Check in was relatively smooth, we had reserved falls view rooms booked through Canadian Affair. I asked if our party of four could have a high floor to take in the view and we are SPG members, Michael explained that our category only had views of the American Falls however for a small supplement for $20 per night we could have a higher deluxe room. So we were only there for three days we upgraded and paid the extra.
Definitely worth the money, the 18th floor was on the SPG floor, the rooms were a very good quality, the carpets and furnishings all very good. We were allocated 1876 however if you can get 1870, 1872 etc these would be slightly nearer the front side of the building. The beds are very very comfortable and the dressing gowns very welcome, there was also a fridge to store your drinks, fruit etc.
Starbucks in the foyer was great for a coffee on the run but closed quite early. Parking is expensive at $20 per day you may find cheaper elsewhere but then you have to walk further to your car, I do believe if you join the players club in the Casino and play every day that the car parking is free and I think they share the same car park. However not sure how to arrange that, we paid the hotel as it was convenient for us.
Location is superb for the falls a short walk down the hill and you are at the Maid of the Mist terminal and a lovely walk right along the river to Table Rock.
We preferred the casino at the far end above the Canadian Falls next to the Marriott, very large and just like Las Vegas, we had dinner at Shoeless Joes situated at the entrance. Very nice food and service but we had to wait a long time for the food to arrive, good menu choice and nice dark booths with TV's showing sport etc. (Husband watched the US Open !!!)
We purchased the Adventure Pass for $46.95 which included Maid of the Mist, White Water Walk, Journey Behind the Falls and Niagara's Fury. Excellent value for money but Maid of the Mist is the one not to miss.
If you fancy some great shopping go over the Rainbow Bridge to the US, fabulous Fashion Outlet Mall around half an hour drive. The area around the mall is pretty desolate but the Mall is excellent and the taxes are a lot lower than Canada. Be warned though that Customs and Border Control will ask you to go in to the building and be checked with passports etc if you have only purchased a flight into Canada, you need to pay $6 pp Entry Fee into the US. Worth it as the shopping is brilliant, we were unaware of this legal side and we were pretty scared for a while but the officers explained everything that they were doing etc.
One mention to the Sheraton staff to Laura on the front desk, she was extremely helpful and friendly, She recommended a Restaurant called Antica at the top of Clifton Hill, brilliant choice and she also printed off directions to the Mall in the US.
Clifton Hill is full of toot and quite tacky but the majesty of the falls far outweighs this. Go to Tim Hortons for breakfast Oatmeal is great and the doughnuts are delicious too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelPower and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton