“Fantastic Hotel”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We have just returned from a holiday to Canada, part of which was spent at the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel. This hotel must have one of the best locations in Niagara, perfect for all activites and site seeing.
When we booked this hotel we asked for a Falls view room and the staff were only to pleased to help, the room had a fantastic view of both falls, seconded only by the Maid of the Mist. The room was large enough for our family of four without feeling as if we were on top of each other, and was kept immaculate by the army of housekeepers who were always there for any of our needs. The hotel has a buffet restaurant with floor to ceiling panoramic windows displaying great views of the falls and a fantastic choice of fresh hot and cold food, and should not be missed. The outdoor pool area is a lovely way to catch the Canadain sun situated on the seventh floor it was always clean and a supply of fresh towels on hand, as well as a pool side bar.
Our stay at the Sheraton was only for three nights before we toured further in Canada, but after one night away we returned there for a further week to end our holiday in affordable luxury,
Overall I would say this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in, as it ticked all the boxes, helpful polite staff, a good location and a great room.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Greenan

Reviewed July 22, 2007

The stay was perfect.

My friend, Catherine and I were vacationing from Newfoundland and I had reserved a room for one night at the Sheraton on the Falls.

When we arrived we were greeted by exceptionally friendly, pleasant, and helpful staff. I was surprised to be told that I would be receiving a complimentary upgrade to the room which placed us high on the 21st floor on the corner of the hotel, overlooking the beautiful Niagara Falls. It was the perfect setting for a marriage proposal.

At 11:12 p.m. on July 3, 2007, I presented Catherine with a beautiful solitaire diamond and an invitation to be my wife. She cried with happiness and accepted.

Many thanks to the management and staff for making this such a perfect evening.

Randy from Newfoundland

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Randy_in_NL
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Staff was friendly and helpful. Fantastic view of the falls, and you couldn't ask for a better view of the fireworks. Kids enjoyed the outdoor rooftop pool, while mom and dad relaxed and took in the view. Room was clean. The whole family enjoyed the stay, hotel was close to all the attractions, which was convenient if you have children. Biggest disappointment was the Fallsview Restaurant, children eat free for a paying adult. What a joke, our bill was $92 for 2 adults and the buffet was poor. Maybe 4 hot entrees, nothing the kids really liked. You can do better for your money elsewhere!! Try Casa Doro for excellent italian food!! We would love to go back!! The location and view are worth the price alone!!

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank pttraveler
Reviewed July 21, 2007

Our husband and I were celebrating our 1st year anniversary. We loved the hotel. The location was excellent. The hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful. We got an upgrade which was a huge bonus and it really left us with a good feeling. We travel alot and this was a great expierence. We have recommended to our friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leahjones
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Booked this Hotel for the holiday of a lifetime. Since being a little
girl I had dreamed of seeing the falls, and what better way to see them than out of your bedroom window.

I booked a fallsview room for two nights.

We arrived on a canadian bank holiday Sunday afternoon and the resort
was extremely busy.

The Sheraton on the Falls does overlook the falls as the marketing states, however it is also in the middle of Niagara Town. I knew that
there were casinos and arcades there, but was little prepared for the
noise and the assault on the senses that is Niagara Town or Nastytown
as it was dubbed.

Hotel Overall

Reception staff were efficient but cold. Little welcome, no smiles. Took complaints with a cold look.

Room

Tired and in desperate need of an overhaul. Bathroom cracked and stained but as clean as they could make it. Room was dark, but spent all my time looking out of it anyway. Lacking in storage space. The wardrobe is a cubby hole with no door and down the back of the bed. Not the five star luxury that I was looking forward to.

The Hotel is directly above Nastytown. Whilst the windows are double glazed, the seals in them are not great and the room was noisy whilst
the arcades were open. I always travelled with earplugs, but this was
the first time that I have used them and I was glad that I had them.

The view

What can I say. It still takes my breath away to think of it. I spent
all the time in the room looking out of the window. In the morning when the arcades and cafes are quiet (bliss, a different place) the thunder of the falls is wonderful.

Fireworks

At 10pm every Friday and Saturday and on public holidays, Niagara puts on a firework display. The view from the room is perfect and complimented perfectly by a bottle of cold white Niagara wine.

Room Service

Efficient and quick. However, check your bill carefully before you sign it.They add a service charge and the price of the bottle of wine
differed to that in the brochure.

Pool

Slimey, unclean and minute with no changing facilities. We are used to public swimming pools but this was not good. Had the children been
with us, I would not have let them swim.

Restaurant

Probably the biggest disappointment. Al the websites and marketing show a classy restaurant. I hadn't had the chance to dress up in Toronto so looked forward to an evening in a top Restaurant with one of the best views in the world. I dressed in heels and a LBD.

The view again did not disappoint. WOW does not even start to describe it.

However, on my way to our appointed table we picked our way through jeans, shorts, tracksuit bottoms with g- string visible above the trousers, trainers and various other attire that you probably wouldn't visit a pub in let alone expect to be admitted to a top restaurant..We sat next to a retired scottish couple who were on a tour, dressed nicely as you would expect, they too were disappointed.
After ten minutes, I went back to the room and put on more suitable jeans and vest top.

I enjoyed the buffet, but hubby expected better.

Think more Butlins dining room than Sheraton five star luxury with an
amazing view and you will be better prepared.

Trip Overall

I loved the Falls and booked the package which included: Behind the Falls. Maid In The Mist, The Gorge Walk, The Butterfly farm(?) and transport between which is brilliant. The package was amazing value and unmissable (okay, apart from maybe the Butterfly Farm).

Staying in Nastytown does have the huge advantage of allowing you to get to the falls early before the crowds. With jetlag on our side we were at the Falls by seven AM each day and we had them all to ourselves. This was the experience of a lifetime.

In addition, if you want to take the helicopter trip. The helipad is just a short walk further on from the stop at the whirlpool. This saved us a taxi fee of £35-40 dollars each way so paid for itself.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RiaBlack
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I'll start with what we liked... it is a good location, right in the heart of all the action. Beautiful view of the falls. The outdoor roof-top pool was great- flowers everywhere and a great view of the falls. The staff was friendly and helpful. But the rooms and hallways need a makeover. Not dirty, but it's time for an updated look. The bathroom in the room had a cracked sink, old peeling wallpaper and was very dimly lit. In the lobby, the ladies room was so discusting it made me gag!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2007

The Hotel and the Hotel staff we absolutely the best. The Hotel was right by the falls and everything surrounding. We had access to the Indoor Water Park, Rain Forest Cafe, Casino, Planet Holly Wood (I could go on and on) all from within the Hotel. I took my daughter to the Hotel SPA and they treated her like a little princess, she just loved it!!!!
I would definitely go back and would defiantly recommend the hotel to whomever is deciding a trip to the Falls !!!

Stayed: June 2007