“location, service, price!”

Skyline Hotel & Waterpark
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family decided to stay last minute, found this hotel to be in the perfect location to everything. Customer service was awesome, and the room was ideal for a family of five. Kids were super excited about the bunk beds. Can't beat the price, well worth it. I'll be back skyline inn!

Side note; no microwave in our room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,545)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our third stay at the Skyline, and perhaps the best so far. We were booked from Sept. 7th to 9th and choose the 2-night Waterpark pkg. We had a second floor courtyard room which we prefer. We found that 1st floor courtyard carried the echo of running footsteps from the 2nd level. Weekend "Movie Night" is a great feature for families and the Skyline even supplied popcorn! Access to the Fallsview Waterpark is excellent - it's convenient with no need to go outside or through much of the public areas (as with the Sheraton & Crowne Plaza).
Our in-room coffee maker was not working and when we mentioned it to the housekeeper, she immediately brought us a new one even though we hadn't expected such prompt response. The Skyline is only a short walk from Clifton Hill. My only suggestion for the Skyline is to also provide meal coupons for Perkins restaurant which is attached to the hotel.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I had three rooms booked for the weekend of Friday, September 7th, until Sunday, September 9th. Two of the rooms had two Queen Beds and were located off one of the courtyards. The Courtyards are very useful, I think there is at least 4 of them, when you have a large amount of friends and family staying in multiple rooms and you don't want to all squeeze into one of the hotel rooms.

The other room had two Queen beds and bunk beds in a separate room, which also had a tv on the wall for the kids. All the rooms had a mini-fridge which is always an added bonus.

I think this was the easiest check-in I have ever had for a hotel and was pleasantly suprised be in our room by around 12pm on check-in day.

The location of this hotel is amazing for those who want to enjoy Clifton Hill, the waterpark and the Casino. We used our Casino players cards and parked in their parking lot for free and avoided the hotel parking lot fee which I believe was $10 plus tax per night. The $10 parking fee is pretty reasonable compared to a lot of the hotels in the area but if you can take advantage of the Casino parking lot it's worth it and only a few steps from the lobby of the hotel.

We upgraded one of our nights to the waterpark package and it was worth every penny. Our package allowed us access to the waterpark all day Saturday and until 3pm on Sunday. We went for the first few hours on both Saturday and Sunday morning and for the last two hours on Saturday night(closed at 9pm). The waterpark seemed busiest from 11am on and wasn't too bad when we we got there at 7pm on the Saturday night. I've been to Great Wolf Lodge before which was fun as well but a few things I liked better at the Fallsview park was the water temperature is amazing, unlike Great Wolf, and I never had to wait 30+ minutes to go on a slide. I think my 3.5 year old daughter really enjoyed this waterpark more due to the warmer water. My sister bought some snacks for the kids at the cafe which was pretty pricey, but that is to be expected. The "Skywalk" to the waterpark is very convenient and appears to be a lot closer than the Sheraton or Crown Plaza.

When the rest of my family left on Sunday my Wife and I decided to stay one more night with my daughter and never thought twice about going anywhere else. The hotel staff were all very friendly and accommodating for my entire stay and this last part really was extra icing on the cake. I forgot the new watch my wife bought me for my anniversary in the room I had stayed in the two previous nights and had just realized it as we were about to check out Monday morning. I asked the front desk if anything had been turned in and after a few phone calls I had my watch back in my hands!!! A big thank-you to Tanya of the House Keeping department for turning the watch in.

All of my family memebrs were very pleased with their stay and I am sure we will be returning for our next trip to Niagara.

Room Tip: If you have a large group with multiple rooms, ask for rooms together outside one of the courts.
3  Thank Marshall10375
Reviewed September 10, 2012

each time I have stayed everything has been great, rooms and services have been immaculate. the staff has always been helpful.
this hotel is close to all amenities and there is a shuttle service available, just ask which is what I did.
also it is well within walking distance to the states

Room Tip: no matter where I have had a room, it has always been superb
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I got this room on Hotwire not knowing what we would get until we purchsed. I had a co-worker stay here with her son and she said they liked it, so after staying at the Marriot Gateway the previous night and were interested in seeing the comparison between the two, It isn't located in a bad spot.. walkable to the main strip etc. Parking was $10 ( good in Niagara) and was located right behind the office area. It was nice to be able to drive into the front area and park your car in a parking spot to go register and take bags up before returning to park.
Front desk: Arrival. The girl could of been a little more friendlier, and offer more information. When asked if we could upgrade to a room with a King bed, there was no "sorry" just a " there is none available today. Leaving: The girl ( different) was really friendly and checked us out not a problem.
It was a bit confusing at first, going through courtyards to find our room but once we did it was all good... a baseball team was in the courtyard rooms so they had all their gear in the walkway but to the side... we faced the parking lot on the 2nd floor facing the water park. We were in the 1600's rooms. I would recommend a 2nd floor room not facing the court yard.. as people are always walking past and you have to keep your curtains closed or they could look right in.
Room: It was updated... nice netural decor, no flower bed speads lol. The beds were clean, no bed bugs... and sheets were nice. The mattress was comfy but a bit squeeky.. Bathroom had updates and was larger then our other bathroom at the marriot ( fallsview room) and the one thing I didn't like was the shower head was so high.. that it was hard to reach up to adjust and I am 5'6.
The floor was a bit odd to walk on... felt like the boards underneath were moving. And the air conditioner in the room was loud ( but you could control the temp) TV sucked.. and older one with a fuzzy picture. There was some loudness in our area for a short time then quiet..
Over all... not a bad place and next time we will take the kids there to check out the water park.. did not use it this visit.
They don't provide single bottled soap/shampoo/cream but have it in dispensers in the bathroom.. eco friendly.. and if you stay more then 1 night and decline room keeping for your stay they will credit you $5 to starbucks. The hairwash/soap/conditioner was a 3-1 and was ok but masculine smelling to me..

Room Tip: Get a 2nd floor and unless you don't mind people walking past your window and peeking in.. get a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is not for everyone, which is why I gave it a four and not a five rating.. It's got a funny, linked courtyard layout. Despite the skylights in the courtyards, it feels dark and heavy. I bought it as a three-star on Hotwire and it made me wonder what counts as a three-star these days. It's not at all luxe or fancy. That said, it was clean and the staff was very attentive. The rooms were clean. If you reject roomservice, they give you a 5- voucher for two local Starbucks. It is attached to the water park, which is a convenience. The courtyard setup is interesting. Families would gather in the first-floor courtyards, which are filled with furniture and large plants. They host movie night for the kids. This is the ideal hotel for people with small kids. And that word is out because there were tons of people with small kids there.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow! We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Skyline. Considering the value of the package we purchased, I would have to say that this hotel gives incredible bang for the buck. Conveniently located steps from Clifton Hill and the enclosed walkway to the waterpark makes this an excellent choice. The room was also very nicely decorated with a modern colour scheme not typically found in similarly priced hotels. Updated bathroom was also a nice surprise. Only downside were our noisy neighbours, but you can't fault the hotel for that. Staff was very friendly and took the time to explain our package in detail. We were able to take advantage of many of the bonuses included. We'll definitely stay there again when visiting Niagara and will highly recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family