“Nice room, not impressed with the rest.”

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #75 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed for one night in June 2012. I booked through Orbitz and got a great rate on such a big room - king suite with couch and french doors separating the bedroom and "sitting" room. However, my reservation was made for a room with a balcony which they did not provide, and also charged $10 for parking when Orbitz said it was free. The staff blamed Orbitz for both of these false promises and apologized which I suppose is fine, not a huge deal, but did not cut us a break either way. When we asked for a late checkout, the red-haired girl at the desk was somewhat snotty and didn't even make the note correctly on our room, so we got a phone call from the front desk at noon when I had already arranged the 1pm late checkout the night before. The rest of the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had a very comfortable bed. The a/c worked great. The TV channels were a little weird though, and only about 15 stations come through. There are some attractions in the area but if you want to visit Clifton Hill and the Falls, you're probably better off staying somewhere closer. It would have been quite a walk. Overall I would stay here again because of the quality of the room but I would recommend they get these problems with Orbitz and their cable fixed.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hl000
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with other elements of your stay. I do wish that we had an opportunity to address these concerns while you were here - anytime a guest is not completely satisfied and we are made aware - we will do our utmost to immediately rectify them. We are dedicated to ensuring that all guests have an enjoyable experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of June 1 - June 3rd, we as many other people purchased the deal which offered a voucher for the casino, Skylon, and wine tasting.

Check in was super fast and the woman who helped us was super nice and even offered an upgrade room for $10 extra a night although we declined our room was really nice and very updated. However, I do have a couple of complaints.

First, the internet was horrible... it did not work at all which really put a damper in our trip because neither of us wanted to "roam" on our cell phones but we couldn't look up directions to go home or anywhere for that matter. The room channels were horrific, thankfully we spent a majority of our time outside of the hotel room and didn't watch a lot of TV but it was as if every other channel didn't work. The other residents were also something to complain about although this isn't the hotels fault. Around 9am I was woken up by kids playing lacrosse in our hallway bouncing the ball against our door, their parents kept us up the night before drinking and partying in their hotel room till about 2am with the door wide open, we were also woken up around 4am our last night by drunk teenagers and the sound of peeing in the hallway. All of these things above are really minor complaints for my boyfriend and I, all things that you may experience at any hotel.

BUT, the one reason why I would probably never return to this hotel is as many others stated before me... THE PARKING LOT. Holy crap! I could rant for hours about how horrible it is... people park like idiots to the point where my boyfriend had to reverse around the whole lot because one idiot parked literally in the center of the circle lot. We don't complain much but when you have to drive in reverse around a parking lot because of people who can't park around 2am we were fuming! We calmly talked to the person at the front desk and instead of them apologizing for the matter the guy said, "What do you expect... it's a hotel." A hotel huh, you don't say... thanks for informing us. Right, because we've never stayed at a hotel before... thanks for informing us. The guy didn't even apologize just gave us a dumbfounded look and that moment alone left both of us with a sour taste in our mouth. We probably won't return, I would've rather payed an extra $100 and stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alexandria A

Thank you for visiting us. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. Anytime a guest has any concern with any aspect of their stay, we do our utmost to address those concerns and ensure that every stay is a fun and successful one. It is truly unfortunate that we are hearing about these many concerns at this stage and were not given an opportunity to address any of them during your stay or at any point since. Although from time to time, a concern may arise - we certainly have trouble agreeing that every aspect of your stay and every staff member you encountered were disappointing and certainly would have loved to have had the opportunity to discuss this with you while you were here - we regularly receive great comments about our staff and facilities

Reviewed May 29, 2012

awesome rooms...my gf and i stayed for 2 nights this past memorial day weekend.. . we got there on Saturday morning from a 6 hour drive from nyc hoping to check in to any of the first available rooms from those checking out. No luck. So we just decided to come back later and go about our day doing the tourist thing.

The room we were given was very nice.Besides the main room upon entrance we had a small living room with it's own flat screen, and a nice black leather couch near the fridge and microwave. The bed was comfy as hell.

i would definitely stay here again, but wish it was more location friendly to the clifton hill and the falls area.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.
2  Thank bones718

Thank you for your response.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for the positive comments. It is always a pleasure to hear about guests who have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our one-night stay at the Ramada Plaza. The price was right! We were not aware of a parking fee so when checking in I expressed my disappointment that there was an extra fee. The manager was at the front desk and heard my concern about the parking fee and we were immediately upgraded from a standard room to a king suite. The suite was clean and very nicely decorated with two mounted flat-screen tv's, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting room with french doors separating the rooms for privacy. The sitting room had a cold fridge, microwave, couch, desk, lamp, coffee table, all the comforts of home. We did not try the pool so I cannot comment on that. My only negative comment about this hotel is that it does not offer a simple continental breakfast which my husband and I prefer when travelling. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet. We do not have an opinion about the ro...
1  Thank SamM465

We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We have received a lot of positive feedback about our beds and newly renovated rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

We had the TeamBuy deals. They specifically said free parking and no fees. Then charged $14 in fees per night. Its ridiculous, and I don't support business who aren't truthful in their advertising.
My mother also encountered the same problem. They did refund the money but refused for us as well as two other of our friends who had purchased through Teambuy.
I would never recommend.
The lighting is terrible. Customer service is terrible. I can't give a good score for cleanliness if I can't see the rooms. I would never recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2012

All in all a good hotel. Great prices, good location, great on site bar to catch the game at. The rooms are clean and updated, lots of pillows on the beds which I love. The staff I met were all great, check in person was friendly and helpful, house keeper was as well. Pool looked nice, didn't try it was we were very busy but it looked clean and I did feel the water and it was nice and warm. Rooms were fairly quiet, we were there for a cheerleading competition so I am sure it is usually much quieter however the rooms are pretty sound proof for a hotel.
Now the parking. Horrible, terrible, F-. Spots are tiny and it seems like most people cannot park to begin with. When you can't open your car door without worrying you are going to hit another car because the spots are so small that's a problem. I am not sure why they made the spots so small, it certainly doesn't make more spots as people just park over the lines.
I'd definitely go back to this hotel, it's clean and the staff is fantastic. I do think they need to reconsider the parking lot and make it more user friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie3950

We appreciate the feedback regarding the parking aspect during your stay - all comments are reviewed by our entire management team. We take all comments seriously and are always looking to improve where ever we can. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Been going to Niagara since I was a kid but never stayed at the Ramada Plaza. Got a deal for 2 nights and think this hotel was perfect for me and my husband! We stayed in a spacious and clean king suite. The check in and check out was fast, friendly and perfectly informative. The location is where ppl will likely have a difference of opinion. It is not in the main entertainment area so for us it was a pro being a long weekend as we avoided the tourist trap and traffic. We were able to get to the border easily as we wanted to cross and get to the wineries the next day. It was also right across the outlet mall so perfect for those on a mini shopping trip. Easy access to the highway too. There's also plenty of places to eat nearby (we ate at mick & angelo's known for it's awarded wings) and a half decent mini golf course which you can walk to. So if you want a trip to Niagara but are bored of the clifton hill area and you've seen the falls a million times then I'd suggest staying here. Some other highlights...
An indoor and outdoor pool so great all year round
Attached to Don Cherry's restaurant - friendly service

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. Through each comment both positive and negative. We learn to grow as a team. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We get a lot of positive feedback about newly renovated rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon!