“Loved the View!”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto
“Loved the View!”
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I really enjoyed my suite overlooking Niagara Falls. The wall of glass gave me an uninterrupted view and I was close enough to hear the roar of the falls and feel the spray in the air. A suite includes a great round jacuzzi-style bathtub with a television and a fireplace in the sitting area adjacent to the bed. I thought the food was excellent and enjoyed the use of the spa, exercise room and swimming pool. The location is central to all of the most popular Niagara Falls attractions like the casino and Madame Tussaud's.

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,128)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2008

If you will be staying in presidential suite, or "fall view" room you might be happy. We stayed in "no view" rooom, which felt like a jail cell. There was no daylight at all, the room was extra small, with tiny bathroom. I could not justify paying $159 for that. Even a half of that would be too much. Next day we were upgraded to city view, which was a little nicer and a little bigger, had a daylight, but the bathroom was still tiny, barely can turn around. The kids were disappointed with the pool, only 3 feet deep, small, not like on the pictures at all. After trying to swim in it for 15 minutes, they gave up, and disappointed returned in the room. The fallview restaurant was pretty good, but not great. The stuff was kind of nice, with some arrogant overtones. Overall, I will not stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — Hotel location
  • Disliked — Felt like a jail room, no windows, no daylight
2 Thank travelerd2
New York
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Stayed four times previously for business, with no complaints. Took a long weekend and stopped at SOF for two nights. Temperature outside was in the 80's, but air conditioning had not been turned on in hotel, so room was extremely warm and humid. Told air is not turned on until the summer. Also, internet charges of $15/day, parking $20/day, $10/day for fitness room, restaurant expensive, etc....all adds up. Great location right next to falls and near waterpark, attractions and casino. Great service, but valet, bellhop, room service and housekeeping tips also add up. Would think twice about staying for personal reasons. Also, be sure to request the newer part of the hotel (floors 14+).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Climate and fees
Home
Reviewed April 29, 2008

In short...my stay was 5 star! Every aspect of my stay was far exceeded by the friendly, courteous, and professional staff at the Sheraton on the Falls! I look forward to having my wedding at the hotel and have my family experience the same top notch treatment that I received. I'm still talking about my trip to Niagara Falls, but can't get past the stellar treatment I received at this hotel! Maybe one day I well eventually tell my family and friends how much I enjoyed the Falls! Kudos to all of you...you definitely made my stay comfortable, enjoyable, affordable, and I anticipate future visits (especially to celebrate my wedding)!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Bettie

• Liked — Cleanliness of Hotel and professional staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Wonderful people work at the Sheraton from the desk staff to the housekeeping staff - everybody was very cheerful!

• Stayed April 2008
Philadelphia, PA area
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My family stayed at the Sheraton on the Falls this last weekend. I arranged for a room with a "superior" view and ended up on the 19th floor.

Booking: Before you finalize that reservation you're making through one of the myriad travel websites, be sure to FIRST check out Starwood's main site (they own Sheraton, Westin, etc...). I found a BETTER package ("family" deal with snack for my kid + a free movie viewing in a "superior" falls view room) at a CHEAPER price right on Starwood's site. Additionally, along the way, you can enroll (for free) for their preferred customer program (which has some benefits, i.e. free access to steam-room/sauna) and, by booking through Starwood, your cancellation options are FAR better than most travel sites (right up to check-in, if I recall).

Parking: They have plenty of temporary parking spots for registering customers. Pull on up, give 'em your luggage if you want, give up your car keys, and go inside and register. If you opt for "self parking" they'll direct you to a lot about a block away (costs $10) and you'll have to move your car there after check-in. If you do the "valet parking", it's $20 charged to your room (+ tip, you cheapskates!).

Check-in: I actually got a "trainee" for my check-in. He got that deer-in-the-headlights look a few times and consulted his supervisor, but, in the end, made sure everything was correct. As I said before, I ended up on the 19th floor. They gave me the standard two keys, a ticket for a "free snack" for my kid (the boy chose a large chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks), and informed me that my first in-room movie "rental" would be free (saw Cloverfield...awesome). At the time of booking I had asked for "early check-in" because we were arriving at around noon. Even though the hotel was [reportedly] full the night before, they had no problem hooking me up with early check-in. Of course, if it were not available, they would have looked after our luggage and we'd have had to kill some time in town prior to check-in. No biggie. Overall, check-in was ***** - the trainee will be fine once he accumulates some confidence.

