“Fantastic Hotel”

Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2005

Well, just got back from holiday and thought i'd just confirm that this is a brilliant hotel (but then you knew that from the other reviews, didn't you?)
I would have no hesitation in reccommending this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank KINGKONG3
Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed May 9, 2005

It actually has great view of the Falls, and the price is great.
But i dont recommend breakfast.

2  Thank NJ20061010
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed April 30, 2005

For our second visit to Niagara Falls my girlfriend and I decided to book two nights at this hotel. The price of $129CDN a night was very good value. The staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and the bed was so comfy that we could stay in bed all day. The turndown service by the maid was very appreciated. However when we wanted to go in the whirlpool, it was not working. The staff fixed it within 10 minutes and we were able to enjoy it. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2003
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Meadville, PA
Reviewed April 30, 2005

We(husband, 2 yr. old daughter, Mom, myself) stayed one night(Apr. 16) and had a great time. It was a present for Mom, being she loves the falls. I booked by phone after checking all of the internet prices and ended up with a few dollars cheaper by doing so. I did book a breakfast package which ended up costing 134 Can. for a cityview and two breakfast buffets. (worked out because DH slept in so Mom and I went, DD of course was free) Unfortunately the wait staff was very slow and the hot food was not very warm. There was an assortment on the buffet so it was pretty much worth it being we didn't have to leave the hotel. I would say that was the only thing we had to complain about at Sheraton. We did choose to stay near the falls, we were not interested in being close to Clifton Hill so this was a good choice. The Incline is close by but did not use it. Beds were wonderful-everyone was sawing logs! Thanks to previous posts we did park across the street so it was 10 instead of 20 can. and didn't have any problems. I did ask how much it would be to upgrade to a fallsview and found out there was none avail. and that they only had about 4 rooms left in the hotel. If that was so, it still did not feel too crowded and we never had a long wait at the elevator(stayed on the 14th floor). Our room did have a cute little alcove window that DD enjoyed playing in,it also had a pull out couch that I didn't realize we would have. I think it was an upgraded cityview room??? We did use the pool on Sunday AM and it wasn't crowded. The pool was not huge but it suited the purpose.
The views were great from the elevators and the dining room so we did not miss having a fallsview room, plus we had spent the afternoon by the falls. We had dinner Saturday at the Keg restaurant in the Embassy Suites. The prices were better than I figured after reading how expensive everything is. Service was good, food decent just not that much of a selection as far as I was concerned. Sunday we visited the Butterfly Conservatory, highly recommend! I loved it more than my DD. Overall, great time, would recommend the Sheraton.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in April. It was my first trip to Niagara Falls and this hotel was a good choice. I had a fallsview room on the 8th floor. I would have liked to be on a higher floor but from the 8th floor I still had a great view of both falls. When I booked this room I thought it was going to have a fireplace but it didn't. I didn't worry about it though. The bed was VERY comfortable. I didn't want to get out in the morning. The bathroom was very nice with the jacuzzi tub as well. Very clean hotel room. The only negative thing that I have to say about this room is that you didn't get many channels in your room on TV. I like to watch TV before I go to bed at night and half of my channels did not come in because they were all fuzzy or they had 6 different channels of a fallsview cam they have set up. I think they should offer more channels - especially for those people that are out all day and then they stay up late as well. It was a very enjoyable stay though.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 5, 2005

The falls are great while still covered in snow - just don't turn 'round, you'll only see 'Blackpool' and arcades behind you!
If you stop at Sheraton on the Falls - don't bother taking the virtual tour on their website.
Fallsview rooms are lovelly, unfortunately the reception area is almost completely absorbed by a Starbucks and there isn't a bar
Evening meals in the restaurant were fab, but don't get over excited by either the breakfast or Sunday Brunch buffet.
If you order a steak and they offer you Steak Sauce - it'll be good old fashioned HP Brown Sauce and in the bottle at that

3  Thank BartesW
Reviewed April 4, 2005

For $129CAD can not complain at all. The beds were so comfy, just what we needed after driving over an hour from Pearson Airport. Got a good night's rest. The next morning whilst waiting for elevator, a breathtaking view of the falls right in front of us! Bonus! A short walk to Falls and town centre. Shops, eateries very close by, walking distances. Excellent location!

• Stayed: October 2004