“Not worth the money”

Ranked #13 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Got a whirlpool room... when we arrived at 4pm they told us our room wasnt ready yet & to wait in the lobby & someone would notify us... never happenned... then when they actually let us check in, we asked if it was possible for a high floor & the check in guy said nothing then put us on the 4th floor... Which is the lowest floor.. it had a nice balcony but the 1x8 railing completely blocked our view of the falls unless we stepped outside (it's Feb) to look over it... lastly the hvac system makes a noise every time it shuts off that sounded like a dryer alarm.. bed was hard and we were constantly awakened when the heat would shut off.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank candicegaud
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Candicegaud,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that we did not have your guestroom ready upon your arrival and that we were not able to provide you with a room on a higher floor for your stay. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay.

Gord Chow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (852)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am currently staying in this hotel and I would have to say its really just ok. Its the last hotel on the hotel strip in Niagara. The hotel itself has a clean lobby and the room was ok. The room has very generic furniture. The bed was fine. I found the Sheraton and Hilton beds much nicer. In fact I found both of those hotels in town much nicer. The staff here are also just ok, very average. They all seem a little... sad. They don't seem like they enjoy their jobs. They are polite and everything but they defiantly don't go above and beyond. Its very robotic. I seem to get the answer "no" a lot in this hotel.
We did get a decent price with a package. We did get a nice view of the falls.

Also when I spoke with reservations they were very upfront about any extra charges like parking but they did tell me that I would get a free upgrade for being a Marriot rewards member which was false. Don't worry they set me straight. You have to be a Marriott gold member or something. At the Sheraton they upgraded us without asking because I was a part of their program. I don't like being tricked so I will sign up for a loyalty card.

I do not think I would return to this hotel unless it was an incredible deal. Pay the extra bit and stay at one of the others.

Room Tip: Fallsview is nice
2 Thank Christopher H
Good Day Chris H,

We thank you for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear that our associates did not make your stay exceptional for you. This is not the typical service that we strive to provide. I am very sorry that you felt a lack of service. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed for two nights. A long wait in a line for check in and then in a line for the lift . Parking a bit expensive at $20 per night plus taxes. Not something you think about when booking a hotel room. Room a nice size and clean. Beds very comfortable. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Views are fantastic even when waiting for the lift.

Room Tip: The best views in Niagara without doubt especially on the higher floors. The views from the rooms co...
2 Thank Chasserburt
Thank you charlesb755! We appreciate your comments from your stay.
I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 5 nights. It was not a very positive experience. First, when we arrived, the person checking us in was not very friendly. He then went on to tell me that my credit card was not authorized for enough money. This was news to me seeing as how I had made sure i had enough money for the hotel. When i booked it, it told me the price without tax so i had figured out the tax and made sure i had enough. The concierge told me i needed to have 300$ more. This was surprising. Apparently the security deposit was $124 per night. This was news to me. The site i booked it on made no mention of this and when we stayed in Niagara fallls last year at this time the security deposit at the other hotel was 50$ per trip. 2nd, out of the 4 days we stayed, housekeeping only came 2 times. We had left our room a bit late but were gone for a while every day. Once we had to call for extra towels and the other time they brought them because they knew they did not come, I'm not sure if it just takes them really long to clean a room or what. It was just overall not a great experience.

1 Thank Travelgirl9190
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Good Day Travelgirl9190,

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Niagara Falls. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our reservation system authorizes credit cards for Room & Tax plus $50.00 per night at the time of check in. I apologize for this inconvenience to you and am sorry that you were not aware of this prior to arrival. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive service each day in your guestroom. I understand how disappointing that would have been for you.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are visiting the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The 2 queen bed room is supposedly $500 a night. Not on your life! Small bathrooms. Lobby great looking. Staff was alright. Room was small but clean and comfortable. TV had treehouse so that was a big plus. Tv also HDMI ports so bring your own movies! Parking was expensive $20 and you park a mile away. No microwave was a big -ve for us since we were traveling with kids - no warm milk :(. We could rent one for $50 a stay and chose not to on principal. All in all. It was a pleasant stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Humaira K
Dear Humaira K,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. I am sorry that we did not provide you with the perfect stay for your family. I hope that we will see you again soon.

Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for a one night getaway. Hotel is very clean. Rooms are clean and modern. Fallsview room we were in had an incredible view. Staff were friendly and polite.

Only big issue for us was having to wait for the elevators. The hotel uses a touchpad to select your room which then determines which elevator you are to take (out of 4) which results in a backlog of guests waiting for a ride up to their rooms. This technology works great when you have multiple elevators to utilize (think Las Vegas), however when you only have 4 to use, be prepared to wait, average wait for a elevator was anywhere between 5-8 minutes (may not seem like much but consider a trip up and then down would mean you could be standing there for 10-16 minutes). During our rides in the elevator, not one guest we rode with had a positive thing to say about this technology.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms are awesome
1 Thank Newmarket2012
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Newmarket2012,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are sorry that you felt our elevator system too slow. This is an efficient system that we have just put in place due to many complaints from our previous system. We are working to ensure that the elevators are working to the best of their ability. We hope that you will consider staying with us again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ended up at this Marriott thanks to a huge snowstorm. (We couldn't drive any further.) I think we were the only people in the hotel! Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite with a view of the Falls, fireplace and jacuzzi. It included 2 rooms, a large bathroom and kitchen area with sink, microwave and fridge. Nice fireplace kept the sitting area warm. Beds were super comfortable and room was very clean. We had wifi thanks to gold Marriott status.
The staff were very friendly. It was very quiet yet that's exactly when staff can get sloppy and lazy but everyone we encountered was very nice and went our of their way to chat and make us feel if we needed anything they would do it. Had a great breakfast in the concierge lounge but drinks in the bar the previous night were good too.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and get a falls view. No matter how old you are or how many times you've been it...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tohhall
4410, General Manager at Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Good Day tohhall,

We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us! We hope to have you back soon for a longer, planned stay.

Safe travels!