An average Sheraton in an unbeatable location just steps from Clifton Avenue. The views on the higher floors are superb, but a bit far from the falls (compared to the Sheraton Fallsview with the Horseshoe Fall seemingly right below your nose). As we wanted to enjoy the Falls to the fullest, we happily decided on the highest priced room available on the website, which was a Duplex Falls View Suite on the top floor. We had expected a top quality room with unrivalled views from two-story windows. We were rather disappointed upon entering our suite. It was an old, dull and cheaply appointed suite with 3-star motel style furnishing. Worst of all, the two-story window was there but it was a very narrow window almost hidden away in the room's corner and further obstructed by a concrete slab ruuning across its center. So in effect, it wasn't a panoramic two-story window one would expect in a Duplex Suite facing the falls. We could not actually lounge in the living room and immerse the views as might be expected.
However, there was a very small balcony which one person (at a time) could stand on and fully enjoy the views below. Although the bathroom was large, it was dark and fell far below the standards of typical Sheraton properties. A very badly designed suite with every aspect deserving a major upgrade.
It in interesting to note that on the hotel website, we found some lovely pictures of various rooms, including one of a nice, bright bathroon actually overlooking the falls. We did inquire upon check-in if there was indeed a higher category room that the one we boked, i.e. Penthouse/ Presidential Suite, etc. of which were were willing to pay to upgrade our booking. The check-in staff firmly and confidently explained that the Duplex Falls View Suite was indeed the hotel's highest category and most expensive room (after seeing it, we found that hard to believe). We still wonder which room category that lovely bathroom with a beautiful view belonged to. All in all, none of the staff had been particularly helpful and we had an average stay. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the location and the hotel's good proximity to the Falls. Although we understand that there are no 5-star deluxe category accomodations within the immediatel area of the Falls, one should fare better at the Sheraton Falls View Hotel, which we stayed years ago and felt the views were considerably nicer (closer and more spectacular).
Not an entirely bad recommendation if looking for decent accomodations in a nice location offering lovely views. Just don't bother to waste your money on a fancy sounding "Duplex Falls View Suite". Regular Falls View Rooms appear to be moderately priced and can offer adequate views for the price charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton