“Smokers corner”

Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had to depart early from our trip at this hotel,my 4 yr old son and myself fell very ill due to excessive smoking in nearby rooms that are labelled non smoking. The air quality is excessively below average in this hotel,factor in smoking by adjoining neibours and you could only imagine,trapped air stays stagment and has no place to travel as ventilation is poor in rooms and hallways. This hotel oversprays additives to absorb their musky smell. We were to stay thurs to sun but departed on sat due to tobacco use next door. My opinion is this hotel lies to their customers and allows their smoking customers to smoke in non smoking rooms when their desperate to sell rooms. Its a day later right now and my lungs still burn,and my son is still ill. Why would they put a family at risk with a child on a smokers floor? Atleast one other family was sent up their too on tha 5th floor. Was it because we had a dealfind voucher???? Makes no sense!!!

Room Tip: I guess make sure your given a room without smokers on the groung floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank tom k
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your comments! Our fifth floor has 6 smoking rooms at the end of the hall so we do not offer Smokers Non Smoking rooms. I checked our records and we had no guest complain about too much smoke on our 5th floor during the dates of your stay. We will gladly move any guest to another floor should they request so while staying with us. We also do not spray our hotel with anything other then cleaners to clean our hotel. Guests who are Deal find, Jaunt etc are treated no differently then any other guest that stays with us. We run deals to promote our hotel and offer a deal to guests who wish to make a visit to Niagara Falls. Should you wish to speak with me directly I would be happy to speak with you via telephone 905 354 1849 or email gm.cn167@choicehotels.com

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Musty smell in the room, beds extremely comfortable to sleep on but poor quality linens. Same smell in hallways. Long lineup for checkin because of Dealfind coupons. IHOP restaurant foor is good, service is good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaveK009
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I just want to say that the Hotel itself was good, the room was good.

But the gentleman who was working at the front desk from Dec 26 to 27, 2012 was extremely terrible.

I arrived at the hotel around 11 am on Dec 26, 2012 and I ask the gentleman who was working at the front desk when was the earliest time that I was able to check in. He told me to come back at around 2 pm.
When I arrive at 2:25 pm, to my surprise he told me that the check in time was 3 pm and he also told me that he probably didn't talk to me and he did not recollect the conversation that we had 3 hours ago. Actually when I arrived at 11 am I talk to this particular gentleman for a couple of minutes.
I am not demanding that a front desk staff should remember every customer's face, but if he can say that I can come back at around 2 pm for check in, it means that he should have known for a fact that a customer can check in at around 2 pm. So if he knows that the check in time was 3 pm then why he told me earlier that I can come back at around 2 pm for check in.

That is why I was so surprised when I met him again, he completely denied that we have ever talked to each other. His demeanour was unfriendly towards myself as a paying customer.

The next day when I check out, I was again served by the same gentleman at the front desk, and I ask him if I can get a receipt, because I did not receive any receipt when they took an imprint of my credit card at check in.
In a very unfriendly way, he told me that I should have gotten a receipt yesterday, but I told him that I did not receive anything, and again he raised his tone at me and told me that I should have gotten the receipt.
I ask if I can get another copy since I did not receive any receipt, and right away he just told me "No!".
As a customer I felt that I was treated with disrespect and no sense of good customer service, he did not try to do something that can help me as a customer.
If he wants to provide me with a good customer service, he can try and say, " Let me see what I can do to help you " but he did not do that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ricky W
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry should I or one of my staff have forgot who you were when you came to the hotel at 11am and then at 2pm to check in. On December 26, 2012 which is boxing day the day you had checked into our hotel, we were 100% rented and with the Ihop restaurant onsite and outlet mall next door bringing in guests we had hundreds and hundreds of familes come thru our doors between 7:am and 5:pm. It is very possible we could have not remembered your face and sir this was not done for a reason it sometimes happens when we are dealing with such a large volume of guests in our building within a short time. Our check in is 3pm or after which is standard within our city and yes we do tell people they can TRY after 2pm but we can only confirm a 3pm or after check in. I understand you wanted a copy of your billing also as I read in your comments. Your reservation was made thru DEALFIND and they had billed you not the hotel direct as far as a credit card we ask for one upon check in as a security deposit and in your case everything was left in great condition so we would have a reason to bill you for anything. (Pehaps I am mis understanding what it is you are looking for as far as billing) I am happy you commented that the hotel itself was nice and clean but you were unhappy witth staff and you are the customer and have a right to grade us as you see it. I would hope you could re visit your comment and grade as your comment states. Should you wish to discuss your feelings and your stay with me directly I would be happy to speak with you via telephone 905 354 1849 or by email gm.cn167@choicehotels.com which one works best for you.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would have given it an average 3 star except that we were up on the top floor , 5th floor and there were kids running around while, banging on doors, slamming doors from 9pm to 10pm. I tried to call front desk to complain but no one picked up the phone. My husband found the bed too soft while it was ok for me. Location is great if you intend to shop at the outlet next door. Indoor pool looked nice but we did not use it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hwzzy

Hello and Thank you for your comments,

It does not state the dates of your stay so I am not aware who you are to speak to you directly about your issues. I am guessing you stayed with us during the Christmas 26/27 holiday's?
We did have alot of families staying with us during this time and yes sometimes others do not watch their children and be respectful of others. You mentioned you called our front desk and no one answered! This can happen we try very hard to answer every call that comes in but at times we are very busy and are not able to answer every call (rare) but happens. Sometimes we are tied up making a booking , handling other guests needs etc but I assure you that should you have tried back we would have taken care of your problem. Please in the future if satying with our hotel or any other please try to connect again or visit us at the front desk as we are open 24 hours a day. In regards to the bedding everyone has their own comfort you liked the soft but your husband didn't all our bedding brand is choice hotel approved based on the avg guests needs. Yes thank you for the nice comment about our pool it is a very nice area and all our guests seem to enjoy our clean inviting pool area. I am providing my email address for you should you wish speak to me directly about your stay.

gm.cn167@choicehotels.com

Reviewed December 19, 2012

very nice hotel that i reviewed recentely erroring when I said no fitness room was available. there is. this hotel is very reasonable pricewise, clean , quiet, and comfortable. it has an attached restaurant, pool, and, yes , a work out room. my room was modern with all new ammenities. The location is not downtown by the falls, but it is handy to the main highway and lots of shops and places to eat. all in all, for the price, it is a great deal for a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: bring your gym shoes......
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank npi888
Comfortcn167GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lundy's Lane, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Hello,

Thank you very much the the Positive review. I am sure while staying with us, you had a chance first hand to see how we value our hotel and the guests that stay with us. We welcome you back anytime you are visiting the falls area.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just stayed there last night, updated decor, clean rooms, halls etc, nice pool & hot tub
good rate (off season ) right beside factory outlet, city shuttle out front. I would stay there anytime
Good restaurant for breakfast near by Falls manor restaurant

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is far from everything except the outlet mall, which is right beside it. The rooms are average hotel rooms with very outdated televisions and they have very limited and random channels. For example they have two canadian stations, and a ton of US channels. The housekeeping is ok, but if u look down in between where the bed and side table are, you might find garbage. I found sunflower seeds. Bathrooms are ok, the fan made a grinding noise if i left it on for too long. Oh, and the fan turns on when the light is on so u can imagine how irritating that was. There is a pool, its not bad. There is also a hot tub, which is never really hot, mostly luke warm. They dont tell u this but apparently they have a half dozen smoking rooms at the end of the hall on the fifth floor. We stayed across.from one.of them and reception didnt tell us until we comained that the hallway smelled awful. We were lucky that we were not allergic to the smoke. For the price point i would pass on this hotel and go closer to the strip, there are better and similarly priced hotels closer to the action and doesnt have smoking rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012