Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Booked through Booking.com for a Fallsview room on a high floor. We got exactly what we paid for. The view is amazing!!

We were checked in quickly by a very friendly and efficient receptionist who gave us vouchers for this hotel and their sister hotel next door. Our room was on the 27th floor and I would quite happily have spent the two days sitting in the room looking at the view!

Apart from that the hotel was quite nice!! The view is their unique selling point. There was a bottle of water in the room - on a dusty glass shelf - priced at $4.95, which we left on the dusty shelf. We ordered wine in the bar on our first evening and asked if we could take it upstairs - apparently there is a problem with licensing and we couldn't take it out of the bar. Strange, as we didn't have this problem anywhere else in Canada. The bar area looks quite basic and dated although I believe it has been refurbished recently. I think the designer is a little out of touch - looks a bit 80's.

We had breakfast in the hotel and it was very good. As we had been given a voucher we decided to use this and have dinner in the hotel. This was actually one of the best meals of our holiday.

The best part of Niagara Falls is the actual Falls themselves. We took a boat trip on the Hornblower, which was great. The rest of the town is quite tacky. We opted for a tour of the Vineyards which was very good - organised by Josephine in the hotel. She very kindly held the tour up to wait for my husband to come back from the room. When we got back to Toronto we were told we had visited the top vineyards in the area.

Lifts are a big problem. If you are on a high floor, give yourself (a lot of) extra time to get to the ground floor in the lift, which was the reason it took my husband so long to get back to the lobby!

All in all, I would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Free wifi in Reception. You must pay for wifi in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HiFiNI
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Good Day HiFiNI,

It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us and loved the view from your room. I am also glad to hear that you had a great meal in Milestones Grill + Bar, our onsite restaurant. Thank you for your comments regarding Josephine from our Tour Desk. This is great to hear, and I am very happy that you enjoyed the wine tour.

I apologize for the wait times with the elevators. I understand how upsetting that can be when you are heading somewhere. But I am happy to hear that you would return and recommend our hotel.

See you soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I found the view to be spectacular but found the lack of "extras" to be frustrating considering I paid $415 for a 1 bedroom suite. There were no glasses, plates or cutlery in the kitchenette. We were expected to pay extra for internet (REALLY this is 2014????) and pay extra for parking and for a cot. There were no pillows or extra blankets in the room for the sofa bed.

There was a SERIOUS problem with the elevators and had to wait up to 15 mins before we finally decided to walk the stairs down the 12 floors.

Overall, though the view was amazing I would not bring guests back here again as the room did not warrant the price of the room.

Room Tip: The view was amazing! We had a group of 6 and the junior suite accommodated us all well (one bedroo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank World_Traveller084
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Good Day World_Traveller084,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed the view from your guestroom. It is definitely beautiful. I thank you for your comments regarding items in the suites and the charge for internet. I apologize for the wait times for elevators during your stay. I am sorry for any inconveniences caused to you and hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are visiting the area.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We've always liked staying at hotels that are in a quieter part of town, and we certainly found this with the "Gateway." Away from all the hustle and bustle, this hotel sits at the edge of the town but eith fantastic views overlooking Niagara Falls. We stayed in a suite which was fantastic! We had a loving room area looking directly over the falls, and we were able to watch the firework and light display from the comfort of our sofa. The restaurant had an amazing menu choice of meals and eonderful cocktails. The restaurant overlooks the falls and it was lovely to be able to enjoy the view whilst dining. You don't have to stay in a suite to see the spectacular falls but if you book a room on a high floor with falls view, you will not be disappointed. This hotel is a must if you are wanting to stay in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne G

Good Day Jayne,

Thank you for your comments! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I'll start off by saying that the view is fantastic. We were on the 26th floor with an amazing view of the Canadian falls with the American falls in the distance.

The room was very basic. We had two queens instead of a king room for two people (which I recommend considering they're $50 cheaper and all you get with the king is a whirlpool and a fireplace). Nice minifridge and really comfortable beds. High speed wifi for $10 per day advertised that it was excellent for video chats but it wasn't. Internet speed was appalling. Nothing spectacular about the room aside from the view.

Unfortunately, we were told the room would be ready at 3. We arrived at 4 and it still was not ready. Since we had just driven 8 hours go get there, we didn't feel like hunting around town for a restaurant so we decided to go to the hotel restaurant. Good food but ridiculously overpriced. Avoid that if you can.

The tour desk was also really bad. I had seen online where we could book a few attractions for $50 per person and when I went to the tour desk, they tried to offer me the package for $120. When I asked if I could just buy single attractions they said "yeah but do it down there" while pointing towards the falls. Really poor customer service. Not interested in helping you at all unless you were going to buy their tour.

All in all, spectacular view from the room, really late check-in and no one seemed to care, and the tour desk was worthless. Might stay there again but would call ahead to make sure my room would be ready.

PS. Lots of people are saying the elevators are bad and take a long time. We didn't seem to have problems with them.

Room Tip: If you're looking to save money, go with the queen room even if you are a couple. $50 cheaper pe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Josh C

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your comments. Its great to hear that you loved the view our hotel offers and enjoyed your time in Niagara Falls. I do apologize that your guestroom was not ready when you checked in and that you did not receive the help you requested when you were at our Information Desk. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you.

I hope that we will see you again when you are visiting Niagara Falls.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed for several days for a business conference. We had a view room on the 10th floor, and it was an amazing view! The place was clean and well cared for.
However, it makes me nuts that A: we had to pay extra for parking ($10/day). Even more so, Wifi was an extra $7-10 per day per device. We have a phone and a tablet each, so that's $40 extra each day for the plan that allows streaming. In this age of connectedness, Wifi is expected at any decent hotel. What a load of crap!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank ProfessorPaddle
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hello ProfessorPaddle,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful view that the hotel offers to guests of Niagara Falls. We also thank you for your further comments regarding the additional charges. The parking rate that you paid was a reduced rate that was contracted through our sales team, our normal parking fee is $25.00 per night, which is a standard fee in this area of Niagara Falls. We have recently changed the pricing for internet, which has reduced the cost for guests if you are using basic internet. The hotel offers complimentary internet in the hotel lobby and business centre for guests.

I hope we will welcome you back again to the hotel.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a room on the 28th floor, it was very large, clean, but internet access from rooms comes at an additional cost (access is free from the lobby). The view on the falls was just perfect. There is a restaurant and bar. Room's style was slightly outdated, but that's a matter of taste.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laurent D
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. I cannot speak for the price because this was a company paid trip and all expenses I incurred were paid for by my company.

PROS:
- Great views and very clean. Rooms were cleaned daily and fresh towels/sheets were given. Prompt service.
- Comfortable, short walk to the falls.
- Hotel staff were helpful and quick, always trying to make sure your stay was enjoyable and you felt welcomed.
- Free wifi in lobby and free access to computers and printing services.
- Beds were awesome to sleep in. Rooms were spacious.

CONS:
- The elevators took up to 20 minutes at times! YES TWENTY MINUTES! There was conventions going on and the hotel was fully booked but still this wait was ridiculous. I took the stairs for most of my stay.
- Some vending machines on floors were out of service. Had to walk to other floors to use them.
- Room service was fast but the food was terrible. It was not nearly enough for what I paid ($31 for breakfast!) and the apple juice was about 75% water and 25% juice.
- When I called to order room service they were confused because they said that someone had already checked me out at 9am. This was a mixup at the hotel front desk. They were under the impression that my room was vacant and could not understand why I was in it. The problem was fixed within a few hours though.
- The price of the store and Starbucks was extortionate (I suppose you could say that about any hotel store though).

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family, and I would definitely stay again. Only recommendation is don't bother with room service!

Stayed: July 2014