We rushed to Niagara Falls after learning that the gorge froze over in March 2013. We selected Sheraton on the Falls for its high-level views (our room was on the 16th floor). Given the excitement of seeing frozen Niagara Falls, we did seek out "location location location" and were pleased to discover the location rates when we were there were about 1/3 summer rates.
This hotel is a block to the Canadian Niagara Falls palisade walkway and abuts the street where there are all sorts of amusements. Best for families, it is connected to Niagara's famous indoor waterpark.
We saw lots and lots of families with children there, many walking wrapped in towels and wearing flipflops, who were coming or going from the waterpark. The hotel also features its own pool and there are spa facilities. Falls view rooms were quite large, so families with kids wouldn't be squeezed staying there. In my case, just my husband and I enjoyed our room (and we didn't even turn on our in-room fireplace).
The best part of this hotel is its buffet dining room. Off-season, you usually have your pick of tables next to its floor-to-ceiling windows with magnificent views. Check first, however, to make sure that they aren't seating tours. Evening meals in this dining room feature a better array of food, but frankly, I recommend eating there for the view. It's worth whatever price you have to pay.
I also recommend you eat in this dining room while it is still light. During the season, make sure you arrive for the evening room when still light. Although in the evening, you'll clearly see the light show Canada beams on the falls (especially the American Falls), everything else is pitch black. You see much much more when it is light out. Note there is also a little outdoor porch off this restaurant which is perfect for photos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton