“Business Conference”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Michigan
“Business Conference”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Check-in was quick, easy and correct. Property was clean and well maintained. Room was a nice size...falls-view (worth the view if you want to spend the money), clean, and relatively quiet (once I unplugged the small refrigerator, which was humming just above the threshold that might be annoying to some; since I didn't plan to use it, easiest solution was to turn it off). Two other minor inconveniences - there were only two clothing drawers (although reasonable closet space, but a lot of things don't go into a closet) and the toilet would not flush completely unless I held the handle down until the flush bottomed-out - a relatively minor inconvenience, which the manager said he would fix (however, I didn't bother reporting it until I departed, so have no way of knowing if it was fixed). I didn't care for the $15 per day (plus tax) Internet access fee. The manager told me they're eliminating it by summer's end (incorporating it into the cost of the room). While this might sound like an unhappy review, it isn't. Overall my experience was very good to excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,118)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Barrie
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed two nights at the Sheraton. We have been there before. I reread the reviews and were surprized that they were not very good because everytime we went it was awesome. This time we did notice the front desk staff were not very friendly and there was a huge line up to check in. Also one of the nights our top bed spread looked like it was not washed, although we did not complain as we are not overly picky people. To me these are minor things and we would come back and visit again. The room views, location and waterpark are not to be beat.

Room Tip: The fallsview rooms are the best. Dont expect a free upgrade if they are overbooked you get what you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our travel agent had booked a "falls view room" for us several months ago so naturally when checking in I did not think to ask whether the room allocated to us was a falls view room! When we got to the room we found the window looked out onto a brick wall. Although I rang customer services at the hotel, the problem only got sorted when I rang our travel agent in England on my mobile at great expenses. We were very lucky he answered the phone as it was Friday evening in UK and he rang the hotel and very quickly the problem was sorted. We eventually were given a room on 16th floor overlooking the falls which was lovely but the whole checking in fiasco rather spoilt the whole experience as we had wasted several valuable hours of our stay.
The staff were all extremely helpful particularly the guys on the concierge desk.

Room Tip: Check with reception staff that the room you are allocated is what you had booked
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed April 29, 2013

When I checked in, I was told that I was upgraded to a better view. That was obviously not true -- a rooftop, climbing wall, and Dracula's house is about the worst view you can get.

My bathroom was not cleaned well prior to check-in (there was obvious hair and film in bathtub. Towels are extremely thin and of poor quality. There were very few electrical outlets in room which makes getting ready in the morning very difficult. Room was cold at night and too warm in the morning and the thermostat did not seem to do anything. Furniture had cracks and window curtains did not slide correctly. I would have thought that Housekeeping Staff may have reported these issues to maintenance, but apparently that's not a priority.

The worst thing was the constant sound of the elevators going up and down all day and night. I wasn't even directly next to the elevator yet I could hear the elevators going up and down. It was difficult to sleep and added stress. In addition, walls are really thin (I could hear the people above me walking and talking, the people beside me, and the numerous people passing in the hall).

The first night of my stay, I was woken around 4 AM by a screeching alarm. It took the staff at least 5 minutes to come on the intercom to tell guests to stay in room and then another 10-15 minutes to say problem was fixed. They never offered any further explanation, but I later found out that several rooms had flooded. You think you would offer some explanation to guests who were concerned for their health and safety.

Housekeeping staff cleaned rooms at all times of the day -- including late at night (10 PM). They don't try to be quiet and are extremely rude and noisy which is completely unacceptable late in the evening.

I inquired about dining options with the Concierge staff. They were extremely unhelpful to the point of being rude. I would suggest adding menus in the rooms -- people might actually eat at the restaurants then. Train your concierge staff to be pleasant -- I witnessed them being very rude to several other guests too.

My bill was incorrect when I checked out -- parking was added for all nights. This was removed, but it took time and I still don't know if I am really going to be charged correctly. $15 for wireless internet is completely outrageous. I travel a lot for business and detest when hotels charge for what should be a free service (and then add a tax on top!). I happen to know that the cheaper sister accomodation Skyline Inn had free internet. You should offer the wireless for free for your guests which are paying more!

Also hotel is by Clifton Hill and is separated by a bit of a distance from most of the other Niagara Falls attractions. If you want to be by a fun park (arcades and fun houses) and waterpark, stay here! If not, stay clear!

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators and bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

my husband and I were given one of the ultimate couple packages for one night.
we arrived at the hotel about 3.15 and were checked into our room 2167 on the 21st clear view of both the American and Canadian falls. it was beautiful. could see for miles. the room was fine. bathroom was average but clean and well stocked with towels and soap and shampoos. our room had a small sofa that faced the fireplace and alittle balconey, which was nice. room just to stand.
we had a king size bed and it was amazing. so soft we just sunk into the bed. after along day of walking and going around it was perfect.
we had a 20.00 coupon for the buffet restaurant which I don't think was a good deal although the food was good it was 34.99 each. I thought alittle expensive. we received a voucher for two drinks at the bar which we forgot to use and something free form herseys which I was to tired to walk to after along day. but in another review some got cupcakes???? my fav. should of made the effort to walk down. lol.
all in all it was a wonderful day. I like this hotel and would go back again if they had a really good rate. oh.. rates for parking were 20. if you parked yourself or 30. for valet parking. location is the best. everything is right around you. go and enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philly
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Ultimate Couples Experience as it was only $10 more than the deluxe room we wanted. They give you a lot of extras, and we didn't get the chance to use them all. We did take advantage of the 2 free cocktails at the lobby bar (not the Hard Rock as the offer claims)' the $40 voucher for the Rainbow Room which is the subject of another review, the free Hershey gift (2 free cupcakes-amazing). We had a falls view room on the 14th floor. It was spacious enough, well equipped, Starbucks in the room, and clean. My only complaint is that the glass topped tables, and the remote were VERY dusty. Need some white glove inspection in the rooms from housekeeping management. Maybe the carpets are holding a lot of dust and need to be shampooed? Aside from that, the view was breathtaking, beds super comfy, all else beautiful. Gorgeous gardens right outside front door to meander through, as well as the falls right in front of us. And an adorable gift shop to the left of the gardens called The Secret Garden. We had a great and inexpensive breakfast there, and the gift shop and restaurant staff are really nice and helpful. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie A
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We drove cross country for that spectacular view and don't regret it. We took the Maid of the Mist tour, got soaked , the wind was brutal, and laughed til we cried. It was loads of fun. Didn't care for the hotel buffet, not much of a selection, too pricey.

• Stayed April 2013