“DO NOT STAY HERE - It is a Hole”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #110 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“DO NOT STAY HERE - It is a Hole”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Do Not Stay at this hotel. The rooms are crap. We had a King "Suite" with Jacuzzi Tub. The lights above the tub were not working, the lights in the bathroom were not working making it impossible to see in the bathroom at all, maybe that is why it smelled like urine. When asked about fixing the lights the hotel staff said 10 minutes and nobody showed up at all. The only good thing about the hotel is the free Wi-Fi with which we used to book another hotel from. We left the hotel and checked into another one down the road. They would not offer a refund and said that the room is non-refundable and there is nothing they can do about it. Whatever the hotel states for for a star rating should be dropped to a 0 or a 1/2 star for the Wi-Fi. Again, DO NOT STAY at this hole.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay At This Hotel, Very Crappy. Spend a little more and get closer to the falls or anywhere...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bradley B
rajansuites, Front Office Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 9053589833 (direct line between 2.00pm to 12.00am eastern time), to discuss this with you further. (Email is niagarasuites@yahoo.ca)
Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed with our kids for New Years Eve and the only good things were the pool (although poorly maintained) and breakfast was decent. To add feedback about the room itself I would say it was dirty, unkept and disgusting. The whole room needs to be gutted to be honest. Stay elsewhere. The owners obviously could care less about their customers.

Room Tip: Stay somwhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mistychelsea
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Regards.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stay in niagara at least 3 times a year and never booked at this hotel because of the reviews. We recently stayed at the baymont which we usually stay every time when the kids are with us and I am not working and it was so horrible this time we decided to try this motel.

We take our kids and by far this is the BEST family motel in Niagara falls. It was very clean, staff were very accomadating and facilities were very clean unlike what is listed in the past reviews. In fact this motel is much cleaner than other motels on the strip charging 3 times as much. Awesome breakfast and free parking included, DO NOT listen to the negative ratings for this motel as each experience is different, This is a MUST CHECK OUT motel for yourself. Well worth the price. Some beds and rooms are outdated but you are able to check the room out prior to and select the room you like which is what we did.

Motel Over -all - 4 Star rating
Staff - 5 Star rating
kid Friendly - 5 Star rating
Cleanliness - 4 Star Rating
Free breakfast - 4 Star

Parents with kids, Great Motel. Dont expect Hilton and remember price you are paying.

Room Tip: Great Motel for families with young children and those looking for a good clean discount stay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl R
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent three nights here and on the third night woke up itchy only to find a bed bug on my pillow filled with MY BLOOD. I was bitten on my arm. I went to check the second bed and also found one there. We recorded our findings -THE BUGS WALKING ON YOUR BED, took pictures and killed them AND WE HAVE THESE PICTURES FOR BACK UP. We brought them downstairs at check out time and informed the front desk who threw them in the garbage immediately. I was told the manager will contact me which he never did. I called today to find out why and was basically told I am lying because I found the bugs on the last day. I am not a bug and I can't tell them when to show up but for you to tell me the manager does not like to call people, I SHOULD CALL HIM MYSELF and it's strange I FOUND BED BUGS IN MY ROOM on the third night is just DISGUSTING AND RUDE. You even went as far as saying another guest must have brought it from another hotel. Let's not forget you begged us not to post them on the internet, well that phone call just says enough about what goes on there. Had I known I would have been doubted I would have called someone to come to my room immediately to see it themselves. I did not even sleep for the rest of the night. There is a lot more I can complain about but I will leave it at this because this is what disappoints me the most. I've been there a few times before but I will NOT return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Camille A
Reviewed December 25, 2013

When we arrived we had book three rooms one was not what we has booked at all . The other two we're complete disasters first one room was freezing they used a little electric heater the plugged into the wall. Then the bathroom was dingy and dirty . I got bitten by bed bugs with marks to prove it . The other room smelt like someone went in and pooped all over the place it was so bad that when we went in the girl from front desk went in with an spray can of febreeze which didn't do anything for the smell . The toilet and pee on it! .. Both rooms had outlets and lights that didn't work and broken locks on the door .. The customer service was just horrible .. We addresed them with our issues all the girl did was come up to one room and said oh no you will be fine it will heat up later ... I would never in my life stay there again for any reason !

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Dominique M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were moved to this hotel after our original booked hotel was closed. Being that it was the alternative given to us, we did not do any research into the hotel at all, thinking that it would be good. The price difference between what we originally paid to what we had to pay to stay here was $250, again making us think that it was going to be better than the original hotel. After staying here, it made me feel as though they bumped up the price knowing that people had to re-book. We looked at the price for this hotel the day after we arrived and it was amazing cheap. We felt really ripped off.

First of, the good parts. The breakfast was nice. Loved the fresh made waffles. The lady that looked after the breakfast area was nice. That is it.

Before writing more, we do not complain. We had booked a budget hotel and often stay in budget accommodation, but we felt we needed to say something about this hotel.

When we arrived, there were no towels at all. My husband went to the front desk to get some, which they were fine with. The bathroom light was not working. My husband went to the front desk and was told to reset the power socket that was in the bathroom. He was told this happens alot, but that should always fix the problem. We did not have anything plugged in, just wanted the light on. Toilet roll holder was broken. Half of the bathroom roof was starting to peel off. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was full of large dust bunnies. The wall in the bathroom has large plaster marks which looked as though it was still being worked on (needed to be sanded down and painted).

We used the heart shaped tub once, after my husband repaired the tap. One of the taps was completely off and just sitting next to the tub. The tub otherwise was good. Seemed weird that once you got out and came down the steps that we were not on tile, but the wood laminate floor. No major problem, just seemed odd.

TV was old, but that was no worry. Remote only worked half the time. The set of drawers that the TV was on was sagging in the middle due to weight. The bottom drawer floor was broken and unusable. The power cables for the TV, fridge, microwave and Telephone wires was a mess and only using gravity to keep them all together.

The wall had very patchy work done to it with large scrapes and patches missing over the whole wall.

The table was off balance with a large slant.

Now to the bed...... it was a wooden base with a mattress base then the mattress on top. It was one of the most uncomfortable things we have slept on in a long time. Large sag into the middle. I had lower back pain for 3 days due to it. My husband tried to sort it out and was able to move the entire bed structure which showed 6 months worth of dirt and bits that had been trapped underneath. The bed overall should of been replaced maybe 3 years prior.

During our 3 night stay our room was not serviced once.

we have attached some photos was for you see that we are not over exaggerating this review.

Overall, it almost ruined our trip. As we always do, my husband and I made the most out of stay. We would not of booked this hotel. We feel as though the hotel upped it's price because people we having to re-book and the worst bit, our hotel was straight across the road and looked so much nicer. It was closed, but I wish it hadn't been.

I do hope that they do some major works to this hotel. It is in a good location and has major potential. But for us this time, it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank Bings11
rajansuites, Manager at Niagara Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I personaly checked the system, this guest got service every day. I thing we should post some pictures too, of the mess this guest have made in the room when staff checked after their c/out. i think the same way they stay their home same as they messed up room in hotel. we don't know which part of the room they have taken these pictures, bcz we did't find anything like that in the room. The room is clean and in perfect condition with heart shaped jacuzzi.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Given the price, we had good value. There was nothing to complain about but don't expect a four star hotel. Sheets were clean and ironed, only one towel each. Bathroom adequate. The place could do with updating but I would say ideal for a young family.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Gilliankmc
The MAnagement of Niagara Lodeg & suites appriciate your stay at hotel. We hope we servd you well. And we are also improving ourself by the reviews we got from valuable Guests.
Thank you.