“Not a pleasant experience”

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #66 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Greeley, Colorado
“Not a pleasant experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Overall this hotel was dirty and myself and other guests had a variety of problems. I don't think the lobby area or elevators were vacuumed the entire week I was there because the same trash lay unmoved the entire time. On top of the poor condition of the hotel, a $10 per day parking fee was added after I had made my reservation. I was not informed of this change until I arrived. There is no need for a parking fee at this hotel as there is no valet service or parking facility, just a standard parking lot with plenty of spaces. Not good service from this hotel and I warn people to make your reservations elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your response. I would like to apologize for what transpired during your stay. The hotel was in the process of major lobby and floor renovations, we do apologize for the poor appearance at that time. We have also addressed your issues with our Executive Housekeeper in order to ensure that they do not occur again. Parking is fully disclosed on our website as well as all third party websites and is a non negotiable fee. The Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls is undergoing many improvements in order to better serve our guests. We hope to welcome you back to ensure a positive guest experience in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is out of date but in general clean and comfortable with the renovated suites. Location is not walkable distance to the falls but with the shuttle stopped right at the door, it makes commuting in the area very convenient without the parking hassle. Accommodation cost is affordable with the groupon deal. The Hops place for breakfast is convenient located inside the hotel, their portions are big but not in a very economic price even with coupon. In general, it will be a good choice to stay if want to do a mini getaway to Niagara Falls, and to save up some bucks for meals and other attraction costs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. Since your stay with us we have undergone major lobby renovations. We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that you may experience our newly renovated modern look. We look forward to hearing from you.
Goldens Bridge, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I ventured to Niagara Falls, Canada for a hobby get-together of over 100 attendees. When I called to make a reservation it took five calls made at all times of the day and night to get it done. Twice I was put on hold for twenty minutes before I hung up, another time I was forwarded to a busy number, another call was disconnected. Finally on my fifth attempt, when I was again asked to hold, I said "no way" and instructed the operator to have someone in reservations call me, which they finally did an hour later. That was just the start of what this hotel is all about, and if it were not for my attending a meeting there, it would have been the end of my involvement with this hotel.

My room, an end of floor suite, was nice, comfortable and well appointed with a bathroom that could have accomodated a rollaway bed, and had an awesome shower. Others staying in regular rooms were not impressed, with some unattractive, dark and small.

The hotel, however was not up to my room standard in many ways. Both elevators had carpeting that was frayed and several folks nearly tripped on the edge when coming and going. It was mentioned in another review weeks prior, but was never attended to,even with a simple strip of tape.

Another review mentioned "watch the hidden charges," and boy, was that the case for our group. Despite a contract rate negotiated well in advance, the hotel insisted on charging a parking charge of ten dollars a night, which was introduced after the contract was signed, and was claimed to be an "incidental charge" despite there being no garage, no valet and no visible security in the lot during the five days I was there. The hotel also charges a "resort fee" of another $4 a night when they can, but we were immune to that one due to our contract. And there's more. Niagara Falls hotelliers have been charging a " regional promotional fee" this is strictly voluntary, but you'll never know that even if you inquire. It is not a tax, although appears as such, and is not mandatory that you pay it, but good luck with that. We were successful, but after much effort and homework to prove our case.

Service was uneven. One day our room was made up, except for the bathroom, which was left untouched. Food and garbage from an event was still in the meeting room the next day.

The on-premise restaurant leaves much to be desired. Breakfast buffet was over-priced and awful, served up on a pool table. There are several great breakfast places just down the street including an i-Hop. On another visit we walked out after an extended wait. As a sports bar, it is great, with many beer choices on tap, but falls short otherwise.
A very good banquet meal was served up for our group, however, whether from the same kitchen or not, I don't know.

By now you will get the idea that I will not be back to this location, nor I suspect will the group return. The Ramada Plaza is actually in a good location, but it is not good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We thank you for your response and apologize for what transpired. The contract has been fully disclosed with this guests group, however their group leader did not disclose all of the appropriate information with the guests. We do not have any hidden fees. The parking and facility fee are clearly disclosed on our website as well as all third party websites. These fees are non-negotiable. We have taken your comments into consideration and have had them addressed with the appropriate department heads. We have currently finished our major lobby renovations and rectified all of the engineering issues. The Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls takes great pride in our customer service and providing a positive guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
MISSISSAUGA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

can you add extra coffee in the room and maybe you can add at least a continental breakfast like other hotels

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for the positive response. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have ensured to address your suggestion with our Director of Operations. We look forward to having you stayw ith us in the near future.