“Beware they will Overcharge your credit card” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #51 of 135 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Beware they will Overcharge your credit card”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was the first time i stayed at Ramada hotel and definitely would be the last time.They charged my credit card four times for one night stay. Obviously i disputed the charge with my credit card company Amex. It took 4 months for Ramada hotel to reply back to Amex that there was an item missing from the room so they charged me for that. I asked for one king bed but they were fully booked for the labor day weekend so they gave me a 2 queen bed.I stayed in the room for just 6 hours and i stayed there all by myself and i am 100% sure that i left the room the way it was, i didnt even touch the other queen bed. Well the hotel had my information why didnt they call me , why did they come up with that lame excuse that an item was missing after 4 months.I have stayed at so many hotels but have never been treated this way.

Room Tip: Don't visit this hotel and if you do , read your credit card bill carefully coz they will put un...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Manavdeep W
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments.
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive guest experience. However, it is hotel policy to charge for missing guest room items should they be missing upon a guests departure. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and we will be delighted to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I were very disappointed with our stay this time at this hotel. Our room faced the QEW. The traffic zooming sound was unbearable. It felt like we were sleeping at the airport with our windows open. It was extremely loud. At 1am, I called the front desk and asked if they had ear- plugs...they didn't. At 4am, I called again. I was very tired and upset and asked for this incident to put on record. The gentleman says they can't control what traffic goes on the highway. I told him that they should not be renting this room. In the morning, when I spoke with the manager, she said that no one else had ever complained before. I find this very hard to believe. She was very apologetic. She knew that our trip was ruined. She said that I could have asked to be moved. Too bad I didn't think of it at 4in the morning...and they didn't offer....I left feeling very upset and tired and angry. And to make matters worse, THERE WAS NO HOT WATER.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pearl051
Thank you for your comments.
We apologize for what transpired during your stay with us. We have looked into your issue in order to ensure that it does not re occur again. Should you wish to further discuss this matter please contact the hotel directly and we will be delighted to assist you.
Thank you.
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Watch your bills, in fact on check out I suggest you inspect the room with hotel staff before leaving! I was over charged for "extra cleaning" and I left my room cleaner than I found it. By giving hotels your credit card number you give them carte blanche to charge whatever they see fit and The Ramada Plaza Niagara did just that. They won't even let me speak to management to discuss the charges.

Terrible customer service. Watch your statements.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pat A
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Please note if there is an outstanding charge on your bill please contact the hotel directly and request to speak with a manager so we may further explain the additional charges on your credit card. We do have additional cleaning fees for guests who violate our no smoking policy or cause property damage to tthe guest room.
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I purchased two days at this hotel from Dealfind and were very pleased and surprised at the size and condition of the rooms. Checking in was excellent and we were given a room on the sixth floor. We couldn't believe the size of this room as it gave us lots of room to move around. It was the Grey Cup weekend and having two rooms with two large screen TV's to view the game was a plus for us. Don Cherry's Grill was very reasonable priced and the food was excellent. The Hotel is right across the street from an Outlet Mall and that I assure you turns on women especially my wife of 40 years.
We enjoyed our stay and would definitely book again.

Room Tip: The tower rooms attached to the Restaurant is the place to stay in. Noise from the highway is lesse...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rjgodin
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to have another enjoyable stay in one of our luxurious suites!