The Room - Two sets of elevators - only one of them will get you to the upper floors. No biggie - they had an attendant that was seemingly there full-time to steer people in the right direction. Arrived, and room was clean and actually smelled GOOD. Everything was in order. Message on the phone from the front desk welcoming me (not a recorded message). View was AMAZING (see attached photos). Very cool thing is that the window OPENS on every floor (yes, it is safe...bars are there to keep even the stupid people alive). Sleeping to the falls' "white noise" was absolutely awesome. I didn't get a room with a buffed-out marble bathroom and whatnot, but it was still very nice. Curiously, a "fire place" was there, too. No use for that this time of year, though. Ice machine was busted, but at least it was labeled as such and the sign directed you to the next floor (no biggie). Beds were very comfortable. We tested them out early (after checking out the falls and behind the fall) for a nap because we had started driving at 5am that morning. Alarm clock did its job and got us up in time for dinner.

Restaurant: I am not sure if this is part of the package I had or because of my "preferred customer" thing, but if I went to dinner between 5:00-6:30pm, my kid ate for free (as long as we purchased at least one adult meal, of course). The Falls View restaurant is on its own floor - technically the 13th floor, but it is not labeled as such because of superstitious people, I guess. Just push the FV button in the elevator. Anyway, we went for the dinner buffet. It wasn't cheap ($35/adult), but it was very, very good. The atmosphere was awesome - live piano music was a nice touch. You can reserve a "window" table, but even the non-window ones give great views. Be careful, though - drinks (i.e. soda, iced tea, etc...) are not included in the buffet price and from what I can tell from the receipt, only the first re-fill is free (?). The food, as I said, was awesome. It is a very diverse buffet highlighted by roast prime rib and what were pretty tasty crab legs. The desert area was dangerously good. They had a separate set of tables where it appeared they put together hot pasta dishes to-order (pasta, red or white sauce, with added "toppings" meats and vegetables, all heated together in a skillet). It looked and smelled good, but we didn't notice it until we'd already eaten a lot.

Pool: Wife and kid went to the pool...I went to the casino. I should have gone to the pool, but I digress. It was small and shallow, but they had fun. It is on the 14th floor, so it is easy to get to (I hate having to wander through hotel lobbies to get to their pool...but might just be me). It is open from 7am-10pm and is unattended, so be careful with that. There were "adult hours" (nobody under 18 allowed in) in the morning - like between 9-11am, I think. They have abundant pool towels there, so don't worry about bringing down a room towel.

Casino: You can get to many places (Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, casino, indoor water park, etc...) without going outside, which is cool. Just go to the Upper Lobby ("UL" elevator button) and there you have it. I decided that I had $100 burning a hole in my pocket. On the second floor of the casino, I found a good number of $10 and $15 blackjack tables. They were staffed by friendly enough people and dealt from "infinite chutes" (Rainman, denied). I got my butt kicked. Casino was fine...my play wasn't. End of that story.

Location: It is across from the American Falls. Most of the other hotels (including the OTHER Sheraton) are by the Horseshoe Falls. I like this location better. The main street that this hotel sits upon is where EVERYTHING is. Be warned - if you have brat kids you can't say no to and who scream and cry a lot, you will HATE the location. I mean, seriously, there are 500 places and things that they'll be like, "Ooooo! I want to do X...!". Anyway, when it is time to hit the falls, simply walk along the nice, paved tourist sidewalk all the way along the river down to the Horseshoe Falls. The only thing that is open off-season (season starts in mid-June) was the Walk-Behind-The-Falls, but it was still pretty awesome.

This is an awesome hotel in an awesome location. It is not the cheapest around, but I found it to be worth every penny.

• Liked — Service and location
  • Disliked — Pool wasn't exactly amazing.
3 Thank Impugn
Cramlington Northumberland
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Stayed two nights on our way from Washington to New York.
Hotel accommodation fine,clean room,decent food in the penthouse restaurant.
The only fault was the tourist shops and the Starbuck Cafe attached to the main hotel lobby.

Stayed April 2008