“What a Dump!!!! "Skid Row" Hotel”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #106 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Tinton Falls, NJ
“What a Dump!!!! "Skid Row" Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2008

I wish I would have found this website before I booked at this roach motel. This place was totally unacceptable. It should be shut down.
The bathroom did not have anything that was acceptable in it ,except the new roll of toilet paper. The place looked good on the computer. BEWARE- unless you like living in a crap hole, you do not want to stay there.
When you complain they turn the complaint over to the hotel to respond. They expect you to give them a chance to correct the problem prior to checking out and getting a refund.
I am a "Choice Privledges" member and have always enjoyed hotels within their chain. I can not believe these people are allowed to stay in business. I can't understand why Choice Hotels would allow them to continue to use their "Brand name".

• Liked — Indoor pool wasn't too bad
  • Disliked — The condition of the rooms were horrendous
2 Thank njvig64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Rothesay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

We had originally booked our 3 night stay through the hotel website. I have stayed at other Choice Hotels and had always trusted their chain to be good value. I have always found their rooms to be clean and comfortable at a very good price. Unfortunately, there could not be a low enough price to make this place a good value. Even if it were free, I would not stay there.

We were greeted by a desk clerk who was wearing an old stained t-shirt and had very greasy hair. The clerk told us that we needed to pay for all 3 nights in advance. We paid in cash and then were told that we couldn't have a receipt because she did not know how to print one. We had booked a non-smoking room. It smelled like an ashtray and many years of compounded smoke. We were all stuffed up within minutes. The ceiling had stains, the walls had substanced smeared on them that looked like blood (I included this in my pictures I posted), there were holes in the walls, unsanded crackfill, no chain on the door, the smoke detector had no cover and no battery, the bathroom floor was falling apart and there was a huge gap with loose rocks and plaster between the where the wall meets the bathroom floor. The pool area was dirty and the hottub looked gross.

We ended up staying only one night. We went to another place that was a bit more money and MUCH nicer. I took a ton of pictures of this room because I could not believe how appalling it really was and I wanted to share them with anyone who wanted to see them if it will help them avoid an unpleasnat stay. The "complimentary breakfast" was a joke. All it had was some bread and rolls to toast. There was no cereal or anything. We skipped it and went to McDonalds.

When we got home, I wrote to the Hotel chain through their website to complain to them and explain the reason for my complaint. I even offered to show them the photos I had taken. A week later, I received a letter in the mail from Choice Hotels telling me that they are sorry I did not have a nice stay, but that even though it is a "chain" hotel, each hotel is individually owned and operated and that they trust the owners to use their own judgement on how they run their establishment. I found this rather bothersome. You would think that if it is a chian hotel, then the chain would expect the hotels that use their name to lilve up to a certain standard. Obviously they do not.

Overall, the hotel was not in a great area, the other guests were quite roudy, the room smelled bad, it was dirty, was in desperate need of repair and updating. The staff we met were not professional or helpful and the pool area was not nice at all like the pictures posted by the hotel show it to be. I strongly discourage anyone from going to this "Motel" and wasting their money. Spend a couple dollars more and stay in a place that is clean and comfortable.

• Liked — Leaving. That was the only good thing.
  • Disliked — Room stunk and was disgustly dirty and in bad repair.
4 Thank jewelcrowe
Akron, Oh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

My Mother and myself took a trip to Niagara Falls, she found out she has cancer, we decided to stay at this hotel because it's located fairly close and seemed like a decent rate. Upon arriving we attempted to use the pool area but were unable to due to the 18 people mostly children and their parents who were inconsiderate to us and were throwing their children at us. We then attempted to use the hot tub which had a ring of something in it, but wanted to at least try it and were again unable to due to small children and their parents, we reported this several times and nothing was done so we decided to get out. We went to the area casinos and shopd and upon returning to go to bed pulled the sheets down to find dried blood and hair and some unknown substance on the sheets, the young man gave us new sheets and 1 bedspread and blanket but no more, and were not offered to switch rooms. He came up and switched sheets and left then we went to the bathroom which had pubic hairs on the floor, trash by the nightstand etc. The room and the experience were horrible. We tried to call the woman and she wanted to do pretty much nothing. Our suggestion would be to save yourself the hassle and miserablness and pay a little extra. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
2 Thank stephanieriley926
Scarborough
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2008

Upon arrival at the Rodeway Inn and Suites, after 3pm., we found they had no room for my family of six. I explained in detail the telephone conversation with the hotel, gave the confirmation number, cost and details, but they had no record of it. One half hour later, the young lady found our, hand written, reservation written on the wrong day. She chose to compensate us with two separate rooms, not adjoining, and not cleaned. Unacceptable.
She called for the manager. Now it's been one hour. The manager chose, upon arrival to the front desk, to serve the next two customers who had arrived. She ignored me and left the desk clerk with nothing to do but watch her work. Fifteen minutes passed. Then she disappeared thru a door to the back room. I must have been wearing my invisibility cloak, I remarked to the desk clerk, who went thru the same door. Five minutes later, the manager appeared, as if it had been the first time she'd ever heard/ seen me. Unbelievable!
My family and I were left to find other accomodations in Niagara Falls, with no compensation, compassion or professionalism whatsoever on the part of the manager of the Rodeway Inn and Suites!!! I would never refer anyone to this Motel!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — not being able to stay there, due to the managers neglect
  • Disliked — unprofessional treatment from manager
2 Thank 2patient
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

This was simply a nightmare!!! The place looks like it needs a serious renovation - and CLEANING!!! The rooms were filthy (we booked two different ones) and "cleaned" by a woman with a gazillion of children by her site. Our stay was finished off with my iPod being stolen from the room while we were having breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they left was a cord! We were hoping for a nice and relaxing experience and got the worst possible hotel in the area. DO NOT STAY THERE and SHARE THE WORD!!!!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank blauehexe
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

Good hotel - clean room (and we are picky about that), nicely decorated (may have just been renovated), comfortable beds.

Breakfast was standard continental.

It is not near the falls, so we had to drive and find a place to park. We paid $5 to park near the casino. Paying that money to park was so much less than paying what hotels nearer the falls were charging.

Didn't even look at the pool, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

You get what you pay for. We got a great rate on a family size room, 3 full size beds. It included breakfast. I did not have high expectations with a rate this low. All I was looking for was a clean room and cold cereal for breakfast. We reserved a non-smoking room, well the room smelled like a dirty ashtray. Garbage from the previous guest was still in the room. The shower curtain had about 12 inches of pink slime on the bottom and the temperature of the shower fluctuated so bad you froze and were burned within a matter of seconds. There was exposed wires in the room. Breakfast was dry cereal, no milk (the pitchers were empty and not refilled), in a very cramped room and they would not allow you to bring the food back to your hotel room. We have filed a complaint with Choice Hotels and AAA . Don't waste your money here!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family