Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
  • Breakfast included
$111
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
$119
$111
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$81
$137
$116
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
$275
$126
$122
$112
2,315 results
All reviewsoutlet mallmeat marketdon cherry restaurantminute drivesitting roomclifton hillstarbucks
Reviewed August 22, 2011

me and my family satyed in room 1214 very nice room not the room i was shown to start with but the same idea very clean nice and cozy for my family my older son loved the pull out bed and well me and my husband wanted to bring the king size bed home with us very comfortable and large get for sleeping and kids liked to lay there and watch tv the pools looked amazing didnt swim thought we got to busy the kids loved the play area that was a great way to spend some time the staff at the front desk were very helpful and worked with us i am one of the people out there that hate credit cards so i dont have one but the manager worked with us and we left a deposit on the room that we collected back at check out time to 2 for 1 breakfast was nice as well i would love to get some kind of deal or coupons in the mail so we could come again soon lol but we did really love our stay and we will be back again soon thank you

1  Thank Jenn H
NightManager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Awesome. Its always good to hear positive reviews. There are many people who see the pull outs as a negitive thing. I have slept on these ones myself and they are very comfortable. Not like the pull out couches of the past that is for sure. We have spared no cost on the bedding in the hotel. The beds, pull outs, and cots are very comfortable. Im glad that the kids enjoyed the play room as well. When you do come back make sure you see come to see me to introduce yourself.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

we stopped here on the way back from PA chose this hotel at ramdom (something I never do) were pleasantly suprised we got a 2 room suite for $81 very clean and comfortable staff was helpful would be nice if the hotel offered shuttle service to the falls area. plenty of free parking . the hotel is slightly confusing to naviagate but who cares as long as the rooms are good. will stay again

Room Tip: lots of competition in the area ask for a cheaper rate then what is quoted
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank biggerbelly

Im glad you had a good time. The hotel is rather large and I can see how it can be confusing. We have added some signs to help guest navigate the hotel, as well the front desk staff has been instructed to give better directions to each room. I hope that we can be of assistance to you and your family for years to come. Please make sure you make a point to see me on your next visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Looking for hotels we found Ramada Plaza and thought we would give it a try. First off they are one of very few that accepts large dogs. Initially we were very excited because when we called it appeared they had great customer service. However that all changed when we arrived. First off when we arrived we waited 45 minutes to get to the front desk to check in. We checked in around 4:30PM and were told that our room had not been cleaned yet and we could not check in. We had to wait outside with our dog for 45 minutes before we could actually get to our room. Keep in mind that if you have a dog you can only stay on the first floor in the old section of the hotel. We finally get to our room, king size suite. We noticed immediately the air did not work. We call the front desk and they stated someone would come by to check it out. 45 minutes later we called again to tell them that no one has come by and we wanted to go to dinner. They reassured me that someone would come by. Finally 30 minutes later someone came by to look at the air. The maintenance worker quickly stated we definitely need a different room because both air conditions did not work.This is where great customer service does come into play. The maintenance worker went to the front desk himself with me to get us a new room. The worker at the desk, I believe his name was Juan, was very rude and basically told me he didn't have time for me. The maintenance worker (mw) reassured me that he would make sure I get taken care of. I returned to my room where a few minutes later the mw returned with the managers key to show me the other potential room. First glance everything looked great, the air worked, but it did have a funny smell. We told him to make sure they save the room for us. When we returned to the hotel after dinner we went to the front desk and were able to get the room keys. We started to switch everything over when I went into the bathroom. All of a sudden I noticed black mold all over the ceiling. Well, I found the funny smell. Now we are 0 for 2. I immediately went up to the front desk. Luckily the maintenance worker happen to be standing up at the front desk. I quickly told him that there was mold on the ceiling. The representative behind the counter, now a woman, quickly says that's impossible it's a new hotel. Finally she gave us keys to another new room. I actually walked back down to my room with the maintenance worker to see the mold. He apologized for the mold and for the actions of the staff. He helped us move from the old side of the building to the new renovated side. The rooms are definitely updated on the other side, however, not entirely finished. There were french doors between the two rooms and they were not properly installed. Some other cosmetic issues but definitely not a serious problem. If you do stay here definitely insist on staying on the renovated side. The hallways are still a construction zone and sore are the stairwells but much better than the other side. I never write reviews but my stay here frustrated me so much. I am very easy to please but when I receive attitude from hotel staff that just really pushes me over the edge.

Thank you to the maintenance worker who tried to make everything work out. The hotel should hire him for the front desk and probably get better reviews.

4  Thank LoveTraveling1126
NightManager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

I appologize as it looks like my last response was not posted. I understand your frustration, let me explain the issues at hand. Yes we are a pet freindly room however only a certain number of our rooms are pet friendly. These rooms are on the first floor. This is because there is limited rooms on this floor and a private entrance and parking. The reason this is important is that there are other guests taht are highly allergic This is why it is important to limit which rooms can have pets. We do this a s a courtousy to both guest those with out pets who are allergic, and we take pets for those who wish to travel with them ( We are not Mandated to take pets). I appologize for the AC not working, Sometimes there is user error from the previous tenants that locks the units out. Our maintenance man was very helpful from what I understand. I do not know why you refer to a New side and an old side as they are both recently renopvated and are actually considered Newly built due to the amount of work that had been done. The rooms were all treated the same way, everything was stripped out and brought right down to the cement. the rooms were then rebuilt from there. All our rooms are equipped with the same ammenities from one side to the next. Only difference is one side allows pets on one of the floors, the other side has a strict no pet policy. I hope this answers your concerns.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family recently stayed at this Ramada during the weekend of Aug 5 for a soccer tournament. The entire team was booked to stay here and to say the least, not one family was happy with the service. The hotel itself was adequate and there has been renovations to the building but the service was anything but desirable. The front desk clerk (lady with short black hair and glasses) was the most un-accomodating person you will ever meet. Would not allow anyone to check in a minute sooner than the check in time (4:00) even though we knew damn well the rooms were clean. Then on our second day, they gave our room to a strange man which walked right into our room with his key and our keys were deactivated. This is the worst case of hotel security I have ever experienced. What if we were not in there ? What if we were sleeping ? Would he have had full access to our stuff or us ? Other families were promised cots when they reserved their rooms only to be told that they didnt have any and were told maybe the kids would like to feel like they are camping and sleep on the floor with blankets. The last thing anyone wants is their child to sleep on a dirty hotel floor. Other families rooms had a smell of urine (maybe from a pet) and another family had a horrible smell that the hotel tried to cover up with air freshners even though the housekeepers confided in the family that they have been telling management for weeks that they can't get the funky smell out of the room. Recommend looking into another hotel before booking this unfriendly and unaccomdating place.

3  Thank onttraveller67

I am writing in response to your claims. First I ask that you dont speak for the whole team as not everyone had an issue. Please only refer to what applies to you directly. The front desk has no way of knowing when the rooms are cleaned until they are input into the computer. Even if they were cleaned by the housekeeping the rooms still have to be inspected by the supervisors and then input into the computer. this is a quality assurance. We do not want the guest to be checked in to a room that hasnt been properly cleaned. This process helps us eliminate this issue. This is not a matter of the hotel staff not being accomodating but following the proper protocol. The "strange Man" you refered to was the hotel Maintenance man. He was there to work in the room. He stated to me that yes he did knock several times without an answer so he assumed the room was empty. This was not a security issue. I hope this clears up any confusion you had with your issues.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

The room was great. Awesome updates. Nothing negative to say there.

The bathroom walls could of been cleaned. The white spit from ppl spitting in the sink could be seen. We went out the one day- came back and the beds were not made and empty water bottles/garbage still on the bed. BEDS ARE TO BE MADE IN ROOMS THROUGHOUT STAY.... This was complained about.

The hallways? Not vaccumed once in the three days we were there. I noticed someone mentionned this in an early post- clearly not taken care of. The man at the desk mentionned he thought the vaccums didnt work very well. GET NEW ONES. PPL ARE GOING TO LOOK AT YOUR FLOORS NOW IF THEY READ ALL THESE POSTS- OBVIOUSLY. More than one person has addressed this issue now. This was complained about to management as well, since ANDREW comments on everyones posts here, so im sure he already knows. Now fix it.

The pool - not clean. The pop machine by the pool - doesnt work. Could not see the bottom of it, paint ships missing in it, (EMPTY THE WATER, paint the cement, clean it so that we can see the bottom it should not be cloudy for 3 days).

Ice machine does not work. They have only one ice vending machine that also on third floor.

Free parking.
The phones in the room are just a normal phone. No pre assigned buttons saying 0 is front desk, or wake up calls?.. weird.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank magically_delicious7
NightManager, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I have reveiwed your comments and will advise you on the progress. Regarding the vaccumes. I don't know who told you the vaccumes did not work very well, however it should be noted that a brand new shipment if vaccumes have just arrived and are currently in use. It is in the daily duties of the house persons to vaccume the hallways. We are aware of the pool situation. We have already fixed the pool once this year. as a result to fix the pool again we are waiting until the other indoor pool is complete. this way there is no issues with guest not being able to have somewhere to swim. Currently the Outdoor pool is open as well. It is more then just a simple draining of the pool painting and re filling it. the pool paint has to be sand blasted, repainted and then a week of drying time. This will cause a tremendous amount of down time that would upset guest more then the pool having chipped paint. please rest assured though that we are working on the issue.
As for the pop machine. This is contracted through a third party. we do have a store located right beside the front desk though if the pop machine is empty. Also please note that you mentioned about only one Ice machine. We now have 3 Ice machines working and are waiting on a 4th machine to arrive. Our hope is that this will not be an issue in the future.
Thank you again for your comments. We do utilize your comments to improve our hotel.