“Overdue for Renovations & washroom upgrades!”

Niagara Lodge & Suites
Ranked #106 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Edmonton, Alberta
“Overdue for Renovations & washroom upgrades!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked a Queen room with 2 queen beds, carpet was extremely dirty as well as the washroom tub. In the morning, I made a request for the tub to be cleaned, they came and sprayed the tub but did not wash it out, however they left clean towels. I ended up having to buy disinfectant to clean it myself. We wanted to check out, but our whole stay was already billed to our credit card prior to arrival. Our room rate included breakfast, can't comment as we did not take advantage of it. After complaining, the guy at the front desk was generous enough to give us a deal on a 1 bedroom suite which is a better choice for families. Again I had to clean the tub, however it wasn't as dirty as the previous room.

Prime location on Lundy's Lane, lots of amenities around. We went to several restaurants, but Magnolia next door topped it off, it was the best chinese food ever!

It's a few minutes from the Falls.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom suite was much better for the family.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SpeciaLady7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

My uncle booked a room for the four of us including my aunt, mom and myself over 3 years ago to see the lovely falls; I know it's late but just want to express myself here and contribute with everyone else here.

As we got into our room, I noticed a couple spots that weren't vacuumed properly and the carpet was damp due to the air conditioner blowing from above in which also blew off a smell of weed..... And there was no switch to turn that thing off (Good thing it wasn't so strong to make the room smell and the fact that I'm a heavy sleeper! I didn't know about the three others though). Someone was most likely smoking weed above us inside his/ her room or something, or whatever. It also made the room very cold which was fine during that time since it was in August very hot, otherwise it wouldn't have been. The bathroom had wet mold and there was dirt on the tiles, and it was still damp! It made my evening a little uncomfortable so all I did was just stay on my bed not taking a step off from it and just watched tv.

The only one thing I liked about the place was the breakfast, it was great and very satisfying that made up for it otherwise I would've given this place only a score of 2/5.

Overall I would not recommend this place but ONLY for a stopover, which means check-in/ start hanging out in your room around at 9pm-10:30pm. I will probably be back by the summer giving this place another chance as I'm planning to have a vacation with friends.

Room Tip: If you're here just for the price, don't start hanging out in your room until 9pm or a littl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

The worst hotel that I have ever stayed in period!! The place was filthy!! The staff were horrible people! They didn't clean our room or change our bed sheets once for the 6 nights that we were there!!

The toilet flooded and they refused to let us move rooms and they didn't even want to fix it for us! We then had to beg them to find us cleaning products so that we could clean the bathroom ourselves because they refused to clean it for us even though there was toilet water all over the floor!!

The breakfast is disgusting! They complained and threatened to kick us out because they wanted to use us as an excuse for why two other customers had left!

They made us pay extra for late check in even though we told them in advance! The bed sheets were stained and had holes in them also!!

I will never stay there ever again and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy! Avoid this place like the plague!! It was the worst part of the holiday!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DemiTravels
Petrolia, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My daughter got a 'good deal' on this room but ended up giving it to me when her plans changed. I was already staying at another hotel for a couple of days prior to this stay. The good deal was limited to the price.
The check-in staff was pleasant enough to me but extremely rude to a gentleman who came in at the same time and requested seeing a room before registering.
The room seemed okay when I first walked in and the bonus was a microwave and small fridge - both clean and in good working order. The bed was clean and comfortable.
The entire carpet was nothing short of filthy. I had to pull the overnight stand away from the wall to reach the electric outlet behind it only to find a child's toy, crumpled candy wrappers and other assorted debris hidden there - obviously not cleaned in a long time. The table and chairs were wobbly. I checked the air conditioner for dust and used one of the washcloths to clean it myself. The washcloth was black when I finished. In the bathroom the shower looked clean but after the a/c experience I checked more closely and used the other wash cloth provided to wipe down the tiles, leaving that wash cloth unuseable afterward. The tub was badly stained but clean enough.
The free breakfast consisted of cold cereal and little else.
In a pinch and on a very tight budget, this place is not the worst I have seen in my 50 years of travelling around, but it certainly comes close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PLKG
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not clean:
- Hair on things.
- Garbage full
- Used soap laying around.

Not Maintained.
- Peeling Paint
- Taps just fall off.
- Toilet paper holder broken.
- Bed sharply angled towards head board.
- Musky smell.

Location
- Far away from the falls.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Discontent T
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

It's alright if you're staying there for 1 night - 2 nights max. Simply because the room isn't that great...again, it's alright. Walls needed painting....our washroom didn't have a towel rack. The mini fridge was leaking water. It just looks very plain...there is a pool and free breakfast which is good. Plus free wifi which is good. Average is the best rating for it. Again, only good for 2 nights max.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank IamNotHappy
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I read reviews before booking and never really pay much attention. The pictures displayed for this property are very misleading. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. My booking was non-refundable so I tried to make the best of it. Carpets were very stained, wore our shoes inside the entire time, walls had stains and dents. Did not even go to the free breakfast cause the place was overall just disgusting and I did not want to eat anything that touched the place. The only good thing was the bus stop was directly out front of the hotel so you could leave......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple