“Much better than expected”

Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Troy, MI
“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Overall, our stay was better than expected. I assumed this would be a standard place just to drop our bags. We stayed in one of the less expensive non tower, non view rooms. However, the room was very large and very clean. There were bachelor and bachelorette parties across from our room, but due to the suite layout (bedroom walls do not meet hallway) we did not hear a peep. The pool area is also extremely well maintained. The hotel is convenient to several restaurants of all variety. A quick walk across the street, thru a walkway, ride down the tram and you are at the falls in less than five minutes. The wego bus also stops right out front. We arrived early on a Saturday, but were given early check in and parking. And even though there is no room service, when a friend called and requested champagne and desert sent to our room, the staff somehow made it happen, flutes and all! This hotel that could be a tourist trap is a gem instead.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Lisa S
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. Our location is central to all that Niagara Falls has to offer. I am happy to see that you were not bothered by the bachelor party going on across the hall and you found the rooms spacious and clean. Thank you for leaving a review.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband surprised me with two nights at this beautiful hotel. He explained that we were celebrating a very special anniversary and were put in a room on the 12th floor with a perfect view of the spectacular Horseshoe Falls. The room was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Two front desk staff members stand out: Cassandra and Kelcy. Both were exceptionally polite, pleasant and efficient! While in the Niagara Falls area, be sure to visit Niagara-On-The-Lake. It is similar to Napa Valley...quaint shops, beautiful downtown area, and about 30 small wineries to visit! Samples are reasonably priced and most will put the cost of the sampling towards your wine purchases. We loved our stay in the Niagara Falls area! Truly magnificient!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Falls if you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sollover
I am happy to see that we were able to be a part of a special celabration with you. I thank you for you taking the time to write a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for one evening and we requested early check in. When we arrived we were told to come back in an hour. So we went around killed some time around Niagara. Returned to the hotel and we were Rudely told to come back in another hour. Very frustrated at this point! So we left and returned again, to be told that our rooms were in the process of being cleaned at that moment. We waited in the lobby for another 35minutes while two busses arrived full of people! We finally arrived in our rooms at 3:45! If your going to offer early check in and we get charged for it then have that room done first! It was so frustrating. I have never experienced that before. And our room had hair all over the bathroom door and the shelf in the shower was filthy with soap mildew!

• Stayed July 2014
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Traveler866
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I do apologize for the inconvenience of not having your room ready for an early check in. It can be very difficult this time of the year and we try our best to grant all early check ins. I would also like to apologize for the housekeeping staff as this has been addressed with them.
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 night. The location was great. We were close to everything. They made sure my mom was next door to us. The room was clean and the jacuzzi tub was great after walking all day long. The only cons were - the pool was way too cold. The same for the hot tub. The parking cost, $20CAD, is way over priced. It's outdoor parking as well.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank Cathy Gollmitze... P
Dear Cathy Golimitze
I am happy to see that you found the hotel clean and location good. I am sorry to see that you found the pool to cold. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room was okay, and the "falls" view was okay, but not great. This hotel is situated at the very end of the falls, and you can only see a small part of Horseshoe Falls from your room and also up the river. The indoor pool was dirty and cold, and the onsite restaurant (Tony Roma) was horrible. We had breakfast there (the hotel gives out a discount coupon), and it wouldn't have been worth it even if it was free. We had planned on possibly having dinner there until we had the breakfast. It was awful!!! The absolute worst breakfast we have ever had, and we travel a lot!!! The proximity to the action isn't the best at this hotel either. It's at the opposite end of where the action is, which isn't so bad if you're young and healthy, but for handicapped persons or seniors, you'd have to take the bus or a taxi. More money in a place that's already VERY expensive.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GingerSnap317
Dear GingerSnap317
I would like to apologize for the Restaurant and I have passed your comments on to them with regards to the breakfast. I would also like to say Im sorry for the condition of the pool and I thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can address this with the staff.
South Berwick, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Not a bad hotel, but the room was dated and not in great shape. Fallsview is a bit deceiving because the falls is not very close to the hotel and you are looking between the hotels on the opposite of the street. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but the hotel felt a bit old and tired. Fine for the night, but not an extended stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JeremyC
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I am sorry to see that you felt our hotel was dated and did not like our renovated ultra- modern look. I am happy to see that you found the staff friendly and helpful
Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights. The hotel is very good and the rooms very clean. I asked for a room on a high floor and Laura in reception helped me with this for which I am grateful to her. We had the most stunning view of the Niagara Falls and I will never forget that.

I couldn't eat the breakfast as it was too sweet. I can't blame this on the hotel as this must be a typical Canadian style breakfast.

We could walk to the center of town but it takes about 20 minutes,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank helenoftroy23
Dear helenoflroy23
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your view from the room and found the hotel to be clean. I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview