“Wonderful location with great service”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We got upgraded to a wonderful suite overlooking the falls. The hotel is very clean and centrally located to many activities in the area. We also liked that this hotel was connected to other hotels, shops, several restaurants, a water park, casino, and large arcade which meant we didn't have to go outside in the snowy weather too much.

Room Tip: Great falls view rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LovesTheSunshine137

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in February 2014 - the rooms are fairly compact in size & ours was fairly small but it was all we needed. Here is a brief summary of the positives/negatives:

positives
-the rooms were clean
-the beds were comfortable
-staff was friendly/helpful
-location was great

negatives:
-the hallway was pretty noisy at night, but guess that's to be expected close to a casino!
-did not like the 'resort' fee (which is basically for WIFI) should be included in the price

All in all, the positives outweigh the negatives and I recommend this hotel and will stay here again when we return to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ihavetosay
Reviewed February 9, 2014

You won't believe the views. Best views of the falls, especially at night when they have the lights on. The Sheraton is close to everything. The shops, casino and great restaurants. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room facing the falls. It makes the whole trip!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from our 2 night stay at the Sheraton on the Falls. It was a much needed getaway for my hubby and I. We truly enjoyed our gorgeous King falls view room. Everyone from check-in to check-out was extremely friendly. We opted out of the room cleaning on Saturday, and were rewarded with $5 at the onsite Starbucks- that was a nice treat! I enjoyed an amazing massage and pedicure at the onsite spa. Such a beautiful spa, also with amazing views. The treatments were very thorough, professional and of course enjoyable. We ate at the onsite Fallsview Buffet for breakfast and it had a decent selection of the regular breakfast contenders (nothing stood out as exceptional or awful- just decent), however, it did include a fabulous omelette bar + crepes & waffles- those were all delicious! Really made the price worth it! We also enjoyed eating at the attached Hard Rock Cafe twice, and had the same waitress each time, who was fantastic. Really liked that on this frigid weekend, I didn't have to bundle up once because everything we wanted to do was located within the complex! We're looking forward to returning in a few years with the kids- We enjoyed the arcade & indoor mini golf, and imagine they will once they are old enough. There is also an indoor waterpark onsite. I think that this hotel complex really manages to hit the mark for both a couples getaway and for families with small kids!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Have stayed here several times and most of those times no problems, however this time very disappointing. Arrived for a 2 night stay in our Deluxe Falls View room and to my horror my bed sheets were dirty and had to request housekeeping to change. Then upon checkout we were charged for Valet Parking which we never used! This charged was, when I pointed it out, rectified. I feel for the money we paid for our Deluxe Falls View room these types of mistakes should not happen, in fact in no hotel should this happen but under the "Sheraton" name especially so!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cat080
DonCNiagaraFalls, General Manager at Sheraton on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hello Cat 080

Thanks for your continued patronage - we appreciate frequent, repeat guests. I sincerely apologize for our housekeeping short coming but glad we were able to correct it in a timely manner. Thanks Don

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here hoping for a nice room to use as a home base to explore Niagara. Room had nice big windows that we enjoyed watching the American falls at night but the room was overall not up to standards. Bathroom was not well cleaned, messages in the bathroom mirror when the steam hit it, 1 tissue in the cleaner box, and I cut my foot open on a large 1"by1" piece of broken glass on the floor. Went down to the lobby with it to get a bandaid and the staff shrugged and asked if I would like 1 or 2 band aids, gave them to me, then walked away. When I mentioned this at check out they compensated me by putting extra points on a members card that I don't use - butt hey said that's all they can do. At least that person had me fill out an official complaint form something the first person never mentioned. The breakfast was extremely expensive so we never ate there.
I would not return. If this is how the rooms are cleaned I definitely would not recommended going there with kids who may play on the floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle J

Hello Michelle
Noticed this review was from a stay from a year ago? It's hard for me to follow up on feedback that long ago - hopefully you can contact our guest service team 9053744445 and to provide more details on your date of stay, room number etc. We value feedback so we can use it to improve our guest experience. thanks Don

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was definitely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in!!!! I loved every minute of my stay there and it was made even better at reception on check-in when Melissa, fabulous staff member, was able to accommodate our request to have our rooms (all 5) on the same floor and she even pulled off a feat that everyone else says is impossible - she put us all in a row! When travelling as a group of women it is more comfortable to be close to your travel buddies so we can check in on each other and be close by for quick visits :)
The rooms were amazing and I have never had such a wonderful room to stay in! I would definitely recommend this location to everyone because my group calls me the Travel Gnome and it far exceeded my standards check!!!!

Room Tip: Pick Falls view if you can because the view is incredible!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello Jo-Anne or should I call you the Travel Gnome! Thanks for your great review... many hotels to choose from in Niagara but as you mentioned - cleanest, gorgeous views and amazing rooms along with staff like Melissa! Thanks, I'll share your review with the team and personally point it out to Melissa - she will be very happy to see her name published. thanks again, Don