1) Room was not ready by 3:30 and wanted to charge us extra 15$ for upgrade. We refused and went shopping at the outlets right across the street instead.
2) The king suite we had booked for (78$ for two nights) was facing the street so way too much traffic noise and after an hour and a half or so decided to call and have us change our room. After at least 50 rings, they finally answered and changed us room (downgraded to a queen standard room however). Room was recently renovated and we had fridge & microwave. Not as big flatscreen TV but that was fine since the room itself was much smaller.
3) The 10$ parking fee was never mentionned to us prior to our arrival, so we said that we would not park nor pay, but parked and were NOT charged. No one checks, it's a catch. It is not like they are in downtown Niagara or anything so DO NOT put your initials anywhere and you will not be charged. We were happy we did that.
4) Front desk service is atrociously ridicule. They are not curteous, do not smile and are certainly not helpful. I hope they realize that people ARE trying to have a well-earned vacation break-time away from home. A smile would be appreciated.
5) Beware...The Skylon Tower voucher they give you is only if you eat at the à la carte restaurant (NOT BUFFET) and have 2 entrees, 2 main meals AND a desert. And this voucher obviously is NOT valid for early seating reservations. So expect to dish out muchos dineros...
All in all would I recommend, probably not, but for the price we paid I cannot be too fussy. I did enjoy very much my wine tours & tastings during the wine festival at Niagara on the Lake. So this was just a sleeping shelter and nothing more and their beds were comfortable so fine for this getaway trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls Hotel offers spacious, comfortable accommodations in Niagara Falls. Located directly across from Outlet Mall. This newly renovated hotel in Niagara Falls features contemporary styling, pillow-top beds and modern amenities. Our comfortable deluxe rooms with two queen and two room king suites are the perfect place to relax after a long day of sightseeing, shopping or meetings in Niagara Falls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls