“Never again”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The first surprise was the $20 per night additional charge for parking. Then we got to our room, which was booked as either 2 queens or a king with a sleeper. When we got there, the very nice desk clerk said our room was a king with a pull-out sleeper. Got to the room, no sleeper. Called the front desk to tell them, and the girl said, "Are you sure?" Ridiculous question, but whatever. So they moved us to a room with 2 queens. Horribly uncomfortable beds, worse pillows. Handle of bottom dresser drawer came off in my hand when I opened it. I called the front desk around 8 the next morning to request two extra pillows, then I put the "Please service room" tag on the door and we left to go sightseeing. Came back mid-afternoon, room hadn't been cleaned yet, no extra pillows. Saw the housekeeping girl, told her not to bother cleaning it since she hadn't gotten there yet (and really, this wasn't a problem, I know they're busy), but asked her if she would mind finding us the extra pillows, since they had never arrived. She said sure and promptly disappeared, never to be seen again. Couple of hours later I called the front desk to ask -- for the third time -- if we could have the stupid pillows. The young man said sure, he would be up in a minute. He was, but brought no pillows. Instead, he told me the pillows were in the dresser under the TV. I told him we had clothes in all three of those drawers, and there were no pillows in there, nor in the closet, or anywhere else. He asked, "Are you sure?" This seems to be their standard response. So he finally returned with two equally bad pillows and a very snippy attitude. The third day, after housekeeping had already come, my son opened the cabinet under the sink to find two bags of garbage and an empty pizza box, clearly left by the last occupant (or maybe someone even further back). I mentioned this to three of the housekeeping staff who were chatting out in the hall when I left the room a few minutes later. They all stared at me blankly. I know they spoke English because they were talking to each other. The garbage was still there when we left this morning. In addition, the pool is so chlorinated that my eyes hurt just standing OUTSIDE the closed door. Of course, my 7-year-old was desperate to go swimming anyway, so we put up with the chlorine, but on nearly every occasion we were at the pool our cards failed to open the door, as did almost everyone else's. It was sort of a running joke that nobody could get in the pool unless someone inside opened the door. We ate one breakfast at the restaurant. We seated ourselves, since nobody approached or said anything. The buffet was bare bones, and the silverware was dirty. The only time we saw a server was when she sullenly dropped the $33 bill off at our table. The falls are beautiful, and this hotel's location is good, but there is nothing else to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2009

After reading some of the bad reviews I was hoping for the best, but boy was I wrong. Check-in went smoothly, took our luggage up to our room only to find a huge stain on the carpet. I could overlook that fact but then when I noticed hair and dirt all over because the carpet hadn't been swept I was shocked. Walked into the bathroom to find hair all trhough the tub. At this point we went down to the font desk to let them know this was unacceptable and they did move us to a better room. Had trouble with housekeeping...would only give us one wash cloth for 2 people and then when we asked for extras we still didn't get any. The walls are paper thin...could hear everything!! Please don't be fooled by the pictures on line...it is nothing as it appears. Spend your money elsewhere...the Marriot looked very nice. Was wishing we would have stayed there!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mbta1234
Reviewed July 26, 2009

If you plan on coming to Niagara Falls don't let this hotel rip you off. I understand taking advantage of a tourist area but come on!! $230 for one night and you can't even enjoy a coffee because the pot has never been cleaned. Also, if you have allergies don't plan on using tissues, only cheap toilet paper. Our remote control was also broken and the ice bowel wasn't emptied or cleaned because it was full of skunky water. The lamps were not plugged in (probably from laziness of the staff). The pool was soo small and defiantly needs an update. It also would have been nice if you could open a window in the room for some fresh air but not here.
Do yourself a favor and stay at Embassy or the Marriott. Don't let pictures online trick you into thinking this hotel is worthy of your hard earned money.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We stayed here in May overlooking the falls, the room was superb, it was big, comfortable, clean and tidy and overlooked the natural attraction the Falls, and what a view it was, when you peered through the window first thing in the morning to see the mist rising off the falls.

The breakfast downstairs at Tony Roma's was good, I would have liked a bit more variety i.e. fruit, but as I was only there for three days I can't really complain. The staff on the front desk were friendly and made the various calls for us regarding bookings etc.

When we go back next year we will be looking to book here again, as it is a nice easy stroll to the falls and the rest of the town, and there are plenty of eateries in the vacinity.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Copo1966
Reviewed July 14, 2009

DROVE to Canada from Virginia for our honeymoon no less. After driving for 11 hours we found the Radisson had CANCELLED our reservation and had NO rooms to offer us. Said they called us but there was no call to be found on any of our phones. So at midnight after driving all day they put us on the street to find a place to stay for ourselves. So glad they did because the Marriott next door was FABULOUS! STAY AT THE MARRIOTT!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jchamby
Reviewed July 8, 2009

On our 5 night visit to Niagara Falls, ON, we stayed at this hotel. The King Jr. Suite was perfect. We liked the fact that noise was nonexistant from adjacent rooms or outside. We slept well and the mattress was nice and firm. The housekeeping was wonderful and the microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator were great. The jacuzzi tub and shower was also terrific. We'll stay there again if we go.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heeldad
Reviewed June 16, 2009

it was amazing staying there with a nice experience of viewing
niagra at nite n early in the morning.
the front desk people were very nice,n my kid enjoyed the pool there,my husband enjoyed d gim.the rooms were exelent, clean
bar was gud
it was very near to the falls,n casino too,
it was also near too marine land

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pooja310