“Pricey but awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cleveland, Ohio
“Pricey but awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had an absolutely awesome experience in Niagara Falls thanks largely to this hotel. Being a family hotel, it had advantages and disadvantages. The advantages were the indoor access to the water park/arcade/etc., kids eat free at nice buffet, and not being the only ones in swimsuits walking through the place. The disadvantage was the noise from our neighbors, which was handled professionally by hotel staff. Aside from that aspect of the hotel, it was also superb in its location and views. Right on Clifton Hills within (short) walking distance of all sorts of attractions including the *highly recommended* (but again rather pricey) Maid of the Mist boat tour. The views from the room and restaurant were fantastic as well. All in all, I would absolutely stay here again--just make sure you're prepared for the bill.

Room Tip: While the falls view rooms are unbelievable, you might be able to save some dough by taking a city v...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank considerthis24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,985)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Osnabruck, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our visit to the falls was ok for a congress meeting The hotel is in a great location and has great views of the falls (if you are lucky to get a room with a view). As the hotel is connected to a lot of things including the waterpark, the Coke and Hershey Stores and opens up to the bottom of Clifton Hill, there are lots of people around. The rooms were ok. Nothing special and in my opinion a little below a Sheraton level. The furniture was dated and the room had a musty smell. It was clean though, so no complaints there. My main complaint was the lack of staff on the front desk. We waited literally 25 minutes in line to check in and 20 minutes in line to check out. The line was huge and a bus had just arrived so all staff were dealing with that and ignoring the guests in line. Service issues aside, it was a great weekend and a great congress due to the location is the best feature of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

i travelled for a weekend to the Falls with my two teenage daughters and we stayed the one night here. The lobby is very nice and staff was friendly enough. Our room was adequate and clean and the beds comfortable. However their minibar prices were outrageous.. a bottle of water was $6 ! my one daughter almost grabbed some candy and a water bottle until she noticed the price. i was a little annoyed and did not want to pay that much so we bought water or drank out of the tap . YUCK. The pool was okay but very very crowded so i didnt swim. The outside roof top pool was much better and the view terrific of the falls. The hotel is close to everything.. right in the thick of it and across the street from the falls so i would indeed recommend it for a night or two. I paid for internet and was billed each time I accessed it .. which was corrected by staff upon leaving. Had I been in a hurry and not checked my bill i would of been billed. As well a week later my credit card was billed $34 from Sheraton.. I still dont know what for to this day and i was very upset about it. I would recommend it but check your bill.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JackieCadorette
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have done multiple conferences in this area and always choose this property. After looking at the other hotels in the area this one simply has the best staff, service and proximity to the lovely walking path along the falls. The rooms that face the falls are obviously the best and when you open the door the sound of the rushing water is amazing. During the day the view is magnificent but later as darkness falls the lights appear on the water and you can still enjoy the vista! Rooms are needing a bit of an update as I have noticed over the 10 years that they are getting a wee bit tired but overall it is your best choice in the area. Also ate at the restaurant for breakfast which not only offers one of the best views of the falls anywhere, but the buffet was terrific. The made to order omelets were scrumptious. Parking is expensive...$19 self park and $30 for valet. I would definitely self park as it isn't too far to walk and you can access it without going outside although it takes a bit of work. Great property!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better views but anything over the 12th floor requires that you take the 'wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed for 2 days to show my kids their first look at the falls. Parking is a nightmare..so congested and the vallet parking wasen't available...apparently, the room I booked didnt have a window....so I had to pay an additional $30 to get a room WITh a window.....wierdest thing I have ever heard. There was something going on, so it took over 10 minutes to get on the elevator since one elevator wasen't working at the time.
SO ALL IN ALL, $20 parking, $15 for internet, $30 for a room with a window....I recommend a hotel further away from clifton hill...DEFINATELY stay away from this one!

