“Excellent location, for a budget price.”

Econo Lodge By the Falls
Ranked #89 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First I'll cover all the negatives:
- Bathtub didn't drain properly during shower. Shower made a high pitch squeaking noise.
- Room smelt of smoke upon entry (our fault - should have selected a non-smoking room).
- There was a single check in attendant and no a/c in the reception area (it took a while for her to check us in and it was a warm day).
- During the course of our stay I noticed a cigarette butt behind the single couch in our room, it was there for the whole 3 days we were there and the cleaning crew seemed to have missed in more than once.

Now for the positives:
- The location is awesome. Not on Clifton Hill but just on the neighboring Victoria Ave. You get to be in heart of the tourist area, without having to put up with the noise. For the price of the stay, this single detail alone made the stay worth it.
- The room was spacious and had 2 sinks (one in the washroom and one just outside).
- Other features were an indoor swimming pool, decent wifi and a hairdryer in the room.

Conclusion:
If you are looking for a place to sleep and park your bags for a budget price...you found it. I will definitely stay there again (but this time in a non smoking room).

Room Tip: Smoking rooms smell of smoke (not overpowering, but noticeable upon arrival).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sens_fan_TO

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The location is excellent, dab in the middle of the tourist area. The accommodation is on the basic side but perfectly adequate; the rooms are surprisingly large and well appointed. The price is right for the offered comfort level. WiFi is available throughout the hotel and offers decent speed. Parking is available and is free of charge. No breakfast (or more generally restaurant) is available on the premises, but such can be had literally next door. An indoor pool is offered. Staff is particularly friendly and helpful.

On the negative side: The bedsheets could have looked better: they were clean but crumpled as if somebody slept in them before. The bathroom fixtures could have been better maintained (the aerator of the sink faucet was missing in action, resulting in a... little Niagara every time said faucet was turned on). There is no soundproofing worth mentioning; one's experience depends thoroughly on how quiet people in adjoining rooms are. The area is also kind of noisy. WiFi has a multitude of blocked potrs including port 25 (SMTP).

Overall we did not get a 4-star experience but then we did not expect such either. What we got was more than decent accommodation and good value for our money. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The West-facing rooms on the ground floor are very dark due to the balcony being covered by a heavy...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SS_Que
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in Niagara Falls for five days, three of those days being the weekend. We found this hotel to be very reasonably priced for its location. We loved being just steps from Clifton Hill and all of the entertainment, attractions and restaurants, and this was especially nice because neither of us drive! The hotel room itself was immaculately clean (especially the bathroom) and I really liked that there were two sinks - one inside and one outside of the bathroom. The pool is large and clean and we were surprisingly the only two people in it! Another great feature of the hotel is the free wi-fi. We brought our laptop with us and it was great to be able to use it in our room and at no cost. The air conditioning units in the room are very modern and work very efficiently - I found that we didn't even need the air on for most of our stay. The staff here (especially one of the cleaning staff whose name I unfortunately do not know) are super nice and accommodating. This is a great hotel if you are going to Niagara for entertainment purposes and are looking to be close to everything without paying a ridiculous sum of money. I highly recommend the Econolodge!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank m j g
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights. Room was nice & clean. Able to park for free. Wi-fi. The location is great. Right next to Clifton Hills so we were able to walk down to the Falls. Good restaurants close by. We also visited the forts in Ft. Erie & Niagara-on-the-Falls while we were there. Everything was close enough to drive to from here. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jeriannw
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family, which includes two children, had a very good stay here. We enjoyed the pool. Parking was free. We had internet access. The room was clean and neat. The location was great for those interested in the Clifton Hills excitement. The front desk was helpful. There was no coffee in the morning, but that is about the only thing I missed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel was quite run down, but for the price I was not expecting much. There is a pool in one of the buildings, and the humidity in there does not do much for the carpet. The air conditioner was loud - but it is even in the pricey hotels. The employees were nice enough, but one of the two I spoke with was really uninformed about the attractions. For a last minute cheap weekend, I'd take this over not going at all.... but I really wish I could afford better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CorgiOrchid
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Overall it was a pleasant experience. The service was pretty good. I would suggest to them to have on more then one guest service representative on a Saturday. I believe that it would run a lot smoother and guests would not have to wait. The room was clean. I had no complaints there. I think that with a face lift, the hotel could raise their rates a little higher and make quite a bit of money. It is in an excellent location. Once you park, everything is right there. If you are going into Niagara Falls for the experience; and you do not want to spend a lot of money for a room; I would recommend Econolodge By The Falls. I want to also thank Beth, the general manager at Comfort Suites in Windsor, Ontario, for her recommendation. It is nice to see a independent franchises working together, to provide better service. Thank you again Choice Hotels.

Room Tip: Request exactly the type of room you want. Ask for an upgrade; its affordable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple