“Niagar Lodge & suites”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #108 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Niagar Lodge & suites”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable. The breakfast for the two days was good. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Yes, there were some signs of wear, but I believe that the owners were gradually updating. The price was certainly right. We would stay there again and have recommended it to friends and family.

1 Thank Diane U
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We arrived to find 2 of the 3 lights not working, so the room was very dark. Perhaps more light in the room would have made cleaning it easier, as we found trash on the floor by the night stand. The carpet seemed generally filthy.

First impressions can leave lasting impressions, and at this point, I was a bit nervous to climb under the sheets. If the basics were not taken care of (i.e. lights not working, trash on floor), what else wasn't taken care of... are the sheets clean?

Beyond that, wallpaper seemed to be coming off in several spots, contributing to the overall bad appearance.

Room Tip: Be prepared to be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joel D
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 9053589833 (direct line between 2.00pm to 12.00am eastern time), to discuss this with you further. (Email is niagarasuites@yahoo.ca)
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My boyfriend had booked this room without me knowing (as a surprise) and of course I read the reviews. I was a little nervous when we were checking in, but it wasn`t as bad as people make it sound. Yes, it needs updating and there are a few patch jobs that look not-so-good, but we had hot water instantly, lights, heat and we had requested a king suite with a cheesy heart shaped jucuzzi. It`s not a Hilton, but we also only paid $120 for two nights. I would go there again. The breakfast was also very good. You see all these negative reviews but very few people go on websites to do anything other than complain, so take that into consideration too. But, we really enjoyed our stay and would visit again. Oh, and one last thing...when we stayed the lodge was PACKED and the ones around it barely had any vehicles in the parking lots. That says something in itself.

1 Thank Christine B
rajansuites, Front Office Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Do Not Stay at this hotel. The rooms are crap. We had a King "Suite" with Jacuzzi Tub. The lights above the tub were not working, the lights in the bathroom were not working making it impossible to see in the bathroom at all, maybe that is why it smelled like urine. When asked about fixing the lights the hotel staff said 10 minutes and nobody showed up at all. The only good thing about the hotel is the free Wi-Fi with which we used to book another hotel from. We left the hotel and checked into another one down the road. They would not offer a refund and said that the room is non-refundable and there is nothing they can do about it. Whatever the hotel states for for a star rating should be dropped to a 0 or a 1/2 star for the Wi-Fi. Again, DO NOT STAY at this hole.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay At This Hotel, Very Crappy. Spend a little more and get closer to the falls or anywhere...
3 Thank Bradley B
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed with our kids for New Years Eve and the only good things were the pool (although poorly maintained) and breakfast was decent. To add feedback about the room itself I would say it was dirty, unkept and disgusting. The whole room needs to be gutted to be honest. Stay elsewhere. The owners obviously could care less about their customers.

Room Tip: Stay somwhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mistychelsea
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stay in niagara at least 3 times a year and never booked at this hotel because of the reviews. We recently stayed at the baymont which we usually stay every time when the kids are with us and I am not working and it was so horrible this time we decided to try this motel.

We take our kids and by far this is the BEST family motel in Niagara falls. It was very clean, staff were very accomadating and facilities were very clean unlike what is listed in the past reviews. In fact this motel is much cleaner than other motels on the strip charging 3 times as much. Awesome breakfast and free parking included, DO NOT listen to the negative ratings for this motel as each experience is different, This is a MUST CHECK OUT motel for yourself. Well worth the price. Some beds and rooms are outdated but you are able to check the room out prior to and select the room you like which is what we did.

Motel Over -all - 4 Star rating
Staff - 5 Star rating
kid Friendly - 5 Star rating
Cleanliness - 4 Star Rating
Free breakfast - 4 Star

Parents with kids, Great Motel. Dont expect Hilton and remember price you are paying.

Room Tip: Great Motel for families with young children and those looking for a good clean discount stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl R
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent three nights here and on the third night woke up itchy only to find a bed bug on my pillow filled with MY BLOOD. I was bitten on my arm. I went to check the second bed and also found one there. We recorded our findings -THE BUGS WALKING ON YOUR BED, took pictures and killed them AND WE HAVE THESE PICTURES FOR BACK UP. We brought them downstairs at check out time and informed the front desk who threw them in the garbage immediately. I was told the manager will contact me which he never did. I called today to find out why and was basically told I am lying because I found the bugs on the last day. I am not a bug and I can't tell them when to show up but for you to tell me the manager does not like to call people, I SHOULD CALL HIM MYSELF and it's strange I FOUND BED BUGS IN MY ROOM on the third night is just DISGUSTING AND RUDE. You even went as far as saying another guest must have brought it from another hotel. Let's not forget you begged us not to post them on the internet, well that phone call just says enough about what goes on there. Had I known I would have been doubted I would have called someone to come to my room immediately to see it themselves. I did not even sleep for the rest of the night. There is a lot more I can complain about but I will leave it at this because this is what disappoints me the most. I've been there a few times before but I will NOT return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family