“Not worth the Money !!”

Ranked #108 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cambridge, On
“Not worth the Money !!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Check in went well for us. Staff was passable. We (my Dad, Mom, Sister & I stayed there overnight. YUK. Our room was ok, but Dad's was terrible. Black mold on the back wall and the room was very small & very squashy (under the stairwell) (we paid the same for both rooms) We checked in before Dad so we didn't realize their room would be any different from ours. But they were like night and day. I did talk to the front desk and was told - 1 - there was nothing they could do-they didn't have anymore rooms available and 2) they could give us back our money and we could find somewhere else to stay... but it was a long weekend - mid summer EVERY motel/hotel that was reasonable priced was full. And that's when they stopped talk and walked away, cuz they knew we didn't have an alternative. VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH EVERYTHING AFTER THAT.

Room Tip: there isn't any
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

RUN FAST AND FAR FAR FROM IT...
HOWEVER, IF YOU CAN STAND TO STAY THE NIGHT, THE BREAKFAST IS OKAY!
the room was dirty, and i didn't know shampoo can come like ketchup package.
don't stay, don't stay, dont stay

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny C
London, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I arrived here for my anniversary and walked into a room that was completely disgusting dry pee on toilet chairs dirty barely lights to see anything in the bathroom their was green tape on ceiling because of a leak we asked them to come clean bathroom again they did and was done in a second so no not really clean went to store to buy bleach to clean the bathroom at least as I was sitting their I knew their was no way I was putting my head on any part of this bed I felt dirty gross and to top it off we had the heart shaped tub and we had no hot water that was it for me we went back to them told them he said can I come see the room so showed him not to mention the people up stairs was going to come threw the ceiling need less to say we got are money back and left and come home to London not a anniversary I care to remember thanks DO NOT STAY HERE GROSS SO DIRTY

1 Thank Mary B
Coldwater, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My fault for not reading the reviews before booking this hotel but we needed a hotel room for one night while visiting our daughter. Arrived at the hotel and check in went smoothly, they hand wrote the wifi password on a piece of paper and gave us our room keys. Frond our room with little trouble and had difficulty opening the door but could be we are not that adept with the key. The room had king sized bed with a sofa and was a reasonable size. There is where the positive ends.
The carpet was very dirty looking and appears the vacuum does not reach the edges. The coffee maker provided was dirty and needed to be cleaned, there were no towels in the room, there was a small heater on the night stand beside the bed, all electrical outlets had extension cords running out of them, the TV didn't work, the room only had one working light missing it's cover. The lighting made it very difficult to see anything but I guess that was almost a positive thing. There was no ice bucket in the room so hubby and I went to the front desk to ask for one and get some more coffee for the morning. We were told the had no ice buckets but handed us a plastic bag and told us to use that. Returned to the room when I discovered there were no towels. I phoned down to the front desk and asked for towels to be brought up and the young girl advised me I would need to come and get them (?). What customer service!? Returned to the room and at this point thought to myself if I'm paying 140.00 for a room I at least need to be comfortable about sleeping and eating there, which I was neither. Decided at that point we were not staying and returned down to the lobby to check out. The young girl at the desk told use there were no refunds but I did advise her I would be calling my credit card company to make sure the charges were not processed. The gentleman that was behind the desk offered us another room, I politely declined but he said just look at it. Figuring what have I got to lose we agreed. Second room was slightly higher in appearance. All the lights worked, TV worked, there was an ice bucket in the room and one towel. My husband went with the girl to get the towels and coffee from our other room as it was just 2 doors down. The room was still not the cleanest and I wish I had taken pictures to show but we were in a hurry at this point because we were late for dinner. Coffee maker was just as dirty but I had a white facecloth to clean it with which I proceeded to do so as I waited for the water to heat up for a shower. Haha, 5 minutes later still no hot water, this was the proverbial straw. I repacked everything and we headed for the desk. Our check out was uneventful but the poor french couple behind us were complaining. Unfortunately my french is very limited but I did catch cold showers and poor customer service in her very heated conversation. We left and ran into a very young couple sitting in their car trying to contact Expedia to get out of staying here. I hope they were successful. We traveled about 500 feet up the road to another hotel and spent the night there uneventful. Best advice to them; although the rooms are dated cleanliness would go along way. I can be unforgiving for a lot of things but there was no way I could have eaten the complimentary breakfast knowing if the rooms were not up to basic standards what did the kitchen that nobody sees look like?

5 Thank Heavydsdate
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Pro's - The Price on the room was awesome...we had the king size bed suite with sofa.
- Free WIFI
- Free Parking
- Free Breakfast that was actually not half bad

- Cons's - There was no toilet paper on the roll just a unused one on the sink...the sink was dirty...the bathroom walls and celing had stains on them.
- there was 2 holes in the walls
- there was a security chain lock on the door with no latch
- there was 3 lamps in the room and only 1 worked
- there was only 8 channels on the small TV
- fridge wasn't plugged in and when we plugged it in wouldn't work anyway.
- coffee maker had an open pouch of coffee and nothing else
- only 2 towels in the room
- the bed frame that is on the wall is extremely crooked.
- the night stands were dusty
- Ice Bucket was dirty had to wash it before walking to get ice
- Staff wasn't around when I needed anything
I could probably find more and im not usually this picky and for the deal you really get what you pay for. a One night stay I would say its okay and not an inconvience but for more then one I wouldn't recommend staying here unless the renovate or change something.

3 Thank hunbear31
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

For $45 for the night I thought it was worth the cheap rate to take a shot at this hotel. I must say I was pleasantly surprised! The room we had was not the cleanest (the floor could use a better vacuum) but otherwise it was much cleaner than others have posted on there. My biggest complaints were that there are limited chanels available on the old television, the hot tub was way too hot to use and the furniture in the rooms are dated. On the other hand, the breakfast was delicious, there is free wi-fi, the pool was decent and the place was very cheap. I would not recommend this place for prices over $100 in season but if you can get it for less than $50 you really can't go wrong. Just remember while you are there that this isn't a 5 star hotel, it's a decent spot to spend in Niagra Falls and you won't be spending all day in the room anyways.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Derek W
Kingston
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was the worst hotel experience ever. We arrived to a dirty room, only to find the smoke detector missing. We were changed to a different room, which had a plugged toilet, smears of something on the bathroom door, hairs on the bathroom floor, crumbs on the carpet, and dirty pillowcases. At 10:00 the room next doors smoke detector kept going off, but nothing was done. We left at midnight. My 8 yr old was sure the place was going to burn with us in it, and I have to say I wondered the same thing. Just a disgusting place overall. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed April 2014