“Great place to stay with Kids”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed there in Jan 2014. Very nice hotel if you are staying with kids. The room were very clean and hotel is connected to the water park from inside. They have a underground parking for 10 Dollars The bed was very comfortable. The hotel has an Covered Courtyard and they play movies in evening with free popcorn. Thats really a very nice touch and really providea vacation atmosphre. The reception staff is very helpfull.

Room Tip: if you need quiet, choose second level.if ith small kids choose ground level facing courtyard.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Check in was slow, parking cramped and a dusty environment witch drove my other half nuts. I doubt we will stay there again. Most hotels have a breakfast included I don't think they even had a continental breakfast.....To sum it up there are allot better hotels @ more affordable prices. Like the title says convenient and that s about it. Rooms were just ok.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed in a courtyard room for one night. We had read reviews about noise and had not booked a courtyard room for this reason, but were given one at check in. We figured it could not be too bad - I cannot even begin to explain how awful the noise was at 10pm and how rude/disrespectful the guests were in the courtyard at this time!!! We generally do not complain, but this was ridiculous! The noise of the movie was quite loud but my kids were able to fall asleep anyway as they were exhausted from the water park. By 10pm the movie was over and when I looked out my window, there were at least 30 kids running and screaming on both levels of the courtyard. They were playing tag. Among these 30+ kids were about three parents in the middle of the courtyard. I even saw parents come from other areas of the hotel, check on their kids and return down the hallway. We are all about our kids having fun .... but there is a time and a place. The noise was so loud and if we had booked more than one night, we would not have stayed more than that one night! After about 20 minutes, hotel staff finally came and said something to quiet the noise. This, of course, is long after my kids had been rudely awakened.
I guess I am a bit confused as this noise seems to be an issue every night, according to the reviews. So if the hotel staff need to break up the riot every night - why are they not pro-active in having hotel staff in the courtyard when the movies ends to make sure everyone returns to their rooms?
For this reason we would not go back. The room itself was clean, but very small. We did get the waterpark package for a great deal and loved the park itself. Next time we will just book with a different hotel in the complex.

Room Tip: Stay away from courtyard 2!!!
1  Thank SunLoversOntario
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Will not stay at the Skyline inn again! Rooms were very small...fridge was warm and room was so hot in Febuary we had to ask for a fan in the room because there was no air conditioner! We also had to leave the door open to get any air! Hardly any outlets to use. Service was terrible! I am a grandd mother with three children ages 10,9, and 7 on the morning we had to leave our room I called for someone to bring a cart to help with luggage..I was told very abruptly by the desk clerk that they do not provide that service and then she hung up on me! I struggled to the front desk with all my stuff and kids only to be told we could leave our stuff in a cold closet or pay $10.00 for lockers...and we would have needed about 4! We did get to spend the last day at the water park or at the crown hotel pool, which we did...but had to change our clothes in the cold closet with our luggage. I did complain. To the manager....told her of our treatment....she gave me $25.00 off our room and free parking...I had to pay $11.00 a day to park. The parking is awful!!! The whole two days were so disappointing....I tried my best to make it fun for the kids...but I was happy to leave... All that fun cost me $519.00 plus I had to buy all our meals!!! The food was disgusting!!! I was in tears!! Felt so ripped off!!! We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge a few years ago and that experience was amazing!!! Totally worth every penny!!! The staff treated you like a guest...the Skyline staff treated you like you were a big bother!!! Never, never again!! Wish I knew how to go to the top with this complaint!!!

