In early March, we booked a two night water park package with the stay starting a few days before Easter. I was happy with the rate we got at this caliber of hotel considering we had access to the water park from check in until 3pm on day of check out. However, it ended up being more than I had expected.
The positives about this hotel were: 1)The room. The "partial view" 3rd floor room actually had quite a spectacular view of the American Falls and the pretty garden just in front of the hotel. I thought I would be disappointed in not having a full falls view, but I was more than satisfied and you could even open the window for the best view. The sitting area w/fireplace was nice and cozy. The room was clean, the shower was nice and the bathroom even had it's own TV. Totally impractical, but impressive non the less. 2) Location. Super short walk to view the American Falls up close and a nice stroll to the Horseshoe Falls. Also, there was indoor access to the waterpark (which was actually a block away, but not a bad walk) and to the casino. The adjoining arcade type area was lame, but we had free passes to bumper cars, indoor minigolf and the 4D experience. These things seemed like they would have been a rip off if you paid for them (example $6 per person for 5 minutes on the bumper cars). 3) The staff. Everyone we encountered was nice and helpful.
The downsides: 1) The beds. Anything that hard cannot possibly be called a "sweet sleeper bed". The bedding itself was nice though. 2) Prices!! The rate we got was quoted Canadian and the American exchange rate illustrated on the booking page would have put the price lower. However, at the time we stayed, the exchange rate was not favorable. We ended up paying about 10% more than the quoted Canadian rate for everything charged on our credit card. I had heard the hotel restaurants were pricey so we ate at the Hard Rock, $65 for modest dinner for 4 (incl 2 kids). Ended up being charged at $78 w/tip and unfavorable exchange rate. Breakfast at Perkins was $50 for 4 (two being kids meals), nothing fancy and we would have paid $20 for a similar breakfast at Bob Evans in OH. This is partially my fault for not investingating the exchange rate before we went, but my goodness. Parking is $18 to self park and $28 for valet. I had read that somewhere and had expected it. Parking is a premium anywhere near the Falls so no big deal on that. My suggestion is to do your homework on pricing so there are no surprises.
The kids didn't care for the waterpark, so we only went once. I thought it was nice and had many options for slides. The staff works hard to make sure things are running smoothly (although we were there at a slow time). It might be a different story if it was packed. One last comment, if I was staying w/ my husband only and wanted a quiet, romantic place I would avoid this hotel and Clifton Hill as it is geared toward families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA/CAA 4-Diamond Sheraton on the Falls hotel offers the largest, most luxurious Fallsview accommodations in Niagara Falls, Canada. Located directly across from Niagara Falls and in the heart of the tourist district, the hotel features the best views of the Falls which are showcased by the floor to ceiling windows in all Fallsview rooms & suites. Sheraton is also home to outstanding guest services & amenities which include two new fallsview dining experiences; the 4-Diamond award winning Windows by Jamie Kennedy and the Fallsview Buffet. In addition, the hotel offers the breathtaking new Christienne Fallsview Spa, and indoor connections to the attractions, dining, and entertainment located on the 20 acre Falls Avenue Resort including Casino Niagara, and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton on the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Sheraton Falls
- Sheraton Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Sheraton