7,953 results
All reviewsclifton hillhard rock cafecorner suiterainforest cafegreat viewresort feesmall balconystarbucks coffeebuffet restaurantindoor waterparkvalet parkingrainbow bridgewater parkself parkfloor to ceiling windowswaterpark packagecity view
Reviewed July 29, 2005

I recently stayed at the Sheraton on the Falls from July 27-29, 2005. I was fortunate enough to have a room on the 19th floor. The hotel only has 22 floors I beleive. My room was a on the side of the hotel. Normally this would be lousy, but in this case it provided beautiful views (see attached picture) of both the American and Canadian Falls from its open window. I don't know exactly what to call it - its basically a floor to ceiling window that opens like a door allowing one to look out and see spectacular views of the Falls. It has a very well constructed secure railing, but no actual balcony. Balconies appeared to be only on the 22nd floor and on corner suites. With this window/door shut the general view was looking directly into the middle of the Canadian Horse Shoe Falls. The hotel is correct when stating they are the only hotel directly in front of the Falls. All other major properties are located next to the Canadian Falls, rather than in front of them. I personally think the view from the Sheraton is much better looking directly into the Falls rather than looking at them from the side. My room was clean, the bed was soft, and the pilows were great. I also had an electric fireplace which created a nice atmosphere. I greatly enjoyed the sofa in the room as I could sit there while enjoying my dinner looking out at the Horse Shoe Falls. The hotel staff seemed friendly at all times when I encountered them. Room service was efficiently delivered and the food quality was excellent. All room service meals come from the hotels restaurant - The Penthouse. Prices are high, but what can one expect while staying in a tourist area? It would be a good idea to bring your own bottled water if you don't drink tap water. The hotel will provide 2 large bottles of water in your room with a sign attached to them reading something like, please enjoy this water - a charge of $4.50 will be applied to your bill. The hotel itself was quiet, but my room being on the side I was located on Clifton Hill (the touristy carnival like atmosphere) of Niagara Falls thus I could hear random screams from the kids on the rides up until midnight each night. This wasn't all that unbearbale at all, but still somewhat annoying. This combined with the fact that the hotel needs express elevators (which they are currently constructing) is why I am rating it Above Average instead of excellent. I experienced no noise at all from the construction process. Be prepared to walk a lot. I had no problems walking, but if you do there are numerous transportation methods to get you to where you want to go.

6  Thank Passport19564
Reviewed July 29, 2005

Our hotel room was beautiful, jacuzzi tub, king size bed, and fireplace. The room and hotel in general was very clean and the location was excellent. My only complaints were the price for parking $19 a day for valet (and parking and pedestrian traffic were so tight - we were too anxious to drive around - so we let them park us)
the hotel was very warm, the lobby and elevators were much too warm; and i took a very long time to get on the elevator; regardless of the time of day. Our room was too warm; but we did not ask to get it repaired.

the location was outstanding and they are putting in more elevators; so I would stay there again.

1  Thank laurajeann
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We wanted to stay for one night in a hotel with a great view of the falls, and this was it. I was a little leary after reading some of the negative reviews. However, I looked at some of the pictures that were posted of the view and decided this was the best view for the money. Everything turned out very well. We had no problems. The room was lovely and the beds very comfortable and of course the view was fantastic! We were on the 14th floor.

2  Thank Hopsgrl
Reviewed July 24, 2005

We came in at 4 AM on the day of arrival and they checked us into one of their better rooms for a $100 early check-in fee. We were able to stay in that room until our room became available the next day. Since the hotel is right next to the falls, we were able to dart in and out all day long. It was a fantastic location, the dinner buffet was definitely worth the price ($75 for two) and the rooms were big with spectacular views. It definitely helps to be a Starwood Preferred Guest because you can get the entrance fee to the gym waived ($10). Once in the gym you have access to free bottles of water and fruit and toiletries in the bathroom. Very very nice to workout. The outdoor pool is not heated so no one was out there (thunderstorms) but the indoor pool was nice. The elevator construction means that there are long waits but once that is done, this place will be 5 bullets. Best place to stay at the Falls.

4  Thank Unellie
Reviewed July 22, 2005

We are a Danish couple and our 3 weeks vacation in Canada ended with 4 nights at Sheraton at the Falls July 11 to July 15. And we had a great stay. Our room was on 20th floor with a smal balcony where we had the most beautiful view of the Falls. The room itself was big with a great bed and it was clean every day.
Its location could not be more central as we had no car with us so everything was within walking distance - we walk a lot on our vacations - or we jumped on the people mover for 8$ each per day.
The restaurant had a wonderful view but the food was so so. It was OK but for the price it was not excellent.
We tried the outdoor pool - we were there during a heat wave with very high temperatures above 90 - It was not the biggest pool in the world but we cooled down and the view from there is excellent too.
All in all we are very satisfied with our stay there except for the elevators, but they are working on that problem so that will help future guests.
We are not sure we will come back as the city itself is a bit carnival like for our taste. But the Falls are outstanding and the hotel was great.

1  Thank augustenborg