Room Tip: MAke sure at time of booking that they dont try the "room without window" scam..they just...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Falls Hotel, and after looking at all the different hotels on offer none can match this for the views from ones room of the Falls from the Canadian side.The hotel is situated right as you exit the Rainbow Bridge from the USA. It offers valet parking but if costs don't matter then you won't worry but to those on a budget it is expensive. The rooms facing the Falls offer a spectacular view especially at night when the light show up the Falls and the higher your room the better the view. The restaurants in the hotel are good and thew buffet is a good start to the day especially if you have little children who dine for free.
The hotel is close to one of the Casinos in the same complex, Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock and a few others plus downstairs is a Starbucks for those coffee addicts.

Room Tip: Ensure you book a Falls View Room the corner suites are bigger but more expensive do not get a room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colonel1957
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was at the Sheraton for a short visit to Niagara Falls on Thursday April 5, 2012 with my husband and since I had never seen the Falls from above or rented a Falls View Hotel before I thought why not. Entering the hotel I was surprised at the darkness of the place, having already been greeted by several people I walked up to the counter where I asked for a falls view room. The lady proceeded to give me a price on a single queen bed room with the view. I almost fell over when she showed me the price 179$ for the single night. Does “Holiday” mean empty your bank account or load up your credit cards at the Sheraton - The answer is YES. Read why...

Now so you know I had done my research and found that "package". I had not reserved thinking Hotels do know when packages are out and what kind of packages are out there and they compensate in some ways for not having reserved in advance. Well NOT the Sheraton. They didn’t even blink at the fact I knew of the packages and how much it would cost me. They didn’t even offer anything that would want me to stick around.

Here is the package you can still get online if you look it up…
Comfortable, spacious accommodations
$40 voucher for Falls view Dining at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar overlooking Niagara Falls or it may be used at T.G.I. Friday’s (transportation included)
Casino, Falls & Attraction Shuttle passes for use throughout your stay
2 Queen Bed City view Room - Connected to Falls view Casino by Indoor Walkway

ALL THIS for $129.95... as far as I know that is 50$ less with some very good perks that I could of certainly used while on my stay to view the Falls, relax with my husband, enjoy the time alone with him.

I have to admit that the bed was comfortable the view was amazing even from the furthest corner of the Hotel. The bathtub was so old you had the used marks at the bottom and it wasn’t draining quickly enough. I found long black hair in my towels. The towels were hard and so rough on the ski. The counter was dirty and dusty. The noise from running kids and close closing was like if they were coming out of our own room absolute insufficient noise reduction. I was very disappointed to a point of almost turning around and walking out and away.

Every Hotel offers free internet now why not the Sheraton? Internet = 15$ per day. What about parking? You pay a room but also have to pay parking I guess parking is at a premium in Niagara Falls. Regular parking = 20$ where you have to walk about a half mile to get too it and parking with valet = 30$, add all this on top of the regular room price. Like WOW… just WOW. Oh and don’t’ forget the taxes… not only 13% no it is boosted up to 16%. Oh and here I was going to forget 1.25$ for a local phone call where when we called to order out, we were told that the restaurant in particular could not deliver to this Hotel. We would have to go pick it up for 10% off the cost.

Not impressed, outraged and over priced and lack of customer service to a prime location is simply unsatisfying as a clients.

Any thoughts on the delightful basket in the room and how we have to call 15 minutes in advance for them to “check” if nothing was taken from it, completely useless overpriced items. I had to wait about 30 minutes in the Lobby before checking out, after I had called them at least 15 minutes in advance.

You make your own ideas on what is and what isn’t but I find that good customer service would have been to offer me that deal even if I had not done my reservation and perhaps I would have stayed longer. (I would of taken 2 nights if they had offered me the deal) Well that was my intentions but at that price I found something else for my second night of relaxation with my husband. Far Far away from the expensive Sheraton Hotel.

Simply unbelievable for a short stay or mini vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple