. I almost walk into the spider web. I love the Bed but they can disconnect the TV and put a picture on the wall in it space. They need to upgrade the clock/cd player because it was not working.
When I was leaving out for the day, I stop at the front desk and told the check in clerk about the spiders and she had the housekeeper to clean the vents. The check out was fast except for the parking fee they add to my bill after I told them before check in that I did not have a car. They also charge all those fees and we only use the hotel for sleeping and showering.

Room Tip: Please check the bathrooms for spiders and dust in the ceiling vents. if you do not have a car ple...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. It sounds like you had a great stay for your Sisters birthday! I am sorry that you experienced a wait time while waiting for the keys to your room but its good to hear that you used that wait time to order some chicken wings! Don Cherry’s has the BEST wings! And the 2 for 1 deal is great! Having the outlet mall directly across the street is an added bonus! I am sorry that you did not get the towels delivered to the room in a timely manner as that is not the standard we uphold here at the Ramada Plaza and this issue will be addressed immediately. I will also pass your comments along to the proper departments and managers as we love hearing from our guests with any suggestions they have! I’d like to personally thank you again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights with the family. Hotel was clean and good value for the money. Location was good, good shopping across street, and restaurants within walking distance. The young barista (blonde) at the Starbucks kiosk was great. Very friendly, and knew product. Not a full service Starbucks, but has what you need. Will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
RamadaPlaza_10, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for the review! I am happy to hear that you and your family had such a wonderful stay with us and that the girl at Starbucks could be of such great service! They take great pride in the work they do and always make an excellent cup of coffee! We are in an excellent location for shopping with the outlet mall directly across the street, and many different restaurants close to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon on your next trip to Niagara Falls!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a whim one weekend, booked a king jacuzzi suite. We knew it was further away from "the falls" but was ok with it. Our room was clean, modern and spacious!! Amazing bathroom with the best jacuzzi we'd been in! Super relaxing, the glass shower was clean and had no issues. Our sitting room with fridge, mini bar and fireplace, flat screen tv all was beautiful. The service from the front desk wasn't personal but wasn't rude, they were friendly and sufficient. Coupons for breakfast at Don Cherrys was enough, not spectacular but well priced and filling. Our bed was so comfortable and huge, clean linens. We had a balcony which was perfect for fresh air. All in all good value for the touristy niagara area, close enough to the falls but far enough to be relaxing. Shopping across the street. We are going back in July because of value for money and clean modern yet comfy rooms!! Looking forward to it!!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank kristanbill

I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay in our Jacuzzi suite Kristan! They are beautiful rooms! The glass showers are an amazing addition to an already spectacular room and we always receive wonderful compliments on the beds! They are extremely comfortable and luxurious! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at Don Cherry’s. They have excellent food and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful ensuring all guests have the best stay possible! We look forward to welcoming you back this month and again, thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June 2014 for a wedding. I did not spend much time on hotel property, but the room was clean and of fair size. I only had 1 interaction with the Ramada staff, and that was at check-in. The check-in was horrible. A robot could have done a better job (and probably faster). The gentleman made NO effort to personalize the experience. Considering the check-in took 10-minutes (not sure what takes so long to swipe CC and make keys..), you would think the agent would make some effort to personalize the experience. Maybe ask why I am in town, explain the amenities, try and upgrade, offer direction. NOTHING. Will definite not return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
RamadaPlaza_10, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and I do apologize for the poor service that you received. This is not the quality of our hotel that we have promised to provide and I assure you that this has been passed on to the right department to be looked after. There is no excuse that our staff did not meet your standards. We would like the opportunity to show you the standard we uphold so please contact the General Manager, Alan, at a.mccauley@ramadaplazaniagara.com to book your next stay. And again, I would like to sincerely apologize for the poor service your experienced during your stay. Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I attended an event in June and the hotel was very accommodating and helpful. Always wearing a smile and going above and beyond what a typical hotel would do for guests. Granted the hotel was not close to the falls but with the WEGO pass it was fantastic. The stop was right out side the door and drop off was the same. So convenient and less hassle driving the car around Niagara when it's so busy. The bed was so comfortable it was hard to get up in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel for guests and an added feature is the hotel has two indoor pools and one outdoor AND right across the street are plenty of stores for shopping.

3  Thank Bilt4lvn

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am ecstatic that you had such a wonderful time at our hotel for this event and that our staff went above and beyond for your stay. We pride ourselves on the excellent customer service we provide, ensuring that all guests have the perfect stay. The WeGo bus is a great alternative to driving because it saves you from having to find/pay for parking and having the bus stop right outside our front door is an added bonus. We receive many compliments on our suite rooms and especially the comfort of the beds! They make it next to impossible to want to get out of bed in the morning. I would like to thank you again for the review and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

As an attendee of the Best BBW Bash at the Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls in June 2014, I was so impressed with the service provided by the Ramada Plaza. The two-room suites in the tower were great! The housekeeping service was really attentive and made sure we had all the items we needed. The front desk staff were friendly and the two staff members specific to our group were always available and making sure our stay was enjoyable. The on-site restaurant had excellent service and food items.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower suites if possible, I've heard the rooms are nicer.
3  Thank Karen A

I am thrilled to hear that you had such an excellent time at the Best BBW Bash Karen, we loved hosting the event!! I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel, found the service to be top notch and that housekeeping could be of such great service, ensuring that you had everything you needed throughout the weekend. Our on-site Don Cherry’s has excellent food and the staff always go above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests have a perfect stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!