Room Tip: Have a great family holiday...go to the GREAT WOLF LODGE! Do not go to the Skyline Inn.
5  Thank Mollymolly50
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Parking/finding the hotel was a little confusing, Check in was smooth, rooms were ok, a little small and bathroom also on the small side. Found the hotel to be quiet generally - read a lot of reviews about noise. Location however was pretty good, easy walking distance from most attractions on the canadian side and even walking across to America!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hotel shows its age - parking area (both temporary for checkin and covered area attached to hotel) very tight and not suited to minivans at all, carpeting can really do with replacement, rooms are and bathrooms uncomfortably tight.
But location can't be beat, with inside access to watermark and walking distance to clifton hill. Since hotel parking is by far inadequate overflow parks at multilevel garage across the street. Those spots are larger, but it is kind of a pain to negotiate your way there and back in winter weather, like if you've forgotten something in the car.
Rooms are arranged around courtyards, which is both positive (gives kids some space to play outside small rooms, and they show movies at night) and negative (passing traffic makes a noticeable amount of noise and beginning and end of day; older, unsupervised kids tend toward high speed, boisterous play that is not only noisy but can easily bowl over littler ones emerging from their rooms).
We asked for late checkout due to more time required for travelling with a special needs child, they did give us an extra hour (till noon). That was helpful, would have really liked till 1:00, but that would never be granted as front desk, though pleasant, polite, and helpful, is eternally focussed on the next arrivals, of which there are many. This is a highly popular hotel and so there is not really much hope of feeling particularly valued as a guest; for that reason, we elected to stay at another hotel for our second night, where the atmosphere was calmer, cleaner, and more individualized.

Exception: the Skyline doormen. On checkout, I left my luggage in lobby before going across street to fetch car; my little daughter didn't want to accompany me (can't blame her, it was bitter cold and windy) and seeing my dilemma the doorman offered to put on a movie for her at the bench beside the front desk, where she could watch in safety while I went to carpark. I appreciated that.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Got this hotel through Hotwire. What a mistake. They actually rated it 3 Stars. I suspect that's only because of services in their nearby properties.

Parked over at the old Casino, since it's attached by a Skywalk. Good luck figuring out a method to get from that parking garage when you first arrive. I managed to determine it was floor 4 to get out of the garage and walk through blowing snow to the Inn.

Lobby is small. An argumentative man was in front of me. Fortunately, my check in didn't take long. Waiting for elevators, that's another story.

Room was truly dull and ugly. Old carpet. Plain bedding. The window has sheers and blackout drape. Heating worked fine, and there is a fridge and flat panel TV. Historic prints on the walls, but there's no colour anywhere. Yes, I saw the new dark chair. That hardly compensates for such a mundane room.

Bathroom is small, and you have to step up. There's a foamy soap dispenser; a separate dispenser with shampoo advertises their WaterPark. Scratchy white towels.

Atrocious waits for elevators - at the Inn and over at the Parking Garage below the WaterPark.

To use a pool, you have to go over to their sister properties of Crown Plaza or Sheraton. Sounds simple enough, but it isn't. To stay indoors, you must go up in the Inn, walk on a sharp incline on the Skywalk to the WaterPark. Navigate your way through the WaterPark, screaming kids, humidity, find an elevator, wait forever for an elevator (one wasn't operating, the one I took opened at every floor - and would not close until the waiting-too-long-open alarm went off at each floor. Oh yeah, fun).

Then, go to the front lobby of the Crown Plaza or Sheraton - once you find it - to wait in the check-in line to obtain an access card. Crown Plaza has a really dated pool area - with awful fitness room that should instead be closed down.

Sheraton has a nicer pool area - with view - but it easily gets noisy there. And you have to negotiate your way through the Crown Plaza, then through the casino lobby area, through a restaurant that smelled of bbq sauce - no, I'm not kidding - then take an elevator down one level to find Sheraton's front desk line-up for their access card. Sheraton has a great remodelled fitness area with new equipment. But again, you're on an elevator up several floors to get up there. Not on the same floor as pool.

Another catch? You can't use the Skywalk if the WaterPark isn't open. So that means putting on a coat and walking through snow in winter to use a pool or get to the old casino if early or late in the day.

The Inn has overpriced drinks and snacks in the vending machines. Ice is free.

I won't even get into kids roaming the Skyline Inn halls and common areas. I was happy to leave. As you might guess, I will not be booking Niagara Falls with Hotwire again.

Never is a long time. To be clear, I will never return to Skyline Inn.

Room Tip: Find a better hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo