“Wonderful View”

GreenLeadersSilver level
US
“Wonderful View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2004

My husband and I spent two nights here during October, 2004. Our room was a large suite with bedroom, living room, kitchen area, glassed fireplace and bath. The hotel is situated on the cliff above the Canadian falls with, an incredible view of them from our room through large, floor to ceiling plate glass windows. Even the bedroom (which was on the inside) had a window so that we could lie in bed and look out through the living room to a view of the falls beyond. Both sunrises and sunsets were spectacular from there! The staff was competent and friendly…definitely a great experience!

• Stayed October 2004
1 Thank EWLTexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Inverness, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2004

My wife and I stayed here on the 31st floor for one evening but could have stayed a week easily. The view from the room over the Falls is magnificent, and coupled with our dinner and breakfast taken in our room beside the huge picture window, the short stay was beyond description. To sit 31 floors up, get fed and have good wine, and watch the sunset and the unfolding illuminations of the Falls is hard to better. To waken to a fantastic sunrise over the Falls only topped the occasion; there is a God, and that day He was at Niagara!

Excellent staff, kind, courteous and attentive - in that super manner the Canadians have of being attentive without being overbearing or pretentious - ie, none of this "have a nice day" nonsense.

Will we be back? You better believe it!

3 Thank gbhb
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2004

We got a fallsview room at the 25th floor for a awesome deal. They gave me the promised 25th floor and view was awesome!. couple of minor issues

1. They charge extra money for the parking

2. They promised us that the room has a microwave, but when we reached there we were charged $25.00 for that. my wife had to talk to many people many times to get that removed.

3. very bad swimming pool. any 3rd rated hotel has a much better swimming pool.

But I would give up above complaints for the view and stay was good, free breakfast was OK

1 Thank screen111111
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2004

My husband and I booked this hotel for a romantic weekend getaway in August 2004. It was better then we ever imagined. We stayed in a beautiful Fallsview Luxury Whirlpool Room. The room was expensive but it was very clean, very large and we had a gorgeous view of the falls. The whirlpool bath was so relaxing and the beds are the best. It was well worth every penny!! We enjoyed our room so much we really didn't want to leave it so we mostly ordered a lot of room service. The room service people were fantastic! They got us anything we asked for very quickly.
When we did leave the room we found it very difficult to get around by car. There is a lot of traffic and parking is a nightmare. We found that taking a cab or using the buses work best. I will note that this hotel charges you a large fee to park your car PER NIGHT!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2004

My Family and I stayed at The Shearton Fallsview for Labor Day Weekend. To say the least, we were very disappointed with the accomodations. The hotel appeared to be a renovated Holiday Inn. The eating establishment in the Lobby was like a Ghost Town. I would say the hotel is not kid friendly for activites in the immediate area. We were looking forward to a very eventful weekend.

A positive feature of the Hotel: We were able to walk to many surronding Restaurant Chains which was very benefical and we were not forced to eat at the hotel. Great location for a variety of foods.

We were under the impression that we could catch a shuttle to the Falls and Clifton Hill.

My husband and I returned from visiting our family and we were unable to find parking. We had paid for Valet Service and when we returned at 11 p.m., the Valet attendent had left for the evening. My husband was distraught when told to leave his keys with at the Front Desk for Security to move our car.

We were truly disappointed with our descion after seeing the Shearton on the Falls. Based on the location of the Shearton on the Falls, I strongly recommended the Shearton on the Falls. Our daughter would have had a blast with all the attractions surronding the hotel.

Just a word of advise REVIEW TRIPADVISOR when making any reservations. I have found this site to be quite helpful. I didn't review the site because we are Platinum Starwood Members and I had expected the best.

5 Thank VainVine9
Worthing, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2004

I've visited Niagara Falls four times in the last 5 years, but never stayed there before. I decided this time to treat my partner to a special time and booked a room with a view of the Falls.

From the 24th Floor, the scene was truly magnificent and very much worth the extra money. Just upstream of the Horseshoe, and set atop a hill, you get maximum impact with the sun rising through the mist - I grabbed some spectacular shots from the hotel window. The executive room itself was quite nice with all the usual trappings - fridge, safe, big TV, desk.

The other aspects of the hotel are certainly above average, too - the food is pricey but rather good; the pool is OK; the bar is quite plush. I'd say you get 4 star treatment - not the best but not bad.

I was disappointed, however, come check-out time in that we had a 20 minute wait behind only two other groups; and I was charged $20 (plus tax) for self-parking my car.

• Stayed September 2004
1 Thank RaveDJ
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2004

We stayed in a City View room for several nights, and then a Falls View room for a few more nights. Excellent view of the falls and fireworks from our 31st floor room. The rooms were clean and in excellent shape. I agree with AAA's four star recommendation. We also ate in the hotel several times and the food was very good. My only minor complaint was service was somewhat slow.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member