“The Courtyard is the Best Part”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed at this hotel with our 3 year old and 7 year old. We were traveling with my sister-in-law who has a 3 year old and 5 year old. The best part was having the courtyard for the kids to run around in. It really made the hotel very family friendly. The rooms were not huge but newly renovated and fully functional. The location was great because it was in the heart of all the tourist attractions and very close to the Falls. It is attatched to the Fallsview Waterpark which was awesome. The kids loved it. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're on a budget. We ate one night at the Sheraton on the Falls which did look nicer but is pricier.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Skyline Hotel & Waterpark

Reviewed July 29, 2008

I needed a place for my family to stay enroute to Toronto that was affordable and offered great location to the falls. What I found was just that coupled with a major bonus (direct access to the Fallsview waterpark). Waterpark was a definite hit for both our athletic 9yo boy and artsy 11yo girl. Mom got some cool hot-tub time as well. Despite the rainy day, it was still not crowded. Great rides!

I saw some negative comments on TripAdvisor about the Skyline Inn before I booked, but then I saw some good comments after the rennovations. It may not have been so nice in its previoius incarnation, but it was safe, clean, ready early, billing correct, convenient, and all with friendly service.

I will book this location as preferred for all the trips my family takes between Maryland and Toronto. Location to the falls and restaurants make this an easy decision. Parking is only a few bucks at the garage which was safe and easy to use. They need to market this option more prominently. Also, it was hard to find their direct website instead of the Niagara hotels general booking service. This was a bit annoying because some of those phone operators were not pleasant (no incentive there, right?).

I hope they don't raise prices, and rely on loyal customers. Overall, I recommend highly for families looking for value, location, and fun.

1  Thank Dble_Inc_Two_Kids
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We had a great stay with a nice setup. The room was spacious enough and had a fridge in it as well as complimentary coffee/tea. There was a nice courtyard to relax in as well which was indoors as well as a movie at night for the kids in the courtyard. It attaches to the indoor waterpark at Niagara Falls as well which we really enjoyed. The price was reasonable as well.

1  Thank SkylineNiagara
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Even though my stay at the Skyline Inn was short but it was definitely sweet. It was by far one of the cleanest place to stay at Niagara. The indoor courtyard was an eye candy as well. I like how the rooms are very well kept and everything is provided. Based on the price I had to pay for the 2 days and 1 night stay, it was definitely worth it. Just one tiny thing I have to bring up. I brought my laptop with me and I was very pleased that the room had a desk where I can place it. However, there was no outlet anywhere near the desk. Other than that everything was awesome. I will recommend this to my friends and I will no doubt choose this place to stay when I visit one of the world wonders again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were told that this hotel had a view of the Falls. It doesn't , It sits behind a casino and parking ramp. Our room and most of those in the hotel overlook a covered court yard - no outside window in most rooms. Very claustpophobic feeling.

1  Thank robynberling
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I was skeptical at first, but wanted to save money so I chose Skyline Inn. What a good choice. Yes, there is no view, but the rooms, bathroom and hotel staff was terrific. Don't bother with a terrace room (balcony) unless you want to simply sit outside as there is no view. The courtyard is an indoor area - very nice, but still no view. Regardless, this is a very nice hotel. No pool, but you can use roughly 4 pools at the other nearby hotels at no charge. The only real downside is that you have to walk an extra block to get to the sites/action, but for the cost savings, I consider this a very small price to pay. Everything is in walking distance, or a short walk to the bus system which takes you anywhere you need to go along the main drag. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone that likes nice accomodations at an attractive price. If you want to save some money and still stay in a very nice hotel, this is the place to seriously consider. When we come back, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dmorche
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The Skyline Inn was a very nice place to stay if you are looking for something that was affordable and if you are on a budget. Staff at the front desk were very courteous and helpful in answering all of our questions about the Falls and the local attractions. Rooms were very clean and they even put up a movie for the kids in the courtyard at night. I must say though that the Falls View Water Park that was adjacent to the Skyline, with there nice causeway from the Inn to the park, was Fabulous! A big hit with the kids. The jungle gym that had water coming out of every pipe and the 1000 gallon tipping bucket was incredible. I could not get my son off of it and it's slides until we tried the Canadian Plunge Bowl on the other side. It was literally a giant human tolit bowl to flush people down the drain. Now I know how that mouse felt like in Flushed Away. After two days, we were exhausted from all the stairs we did to ride the 4 tube slides and the two mat and body slides. Food was good at the Beach House, little arcade was nice and breakfast at the Perkins Family Restaurant and Bakery was delicious. You have to buy there muffins as when you buy 3, you get 3 for free. For my family and for someone who has never seen the falls, it was a trip that we will never forget!

Satisfied American

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank twinturbos_8