“Decent.. just decent.”

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #76 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I bought a teambuy voucher and used it this weekend. I was pleased with the room and whatnot, however was kind of put off by all of the fees. Even though I had looked at tripadvisor prior to going, I couldn't believe that parking was not included in the fees. This was an added 20$ for a short stay of two evenings.

The facility fee of 3.99 was a nuisance as well. I'm not sure why they are charging something like this when there are very little additional 'facilities' so to speak. The jacuzzi was out of commission (a maintenance worker scoffed when I asked him about it), the pool was not deep enough to swim in from what I saw (unless you're a toddler) and the fitness room was laughable. It seemed as though they selected a few random cardio machines and threw them in any unused room. There were no weights, no benches, and was very small in general.

The adjoining restaurant Don Cherry's was decent, however very expensive as it was geographically close to a tourist destination.. however I don't think this should justify 3.50 for a glass of orange juice at breakfast.

My recommendation is to look for somewhere else to stay with included parking, continental breakfast, and no hidden fees. Although the room conditions and hotel were generally clean, these other things easily put me off returning again.

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairwells will hear the door slam throughout the night
1  Thank James D
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

We are sorry to learn about the circumstances, which made it necessary for you to contact us. Since we are in the business of serving the traveling public, we certainly want to hear if they are displeased in any way. Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls was founded on a philosophy of guest service and satisfaction. Over the years, that philosophy has become a tradition. The quality and comfort of our guest experience is a way of doing business, and the role that each employee plays in that experience is critical
We pride ourselves to be the lowest fees; including parking and facility fees amongst Four Star hotels in Niagara Falls. We started our parking and facility fees in late October 2011 and it is in full effect since that time, and it is clearly stated on our website that we do charge additional fees. Whatever action taken at this time is not going to alleviate the inconvenience you experienced. We strive for perfection in our guestrooms and the service and comfort of our guests is always a priority. It is through comments and suggestions such as yours that we are made aware of and are able to prevent recurrence and to ensure that in the future you are provided with the efficient, friendly service you deserve.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,264)

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I purchased a teambuy deal-2 nights for $69 before reading the reviews. After reading the reviews, I was ready to forgo the experience and let my voucher expire. At the last minute we decided to use it and go with an open mind. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and recalled me calling to make reservations. We had come to Niagara with another couple who stayed elsewhere but who did come to our room to visit. The entrance to the hotel opened to a lovely winding staircase which led to the second floor. On opening the door -WOW. It was a beautiful suite -the nicest in which I have ever stayed. There was a sitting area at the entrance with modern furniture and a flat screen TV. French doors opened to the main bedroom in which there was a king sized bed and another flat screen TV-decorated in up-to-date decor. We were given a voucher for a 10% discount on food at Don Cherry's sports bar and the prices were quite reasonable.
On leaving we mentioned that the door to the bathroom needed to be fixed and were told that that would be looked into right away. A very pleasant get-away.

2  Thank sharonjane1

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay!
Thank you so much for coming to visit Ramada Plaza Hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your time here and are looking forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the Niagara Falls region. Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls was founded on a philosophy of guest service and satisfaction. Over the years, that philosophy has become a tradition. The quality and comfort of our guest experience is a way of doing business, and the role that each employee plays in that experience is critical. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Thank you!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the weekend of April 6 to April 8. We stayed in the King suite. The lighting was very poor. Could barely see in the room. Although I must say the bed was nice and big, with lots of pillows so was very comfortable. Beware of the hidden charges. We got charged $2.99 each for two bottles of water we drank. Needlesstoday the waters were strategically placed beside the coffee and tea in the room, so one would think it's free. Not at all. Remember the lighting is poor so exercise caution in whatever you do there. Would never go back there. The staff at front desk were not friendly at all. I have stayed at better hotels.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with adequate lighting.
2  Thank Bianca38
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for your response. Our property is currently undergoing a change in our lighting in order to become more environmentally friendly. We value your concerns and will take them into consideration as we change our hotel lighting. The water in room does have a tag on it that displays the price for guests if they wish to drink the in room water. We strive for perfection in our guestrooms and the service and comfort of our guests is always a priority. It is through comments and suggestions such as yours that we are made aware of and are able to prevent recurrence and to ensure that in the future you are provided with the efficient, friendly service you deserve.

Management

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I had the teambuy voucher and decided to use it during march break. We were there for two weekday nights. The hotel is right across the outlet mall which is far from the attractions. We drove to and parked near the attractions so the kids could have some fun. You wouldn't be able to walk to the falls, unless you'd be willing to walk 40 min to get there. The room was very nice and clean. The kids slept on the pull out sofa and were comfortable. Free wifi was a plus.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelor201103
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us at the Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls. All of our suites and deluxe rooms have been newly renovated and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new comfy beds as well. We strive for perfection in our guestrooms and the service and comfort of our guests is always a priority. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Thank you.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

First off, I have also read the reviews for what other people have said about the facility before going and some people need to possibly call ahead to ask questions. Now a days everything you could ever possibly wonder about is on the internet. Just like the people that had previously wrote for their review after their stay should have either called or looked at the facilitys web page to see if there were any other charges before their stay, which is exactally what we had done. I had noticed that they have clearly stated that is a 10 parking per night charge and a facility fee. Upon looking at our voucher that we had purchased it also stated these fees as well. But after reading the reviews I also called and spoke to the reservation staff when making my reservation and they gave me all the answers, even the total to what I would be looking at for my stay even before I arrived.I further checked around to different facilities and they as well have a parking charge and they are higher as you get closer to the casino areas. Upon checking in, the staff were extremely pleasant and I was lucky enough to have the same individual who booked my reservation remember me from our conversation. The room was amazing and clean and wouldn't ever hesitate to go back again. Thank you Ramada Plaza for everything and look forward to our next stay.

5  Thank ma k
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

At the Ramada Plaza, we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service to each and every one of our guests. I am very proud to work with such professional and dedicated individuals who work so hard to attend to the needs of our guests.
The hotel has transformed its appearance over the last 2 years to ensure our guest have the best possible experience. We are continuing our transformation with the common areas. Thank you again for you comments we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Thank you!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend. After reading the reviews I was scared as to what we might find, but was pleasantly surprised when we got there! The staff were friendly and our room was new and renovated. Everything was very clean in our room and even though we never went in the pool lots of people were in it and it didn't seem dirty at all. We did have the 3.99 facilities fee (which is a joke) and $10 parking to pay. It wasn't super close to the falls but if you really wanted to you could walk on a nice day. Overall well worth the $ spent. We booked through expedia

Room Tip: Our room was 220 and it was very nice :)
1  Thank sa56925

Thank you for your response. We are are delighted to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Plaza. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform me of your experience. It is wonderful to receive such nice comments about the service of our team and quality of our hotel.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Just returned from staying at the Ramada, they charge for parking and then there is this extra surprise fee called a facility rental of $3.99 a night on top of $10 for parking a night, add on the taxes then the nightly room fee and it adds up fast. Might look like a great price, but watch for the extra charges! Then the fire alarm kept ringing off and on, it was so annoying, then the maintenance man opened up the door to our room..we didn't even open the door for him, he must have had a universal swipe card, that was creepy with his head looking in our room, thankfully we were dressed, he was asking if we had water that overflowed from a toilet or a tub. I was in shock! There was a smell throughout, I don't know if they use some scented carpet cleaner but the room had some funky smell, if you have allergies beware. It was a clean hotel, but some very weird experiences and extra charges that I really didn't agree with.

Room Tip: the suite was nice but there was a funky weird smell, just be careful if you have allergies
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you for your response. Since we are in the business of serving the traveling public, we certainly want to hear if they are displeased in any way. Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls was founded on a philosophy of guest service and satisfaction. Over the years, that philosophy has become a tradition. The quality and comfort of our guest experience is a way of doing business, and the role that each employee plays in that experience is critical. We pride ourselves to be the lowest facility fees amongst Four Star hotels in Niagara Falls. We started our facility fees late October 2011 and it has been in full effect since that time, and it is clearly stated on our website that we do charge additional fees. In regards to the fire alarm sounding it was a false alarm, however, the alarm is to ensure the safety of our hotel guests.