“Amazing view” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
concord, nc
“Amazing view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The view from the room is what really makes this hotel worth staying at. We stayed on the 17th floor. The view was absolutely amazing. The beds were really comfortable and room was very clean.
The thing I did not like about this hotel was that somehow I must have missed that it would cost $25 to park your car or $30 for valet. Price of the room was what I expected about $260 for one night in two queen beeds.
Overall I would stay here again. Just a wonderful sight to wake up to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jennifer S
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello Jennifer S,

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that your would return because of the beautiful view that we offer.

See you again!

Gord Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here on the 4th of July, falls view room, floor 17. We saw fireworks from 10 different places out our windows. Good pillows & beds. Great shower. Cold frig. Incredible view of the falls. Since you have to pay for parking at the hotel & about everywhere, we walked down to the falls and restaurants. We took the Falls Incline Railway back up, great time & step saver, wish the hotel had told us about it. The only down side is we had to wait on elevators every time, only 4 for everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a falls view room and up a few floors for the great views. But it may cost more.
Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KChusker
Good Day KChusker,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

See you again soon!

chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Floor 25 and view is breathtaking!!!! I am one of those 15-20 who actually started at the other Marriott Fallsview that tried to check in and was sent packing to this hotel. They say it happens 15-20 times a day. Fix it or provide a shuttle had to load up car again and travel 200 yards. Elevator for upper floors is an average of a 5 minute wait and 10 minutes during check out time. They really push the Fallsview rooms and they all are Fallsview rooms. But once again the view was priceless. Fix the other issues

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good Day chifinn,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the view from your guestroom. I am sorry that you arrived at the wrong hotel and had to pack up and come across the street. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you and your family. I hope that the rest of the stay was exceptional and that we will see you again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Booked through Booking.com for a Fallsview room on a high floor. We got exactly what we paid for. The view is amazing!!

We were checked in quickly by a very friendly and efficient receptionist who gave us vouchers for this hotel and their sister hotel next door. Our room was on the 27th floor and I would quite happily have spent the two days sitting in the room looking at the view!

Apart from that the hotel was quite nice!! The view is their unique selling point. There was a bottle of water in the room - on a dusty glass shelf - priced at $4.95, which we left on the dusty shelf. We ordered wine in the bar on our first evening and asked if we could take it upstairs - apparently there is a problem with licensing and we couldn't take it out of the bar. Strange, as we didn't have this problem anywhere else in Canada. The bar area looks quite basic and dated although I believe it has been refurbished recently. I think the designer is a little out of touch - looks a bit 80's.

We had breakfast in the hotel and it was very good. As we had been given a voucher we decided to use this and have dinner in the hotel. This was actually one of the best meals of our holiday.

The best part of Niagara Falls is the actual Falls themselves. We took a boat trip on the Hornblower, which was great. The rest of the town is quite tacky. We opted for a tour of the Vineyards which was very good - organised by Josephine in the hotel. She very kindly held the tour up to wait for my husband to come back from the room. When we got back to Toronto we were told we had visited the top vineyards in the area.

Lifts are a big problem. If you are on a high floor, give yourself (a lot of) extra time to get to the ground floor in the lift, which was the reason it took my husband so long to get back to the lobby!

All in all, I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Free wifi in Reception. You must pay for wifi in the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HiFiNI
Good Day HiFiNI,

It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us and loved the view from your room. I am also glad to hear that you had a great meal in Milestones Grill + Bar, our onsite restaurant. Thank you for your comments regarding Josephine from our Tour Desk. This is great to hear, and I am very happy that you enjoyed the wine tour.

I apologize for the wait times with the elevators. I understand how upsetting that can be when you are heading somewhere. But I am happy to hear that you would return and recommend our hotel.

See you soon!

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I found the view to be spectacular but found the lack of "extras" to be frustrating considering I paid $415 for a 1 bedroom suite. There were no glasses, plates or cutlery in the kitchenette. We were expected to pay extra for internet (REALLY this is 2014????) and pay extra for parking and for a cot. There were no pillows or extra blankets in the room for the sofa bed.

There was a SERIOUS problem with the elevators and had to wait up to 15 mins before we finally decided to walk the stairs down the 12 floors.

Overall, though the view was amazing I would not bring guests back here again as the room did not warrant the price of the room.

Room Tip: The view was amazing! We had a group of 6 and the junior suite accommodated us all well (one bedroo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank World_Traveller084
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Good Day World_Traveller084,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed the view from your guestroom. It is definitely beautiful. I thank you for your comments regarding items in the suites and the charge for internet. I apologize for the wait times for elevators during your stay. I am sorry for any inconveniences caused to you and hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are visiting the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've always liked staying at hotels that are in a quieter part of town, and we certainly found this with the "Gateway." Away from all the hustle and bustle, this hotel sits at the edge of the town but eith fantastic views overlooking Niagara Falls. We stayed in a suite which was fantastic! We had a loving room area looking directly over the falls, and we were able to watch the firework and light display from the comfort of our sofa. The restaurant had an amazing menu choice of meals and eonderful cocktails. The restaurant overlooks the falls and it was lovely to be able to enjoy the view whilst dining. You don't have to stay in a suite to see the spectacular falls but if you book a room on a high floor with falls view, you will not be disappointed. This hotel is a must if you are wanting to stay in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayne G
Good Day Jayne,

Thank you for your comments! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I'll start off by saying that the view is fantastic. We were on the 26th floor with an amazing view of the Canadian falls with the American falls in the distance.

The room was very basic. We had two queens instead of a king room for two people (which I recommend considering they're $50 cheaper and all you get with the king is a whirlpool and a fireplace). Nice minifridge and really comfortable beds. High speed wifi for $10 per day advertised that it was excellent for video chats but it wasn't. Internet speed was appalling. Nothing spectacular about the room aside from the view.

Unfortunately, we were told the room would be ready at 3. We arrived at 4 and it still was not ready. Since we had just driven 8 hours go get there, we didn't feel like hunting around town for a restaurant so we decided to go to the hotel restaurant. Good food but ridiculously overpriced. Avoid that if you can.

The tour desk was also really bad. I had seen online where we could book a few attractions for $50 per person and when I went to the tour desk, they tried to offer me the package for $120. When I asked if I could just buy single attractions they said "yeah but do it down there" while pointing towards the falls. Really poor customer service. Not interested in helping you at all unless you were going to buy their tour.

All in all, spectacular view from the room, really late check-in and no one seemed to care, and the tour desk was worthless. Might stay there again but would call ahead to make sure my room would be ready.

PS. Lots of people are saying the elevators are bad and take a long time. We didn't seem to have problems with them.

Room Tip: If you're looking to save money, go with the queen room even if you are a couple. $50 cheaper pe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Josh C
Hello Josh,

Thank you for your comments. Its great to hear that you loved the view our hotel offers and enjoyed your time in Niagara Falls. I do apologize that your guestroom was not ready when you checked in and that you did not receive the help you requested when you were at our Information Desk. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you.

I hope that we will see you again when you are visiting Niagara Falls.